Thread: Princess Theatre

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Default Princess Theatre

I went to this amazing theatre on Whyte recently and I gotta say - I loved it. The interiors were very vintage and cool and the staff was very helpful. The prices were amazing for the quality for sure. It had a nice cozy feel and the concession was cheap. One theatre has balcony seating and there is also a underground one. I recommend this theatre for anyone wanting a nice night with unqiue films : ).
    ----

I haven't gone yet..but I went to Garneau. Great cinema, just wish these dudes would get a website worth looking at.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

garneau is amazing too but i like the cozyness of princess .
    ----

The Princess is aptly named, imo...

C2E Long Term Contributor

i am a big princess/II and Garneau fan... most movies i attend are seen there.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

So The Princess is no longer operated by Magic Lantern. Plaza Entertainment has taken over (I understand they own the actual building?). We'll see if this results in any changes in operation.
    Also, rumour has it the building is in rough shape and needs substantial investment. Anyone in the know?

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

^ that doesn't sound good.

C2E Long Term Contributor

This is truly a gem in this city and all of us need to ensure it is never lost. I am a regular visitor and absolutely love sitting up top watching a flick with a pre-meal on whyte.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    This is truly a gem in this city and all of us need to ensure it is never lost. I am a regular visitor and absolutely love sitting up top watching a flick with a pre-meal on whyte.
    Yeah, Balcony rocks. That way you get a nice view of the theater. None other like it in Alberta afaik.

Agreed that we can't lose this one. Strathcona can't lose this one. This Theater for many IS the quintessential ground zero of Old Strathcona.

With they still had it as a repertory theater though ala what Garneau is more like now. I liked that format better as it would result in going there more times.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"