Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566
Results 6,501 to 6,527 of 6527

Thread: Valley Line LRT | Downtown to Millwoods | Under Construction

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
    For all the nay sayers who think this line is just like the Capital line.
    http://edmontonjournal.com/business/...-redevelopment
    Heritage Mall? I mean Century Park?
    last I checked it is finally under development.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

C2E Hard Core Contributor

They sent out the winning proposals for the art at each station

https://www.edmontonarts.ca/static_m..._PublicArt.pdf

Some of them are very nice, some of them are huge misses, and some just look like add ons to the structures rather than true art.

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
    They sent out the winning proposals for the art at each station

https://www.edmontonarts.ca/static_m..._PublicArt.pdf

Some of them are very nice, some of them are huge misses, and some just look like add ons to the structures rather than true art.
    Oh...
    Wow, the Strathearn 'art' is like 1970s landscape wall paper. UV resistant film applied to the shelter glass...no one will scratch or peel that that's basically the same as a lifestyle add on a Shoppers Drug Mart window. Am I missing something?
    That's incredibly disappointing. What a massive missed opportunity.

It's hard to believe that going high is so much more expensive than surface. The carnage currently underway on 83 st is just getting started. The latest is huge storm sewer pre-casts - that's not cheap! And instead of going over the Bonnie Doon traffic circle, they are planning to demolish it and create two T-intersections and partially block 85 st.

You can make any alternative unpalatable simply by falsifying the numbers on paper and repeating the big lie over and over again.

I firmly believe that one of the goals of the Transportation Department was to use the LRT as an excuse to eliminate the BD traffic circle.

That precludes any attempt to elevate the line over Whyte Ave. otherwise people would question why not extend the Whyte Ave overpass to go over the BD parking lot and traffic circle.

Funny that they could do it over Argyll, the tracks and have an elevated station in a empty field. But of course that is entirely different in their minds, It is unfair to rationalize an apples to apples comparison on the same line. Sarcasm a foot deep.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 24-01-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by K364 View Post
    It's hard to believe that going high is so much more expensive than surface. The carnage currently underway on 83 st is just getting started. The latest is huge storm sewer pre-casts - that's not cheap! And instead of going over the Bonnie Doon traffic circle, they are planning to demolish it and create two T-intersections and partially block 85 st.
    One intersection, no? With 85th north-bound essentially being diverted to either proceed east or south.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Capture of the redesigned intersection from this vid:

Keep in mind this vid was created based on preliminary designs that may have changed.
    Last edited by lat; 24-01-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Weird to have a right turn free flow lane from 85th st. southbound to Connors Road North bound that would have minimum traffic BUT no right turn free flow lane from Conners Road SB to 83rd St. SB, a very heavy traffic route. Makes absolutely no sense.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Weird to have a right turn free flow lane from 85th st. southbound to Connors Road North bound that would have minimum traffic BUT no right turn free flow lane from Conners Road SB to 83rd St. SB, a very heavy traffic route. Makes absolutely no sense.
    I wouldn't read too much into a preview video from 6 years ago. Below is a capture from the 2017 design booklet on www.transedlrt.ca, which shows a free flow lane from Connors to 83 St.

https://imgur.com/a/DD1DN
    Screenshot from this PDF: http://transedlrt.ca/wp-content/uplo...rt_booklet.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    TransEd in their public plans release and most traffic plans I've seen conclude that there is a southbound "free flow" lane off Connors Road.

Page: 33 for reference: https://www.edmonton.ca/documents/Ro...rt_booklet.pdf

That may have changed. Anyone have an up to date confirmation?

Have any of the designs or road configurations changed since last year?

TransEd just told me that the roadwork and intersection is the same as in the brochure we just posted.

C2E SME

Well remember that the route down 83st will not be as busy once the LRT is open. For one thing all the bus routes out of Mill Woods will be rerouted and reassigned because the LRT will handle lots of those passengers. I think the goal of this new configuration is to send more traffic to 75th street instead of 83 street.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Bombardier to display new Light Rail Vehicle for Valley Line
    DISRUPTIONNOTICEAREA 4
    EDMONTON, AB – January 29, 2018 – TransEd and Bombardier Transportation are inviting the citizens of Edmonton to view firsthand the features of the new low-floor Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) that will be used for the Valley Line.

From Friday, Feb. 2 to Tuesday, Feb. 6, a fully-accessible mock-up of the new Bombardier LRV will be on display in the east lot of the Bonnie Doon Mall, open from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Friday Feb 2, and from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. for the remaining days. Staff will be available to answer questions.

Please join us at the east parking lot of the Bonnie Doon Mall (82 Ave and 83 St) for the following activities:

Fun activities and treats for the kids on the afternoon of Saturday, Feb. 3
    HOT 107 FM live broadcast remote from the site Feb. 3
    Bombardier is holding a contest for the best group photo in front of the mock-up with a grand prize of $1,000 to the winning group.

For more information, visit our website http://transedlrt.ca/advisories or contact us via email at [email protected] or by phone 780-224-0964.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

www.decl.org

^ Interesting design. I'm not sure abt the articulated elements here. Seems like cost cutting measure to me. The car doesn't look that long enough to warrant an articulated piece of material in between a car of that size. Or is this just a working model?
    Last edited by envaneo; 31-01-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Keep in mind some of the radius' that they face in a more urban environment.
    www.decl.org

pretty similar to the ones I took in Paris:

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iu5nnSz9zA

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Uh-huh. I get that. The WLRT is a low floor urban streetcar. Thanks for the replay though Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by B.ike View Post

Kind of unattractive imo, uggh.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Uh-huh. I get that. The WLRT is a low floor urban streetcar. Thanks for the replay though Ian.
    ?
    www.decl.org

^ Its just my response Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    ^ Its just my response Ian.
    Okay then... thanks for the contribution.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

LRT portion of a rambling dissertation to Scott McKeen just now:

Hi Scott,

It’s your downtown adjutant (agitator?) again with some random thoughts:

1) West LRT. Do not dare to let administration bully you into a level crossing. 109 Street and 104 ave is badly congested as it is and the suggestion that it’s all the fault of the High Level Bridge is just silly. And of course, to get their way, administration will give you only the most expensive options.

Just like the mess that is Kingsway and 111 ave with the Metro line, and will be with 83 Street and Whyte Ave, a level crossing at 109 Street and 104 Ave will be an inevitable disaster forcing emergency vehicles to make lengthy and perhaps life threatening detours.

Just like the mess that is Kingsway and 111 ave with the Metro line, and will be with 83 Street and Whyte Ave, a level crossing at 109 Street and 104 Ave will increase vehicle congestion thereby increasing greenhouse gas emissions.

There’s just no winning scenario for a level crossing there. Nada, zip, bupkis.

2) City Hall. .. blah, blah, blah - elsewhere on this board
    ... gobsmacked

C2E Continued Contributor
    South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by B.ike View Post

Quite unattractive.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Bordeaux doing it right

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566