Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869
Results 6,801 to 6,826 of 6826

Thread: Valley Line LRT | Downtown to Millwoods | Under Construction

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    The new train is to be installed at Bonnie Doone so the public can crawl all over it. Very excited.
    have a link?
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Nope... it was in the paper

here ya go https://globalnews.ca/news/4300647/e...lrt-car-train/
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 15-07-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Yay for the Google machine!
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    The new train is to be installed at Bonnie Doone so the public can crawl all over it. Very excited.
    Um, crawl along with it, perhaps?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

O Howie, glad to see ya haven’t changed. This Lrt has already been a game changer not only for my community of Bonnie Doone but also those around me.

Its fantastic and no Indont mind the construction.

oh god, look whos back! The guy who cheered on the NAIT line, and now can't see how bad this train will be.

Where have you been gitzel!? we've missed you. Well, not missed you. Just many many things you've stood up for have been proven quite the opposite!

Yeah, I am surprised that he crawled out from under that rock too!

I notice that he gets immediately on his soap box and says; "Its fantastic and no Indont mind the construction." spelling mistakes and all.

Sure EDP does not mind the construction. Anything that buggers up the daily commute for 90% of the population to force them to use transit is all good with EDP! No matter if the commute by transit is slow, costs the taxpayer 100% for capital expenditures and 55% in subsides to operate. And I say this knowing that my moniker is "Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.", something the COE is failing on all three counts.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I wonder if he left C2E when he left Oliver... he probably has a car now too, and reality of being an adult slowing sinking in as he ages into his 40s.

Mass transit design should not have the goal: "If LRT can't beat a car, then cripple the roads."
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

1 lane reduction and it's now crippling?
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Think about the Capital & Metro line grade level crossings and the impacts on left turns along the routes.

You know this, it was in all the papers...

If EDP had his way, cars would be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I wonder if he left C2E when he left Oliver... he probably has a car now too, and reality of being an adult slowing sinking in as he ages into his 40s.
    Better then being a gawd damned child like you are acting like right now? Was wondering when you would pounce and start attacking him like you have done for years on this fourm

Its my biggest fan! Hey Kris!

Its my biggest fan! Hey Kris!
    Sup matt......

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by cnr67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    My guess is that the CN train could make it as far as 75 Street (near the Davies Station).
    There is a spur that still runs toward DT and stub ends at the Coliseum...
    When you consider the closest railway to the LRT barn is that spur, it makes sense. Least amount of work

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cnr67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    My guess is that the CN train could make it as far as 75 Street (near the Davies Station).
    There is a spur that still runs toward DT and stub ends at the Coliseum...
    When you consider the closest railway to the LRT barn is that spur, it makes sense. Least amount of work
    You realize its not going to the old LRT barn its going into its own LRT barn just off the whitemud right?

Is that barn ready yet Kris?

Is that barn ready yet Kris?
    You cry about Ian O needing to follow the rules yet you breaking them here good job hypocrite

kris, if Im breaking rules, please let admin know.

Matt

You might as well ignore them Gen. They will just attack you.

I have bought a house near the Bonnie Doone station. The Lrt construction has little to no effect on my life. I welcome it’s opening greatly.

oh god, look whos back! The guy who cheered on the NAIT line, and now can't see how bad this train will be.

Where have you been gitzel!? we've missed you. Well, not missed you. Just many many things you've stood up for have been proven quite the opposite!
    ... Says the man who advocating putting all lines through the dt tunnel..... you really should um... evolve.

Maybe you've missed the last several years of discussion here. Catch up....

And yes, I still advocate for full utilization of our transit assets. The downtown tunnel can carry a lot more capacity than it is. Such wastefulness. With the PROPER signalling, the downtown tunnel can carry 3 lines. It's at 1.5 now. Before you resume your previous rage fits of disorder, consider that the LRT documentation for the original line calls for that.

Weren't you the one advocating for the NAIT line and saying how wonderful it will be etc, etc, etc.... It doesn't need separation at busy intersections... man, how wrong you and the city are. now they will need to shut down the line to correct those mistakes in the future.... and expensive fix... a lot more than it would be if they.... hold on .... hold on...

GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST [email protected]!$#@(%[email protected]

Thanks so much for these updates. Very excited about this project and long awaited LRT to Millwoods.

The upcoming testing should be exciting and happening before I thought it would. Visually its nice to get a glimpse of it moving on tracks and further to the eventual opening of the line in two years. We're at a stage now where we're seeing some segments of line being completed.
    Last edited by Replacement; 18-07-2018 at 08:23 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I lived by the Kingsway lrt intersection. It wasnít that bad. It inconcienced me no more than any other major intersection in the city. Tbh and at times I had to drive through it 4-5 times a day for work.

Now I live by the dreaded 83st intersection. Again I donít see any major issue. Thus far everything has been very manageable. Except for the signaling issues Iím happy with the lrt development. Happy enough Iím thinking of becoming a driver for the valley line.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 18-07-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19596566676869