Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Global News

C2E Continued Contributor

Default Global News

I've officially have had it with this 2nd rate newscast. The last 5 editions of their news cast have started of with the story about that girl who got abducted. And nothing new about that story. The exact same story. Talk about milking a story for everything it's worth.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KingswayGuy View Post
    I've officially have had it with this 2nd rate newscast. The last 5 editions of their news cast have started of with the story about that girl who got abducted. And nothing new about that story. The exact same story. Talk about milking a story for everything it's worth.
    global news is really predictable.. their formula goes something like this:

major story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
    minor story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
    car crash (fatality)
    car crash (fatality)
    car crash (seriously injured)
    update older stories about murders/car crashes
    weather
    anything else happening
    you missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.

First One is Always Free

I have to agree...Global News is really starting to sound like a TV version of the Edmonton Sun... i've been watching CTV news which I find much better and CBC Edmonton which is also very good...

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

I used to really like Global Edmonton, but over the last couple years, the quality of their newscast has diminished significantly. I've almost stopped watching local newscasts altogether, relying on newspapers to receive my local news, and watching the National on the CBC to hear about other world events.

C2E Posting Power

Yup and their weather lady is awful as well.

CTV is the only local station worthwhile watching.

Maybe CTV has gotten better in recent years, but it used to be just as bad, if not worse, than Global currently is.

global news is really predictable.. their formula goes something like this:

major story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
    minor story about someone being killed/major violence/shocker story
    what is Obama doing?
    car crash (fatality)
    car crash (fatality)
    car crash (seriously injured)
    update older stories about murders/car crashes
    weather
    anything else happening[/quote]

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I really don't like Global, I boycott the news casts. I used to not mind them, but now I still to CTV or CityTv. The meteorologist doesn't believe in global warming, the call downtown dangerous, they'll use 107th Avenue or other areas at least 3 blocks (sometimes more) from our core and affiliate it with the downtown core diminishing the image of the core, and whatnot. they're so suburban :P.
    ----

I'd rather C2E than work!

Watch CBC News at Six.

It might be a bit of a culture shock because it is not as flashy and the pace is slower. But the news reporting is more thought-provoking and they have excellent investigative reporters at the local level.

Partially Addicted to C2E

Really i used to be a big fan of CTV and though Global was fairly bad now i am watching Global more and less CTV

CBC News at Six. Give me some hard-hitting David Gerow!

C2E Long Term Contributor

I only watch Global Morning News because there's nothing else to watch at that time, but its the best of a rotten bunch: poorly-edited headline updates, fluff content, a short list of repetitive ads (e.g. McCains), and the biggest collection of the most annoying media personalities in town (I only like the grumpy Ganam). I wish they'd bring back the old Big Breakfast on CityTV.

Although I regularly watch CTV News at 6 PM, I think I'm going to give CBC a try tonight.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

^CTV Morning News/ Canada AM is on at that time. So is bt. I usually watch BT in the mornings too, sometimes at night, but usually CTV.
    ----

Addicted to C2E

March 11th is the deadline for Global's parent company to refinance its debt or declare bankruptcy.

Global shares closed at 29 cents today.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Global is not much different than CTV or CBC, all television new has become laughable. At best it is a stab/death report and at worst it is flat out propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Global is not much different than CTV or CBC, all television new has become laughable. At best it is a stab/death report and at worst it is flat out propaganda.
    I think a few people know my opinion of Global on here.

What I'd like to see is a return to boring old unbiased news. I know they have to fight for ratings like any other tv shows but really oversensationalization (long word) runs rampant lately just so they can draw viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeman View Post
    Yup and their weather lady is awful as well.

Hear Hear! I thought it was just me that couldn't stand her. And I agree - lately their news has been very lame; I wonder if they have staffing problems. CTV has improved a lot over the years - it's fast paced, tight, and relevant. At least for the first 10 minutes. After that, it's the CBC or a sit-com for me. CBC's weather lady has my vote for the most accurate forecast and she is not annoying like that Global lady.

I miss having Claire Martin who used to be Globa's weather lady... now she forcasts for the CBC on the National.

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    I miss having Claire Martin who used to be Globa's weather lady... now she forcasts for the CBC on the National.
    Claire has moved to CBC Vancouver. I have to disagree with comments about Nicola Crosbie @ Global. At least she has some personality and adds some levity into her weather presentations. On the other hand I can't stand Josh Klassen on CTV.
    Last edited by Barry N; 04-03-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Surely , not everyone was Kung Fu fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Claire has moved to CBC Vancouver.
    Yes, I know... She gives the forecast for the National newscast on the CBC.

what has happened to Linda's eyes? Yikes!!

Good thread. I am also finding Global News more of a "magazine" style of broadcast. I watch the news to get news, important information not trivia. I take my news very seriously and will take up some suggestions here. Tonight I will watch CBC News at 6pm and tomorrow I'll watch CTV.

PS Actually I think Nicola on Global is doing a good job with the weather. She was very nervous at first when Clare left but she is much more comfortable now.
    We are all the same, just different...

Quote Originally Posted by KingswayGuy View Post
    I am not really fond of any of them instead of just reporting the news, they want to be the news! When something happens, they bring out every professor/or authority on the subject. I like to have news breaks.

I wish Global would go back to half hour news! I hate how they drag it out for two full hours now.

ahh the gold old days news then a half hour of MASH!

yes, i know... She gives the forecast for the national newscast on the cbc.
    She is also noted for her brief appearance in Pink Floyd's movie, The Wall. She can be seen (ever so briefly) as part of the children's choir singing back-up on the song, Another Brick in the Wall - Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JJMorrocco View Post
    I wish Global would go back to half hour news! I hate how they drag it out for two full hours now.

I like M*A*S*H!
    ----

Watched CBC tonight and the news was better than Global. There was one anchor and therefore no personal interaction between anchors, which I liked. Tomorrow CTV....
    We are all the same, just different...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Watched CBC tonight and the news was better than Global. There was one anchor and therefore no personal interaction between anchors, which I liked. Tomorrow CTV....
    That can get so annoying... I am watching the new for just that, the NEWS!!!

Just about every full length story on Global Morning News is a Calgary story. I'm close to shutting off this stupid show for good and stick to reading the paper.
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 27-04-2009 at 07:35 AM.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by edmontonenthusiast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJMorrocco View Post

I like M*A*S*H!
    If you like M*A*S*H it's on from 6-7 p.m on History Television.

^Yep I know. I often watch either CBC News or Mash at that time if I am watching TV from 6-7. Thanks though .
    ----

First One is Always Free

I've also gotten sick of Global. On the morning news cast Shaye and Mike kept going on about how soccer isn't a real sport but hockey is.

Their overall presentation is sloppy and constant mistakes are happening live.
    Best paw forward is the way to go! Put your best paw forward and away you go!

I'll join the exodus of viewers leaving Global TV ... I used to rave about it too.

When I got home from work yesterday evening, I surfed the tv for 5 mins. Well, the story re. Police Racism got the top bill (1st or 2nd story) on the other two major newscasts. What did Global News do?

They ignored the story entirely ... then, to add insult to injury they pulled out their "editorialist" Layton to comment on the recent embarrassment of the feds sending body bags to the First Nations Reserve, saying that if they hadn't made such a blunder, the aboriginal community would be "complaining" that body bags were NOT sent. How insenstive and pathetic has Global "News" got now?

When they lost their News Editor to CTV, I think that was probably a good sign. But, now when I click past the Global TV Newscast I think of Don Henley's lyrics from Dirty Laundry. Global TV news no longer delivers "journalism", it's basically feel good stories ONLY - when it comes to our "finest" and getting bubble-headed (talking heads) to read in front of a box.

I will not go back to Global until they clean house (assuming Canwest does not go bankrupt). If not for their traffic report, they'd have already lost a major market share for their failure to uphold journalistic integrity.

My cousin's husband is an RCMP officer in SK and I don't think even they would try to make an excuse for Global TV's so-called "reporting" of news, especially when it comes to the local police. If it's a story about the force trying to smear our Police Chief for trying to clean up the mess, sure. Otherwise, turn your tv to a credible news station.

Glad to see others are finally getting it. Canwest's influence dominates the province and they tell a lot of...propaganda, for lack of a better word. They own the Journal and Herald and that's pretty much a solid deathgrip on the opinions we get.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

Glad to see others are finally getting it. Canwest's influence dominates the province and they tell a lot of...propaganda, for lack of a better word. They own the Journal and Herald and that's pretty much a solid deathgrip on the opinions we get.
    Oh, I "got it" a while ago ... I posted a thread re. their bias and lack of "journalism" on police scandals a while ago. I admit I was naive to think they would clean up their act, but maybe when their license renewal comes up before the CRTC, they can ask Tim what the h-ll is going on at Canwest. Why do they seem to want to "protect" the bad apples of Edmonton's police force? If anything, we need to give our Chief of Police major support to weed out these kind of people.

It's also a shame that they under-use Gord Steinke's talent, sending him out to do historical features. Likewise, if they keep over-working Shaye Ganon, who fits well with the light-nature of morning and noon telecasts, they are going to burn him out. I think that guy needs a pay raise, he works from early morning til noon (and probably beyond). And, no, I'm not related to him, or know him personally.

Global TV - you are losing your local market share big time. Read what the Edmonton viewers are saying.

And, really, Bob Layton needs to apologize for his stupidity re. body bags for First Nations. Pretty much everybody, but he, seems to "get it".

Send Bob a Lunch Bag for him to eat his words, and send the rest of Edmonton some vomit (barf) bags for having to stomach his ludicrous attitude.

Bob needs to retire, enough said.

Layton is the only reason why I won't watch Global 6 News. Otherwise I'll make do with CTV.

Did Global renovate their studio? It looks brighter than the Death Star ambiance they had before.

As for Global Morning News, why do they always get that Daintre ditz to comment on the last news story like she's some wise sage? She never has anything worthwhile to say. Just stick with the traffic, lady.

And why is it that when the traffic chopper is grounded, Jackie Jeffrey sounds like she's talking from the bottom of a clapboard outhouse? She's obviously using a cellphone, but her voice is muffled and you can hear background noise/voices, giving the viewers the impression of a Mickey Mouse operation.
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 28-05-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Did Global renovate their studio? It looks brighter than the Death Star ambiance they had before.

As for Global Morning News, why do they always get that Daintre ditz to comment on the last news story like she's some wise sage? She never has anything worthwhile to say. Just stick with the traffic, lady.

And why is it that when the traffic chopper is grounded, Jackie Jeffrey sounds like she's talking from the bottom of a clapboard outhouse? She's obviously using a cellphone, but her voice is muffled and you can background voices.
    They are renovating their news set,and are in Studio 2,while the work is being done.

The chopper is grounded for 2 reasons : 1) Weather 2) Signal transmission problems.

And why is it that when the traffic chopper is grounded, Jackie Jeffrey sounds like she's talking from the bottom of a clapboard outhouse? She's obviously using a cellphone, but her voice is muffled and you can background voices.
    They are renovating their news set,and are in Studio 2,while the work is being done.

The chopper is grounded for 2 reasons : 1) Weather 2) Signal transmission problems.
    Gee thanks! Duh!
    If you bother reading more carefully, I'm commenting on the quality of the chopper lady's broadcast when she's grounded.

How kind of you to worry about my reading skills.

Yes this drive me nuts too. I am surpised they don't use the Les Nesman approach and pound their chest! Teh same goes for K rocks "air traffic", are their listeners that stoned and gullable to believe they really have a plane flying around doing traffic? This isn't the 80's anymore with CJCA Flying Tiger!

South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Claire has moved to CBC Vancouver. I have to disagree with comments about Nicola Crosbie @ Global. At least she has some personality and adds some levity into her weather presentations. On the other hand I can't stand Josh Klassen on CTV.
    Claire and Klassen are CMOS accredited meteorologists. Is Nicola Crosby?
    Before Global, there was ITV and the best weatherman ever in this city.
    Who do I speak of if I say" Keep your eye on the Idaho high"
    These 3 don't compare.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Nicola Crosbie is CMOS accredited as per her bio page on Global:

"She was also the only woman in British Columbia to become a weathercaster endorsed by the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS)."

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/edmon...f-ad6bb759330a

Another reason why Global p!sses me off...they're using today's newscast to promote their prime time fall lineup. Hello CBC News.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ They had a 2 min story in the first 30 minutes of the newscast and it wasn't about their fall schedule. The announcement was that in August, Global Edmonton will be the only newscast in the city to be broadcast in HD. The new set is being constructed as we speak, hence their "new " temporary news set. I cannot wait to see the news in HD/widescreen especially Nicola

Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    ^ They had a 2 min story in the first 30 minutes of the newscast and it wasn't about their fall schedule. The announcement was that in August, Global Edmonton will be the only newscast in the city to be broadcast in HD. The new set is being constructed as we speak, hence their "new " temporary news set. I cannot wait to see the news in HD/widescreen especially Nicola
    Ew. If I have to see Gord in HD during dinner time I'll definately not watch.
    Plus, how are they funding all these new outlets if they're supposedly broke?

its about time, i thought their previous announcement of HD broadcasts was it, but i was sadly disappointed with the 4:3 news on channel 199 or whatever.

Ah, OK. Still, using the local newscast for self-promotion irks me greatly. All of the stations do it, but I find Global is usually the most aggressive about it.

That and global sucks.
    Worst station ever. Hours of religious crap, then soap operas, their amazingly biased news, Entertainment Canada, then US sitcoms or lame TV dramas.

^^^ The worst station is CITY-TV. They can't even scrape together a 30 minute supper-time newscast.

"Claire and Klassen are CMOS accredited meteorologists. Is Nicola Crosby?
    These 3 don't compare."...

How true, how true - good ol' Bill Matheson and his trusty sidekick Bill Jackson. Now that was classic radio...

^

Yup Nicola is also CMOS accredited.
    Duane English is working on courses to get his CMOS accreditation
    Last edited by Barry N; 23-09-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

How true, how true - good ol' Bill Matheson and his trusty sidekick Bill Jackson. Now that was classic radio...
    I miss Bill. I do think Klassen does a pretty good job.Nicola is just pretty- she is usually wrong

I think Nicola is hawt. I kinda have a crush on her. She has a great golf swing too. Have seen her a few times at Victoria driving range.

Nicola is the only Global weather forecaster I can bear watching right now. She's hot and I like her goofy sense of humor.
    I've already stated my hatred of Mike Sobel elsewhere. Mute button is engaged every time he appears.
    Kevin O'Connell is alright personality-wise but has a very dry, boring forecast delivery. Does he really have to drone out the temperature of each and every location on his map?
    Duane English - he's young, so we'll see how he shapes up.

It's truly frightening to think that, were I offered a wish—only one—from a Genie or Leprechaun during the Global dinnertime broadcast, I would probably use it to wish Bob Layton away... far, far away...
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

I'm getting pretty tired of hearing the words "gunned down" on Global News. What ever happened to "shot"? Not everything is a mob hit. Another one is "gangland-style murder" What the hell is that even supposed to mean? All these references do is make people's minds up for them before presenting what actually happened.

Nicola is the only Global weather forecaster I can bear watching right now. She's hot and I like her goofy sense of humor.
    I've already stated my hatred of Mike Sobel elsewhere. Mute button is engaged every time he appears.
    Kevin O'Connell is alright personality-wise but has a very dry, boring forecast delivery. Does he really have to drone out the temperature of each and every location on his map?
    Duane English - he's young, so we'll see how he shapes up.
    Yes....Nicola, you mean she discusses the weather??
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Addicted to C2E

I stick to CityTV for the breakfast news and CBC ( at ten) for the serious stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by deedub35 View Post
    I think Nicola is hawt. I kinda have a crush on her. She has a great golf swing too. Have seen her a few times at Victoria driving range.
    I wonder why her hubby dumped her?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal76 View Post
    I stick to CityTV for the breakfast news and CBC ( at ten) for the serious stuff !
    Ahh the LBC, its so one sided, and hardly national news imnsho

Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deedub35 View Post
    I wonder why her hubby dumped her?

What???? Where did you hear that ?

Well for those who hated the 6PM Newscast team, it was announced today that Lynda Steele will be leaving next August as her husband, who was a Deputy Chief of police, has taken a position in Vancouver.

Deputy Chief Norm Lipinski is leaving the Edmonton city police after more than 30 years.

Many expected Lipinski to be a top candidate for chief when current chief Mike Boyd retires Dec. 31, 2010.

Instead he will be taking on the role of RCMP Assistant Commissioner, responsible for British Columbia’s lower mainland region.

“Leaving the EPS (Edmonton Police Service) was a very difficult decision for me," he said in a note to staff Thursday. "However, the opportunity to work with members of the RCMP in lower mainland British Columbia arose and I couldn’t pass it up. I’m thrilled to be joining this iconic Canadian organization.”

“I’ll miss not only the EPS and what it stands for, but also the many colleagues and friends who truly made it a top-tier policing agency.”

Lipinski will continue in his current role until mid December.

Lipinski is married to Global News anchor Lynda Steele. Steele confirmed she will be leaving her position in August so she can be with her husband in B.C

Quote Originally Posted by Terry_H View Post
    Well for those who hated the 6PM Newscast team, it was announced today that Lynda Steele will be leaving next August as her husband, who was a Deputy Chief of police, has taken a position in Vancouver.
    This is a great shame. She's an excellent news anchor and a wonderful person...and active in the community...she will be missed.

Look for her to become a part of Global BC's team...

South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

And that's what both TV and radio in this city is in need of. Instead of the same bland crap day after day ad nauseum.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Any bets on who will replace Linda Steele?
    Someone currently at Global Edmonton?
    Do they lure someone from another city or network?
    Personally, I'd like to see Jennifer Martin anchoring a prime time newscast again.

Any bets on who will replace Linda Steele?
    Someone currently at Global Edmonton?
    Do they lure someone from another city or network?
    Personally, I'd like to see Jennifer Martin anchoring a prime time newscast again.
    It would be great if Jennifer Martin replaced her. One thing is for certain, the 11PM host, Christina Salvo, is NOT the person to do this. Someone on C2E pointed out how poor she was, but I never noticed until their post. She is horrible! She misspeaks during every news ITEM reported and constantly stumbles!

I've seen Global news maybe two or three times in the past ten years. Who was that female newsreader with the big shoulders and small glinty eyes? A bit imposing to look at, but a fairly reliable reader IIRC. Maybe she should come back.

You want a stumbler, look no further than Sonia Sunger on weekends at CTV. Almost guaranteed to fluff her lines within two sentences from the start.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    I've seen Global news maybe two or three times in the past ten years. Who was that female newsreader with the big shoulders and small glinty eyes? A bit imposing to look at, but a fairly reliable reader IIRC. Maybe she should come back.
    You must be talking about J'Lyn Nye. She is now the morning host for Joe FM.

Maybe Global will have no replacement and have Gord Steinke go solo? With the impending ownership of Global by Shaw, having one news anchor will be a cost-cutting move.

Then again with the impending ownership of Shaw, Jackie Greenly can make a switch to Global News. Hot!!!

http://start.shaw.ca/Start/enCA/Loca...ne+Greenly.htm

Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    You must be talking about J'Lyn Nye. She is now the morning host for Joe FM.

Maybe Global will have no replacement and have Gord Steinke go solo? With the impending ownership of Global by Shaw, having one news anchor will be a cost-cutting move.

Then again with the impending ownership of Shaw, Jackie Greenly can make a switch to Global News. Hot!!!

http://start.shaw.ca/Start/enCA/Loca...ne+Greenly.htm
    Jackie is a friend of mine and indeed very attractive, but more importantly, she has amazing skill and would be great at Global. Good suggestion!

"Hot!!!", "very attractive" . . . hmmm, maybe I should take a butchers at Global again soon.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The new Global news set looks good, so much clearer and better in HD/widescreen . I wonder how long CTV will take to make the switch, I know I won't be watching it in crappy SD lol.

The new Global news set looks good, so much clearer and better in HD/widescreen . I wonder how long CTV will take to make the switch, I know I won't be watching it in crappy SD lol.
    I loathe the new set, I think it looks tacky.I hope CTV stays as they are ( jmho)

Why would anyone watch Global?
    Horrible newscasts, terrible broadcasting in general.

I agree 100%, no matter what TV I am looking at.Its still a horrible newscast

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I cannot stand Carrie Doll and Josh the weather guy, they are fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I much prefer Lynda and Nicola especially with their superior set and HD quality. Even the City TV news/breakfast show is in HD, why is CTV still in SD???

I cannot stand Carrie Doll and Josh the weather guy, they are fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I much prefer Lynda and Nicola especially with their superior set and HD quality. Even the City TV news/breakfast show is in HD, why is CTV still in SD???
    At least Josh is right, Nicola is usally very wrong.I cant stand all that giggling

Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    I agree 100%, no matter what TV I am looking at.Its still a horrible newscast
    Not just their newscasts but their entire daily lineup is just the absolute worst tv has to offer. Religion for most of the morning, some terrible reality shows, soap operas, and syndicated junk.

I get the time shift channels which are just the same channels played 2 hours earlier. Aside from local news, there's virtually no difference.

Now with Shaw wanting to charge overcharge fees on internet useage, i'm really quite unhappy with them now owning Global.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^^ Actually I have followed her forecasts quite closely as my father thinks she is always wrong too, but more often than not she is very accurate (plus she is much more visually appealing ).

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Lets see who is right this week:

Global Forecast:

Tues
    Mostly Sunny
    * -17°
    * -24°
    POP: 0 %

Wed
    Light Snow
    * -7°
    * -20°
    POP: 80 %

Thurs
    Light Snow
    * 2°
    * -4°
    POP: 80 %

Fri
    Chance Flurries
    * -1°
    * -8°
    POP: 60 %

Sat
    Chance Flurries
    * -4°
    * -9°
    POP: 20 %

Josh rules

Apart from Nicola looking like a bedroom fantasy (or mine anyway), Global's weather people are an abysmal lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 24karat View Post
    Josh rules
    I heard him on thr radio, he;'s been right more than wrong )

Thumbs up

Apart from Nicola looking like a bedroom fantasy (or mine anyway), Global's weather people are an abysmal lot.
    aww she's your fantasy, aim higher. ( joking ) they are an abysmal lot

Lets see who is right this week:

Global Forecast:

Tues
    Mostly Sunny
    * -17°
    * -24°
    POP: 0 %
    Graphic has changed to Wednesday prediction.
    Josh predicted a high of -19. Actual high was -19 so Josh was bang on and Global was off by two degrees.
    Last edited by 24karat; 23-11-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Correction

havent seen Carrie on ctv news for a while, she on mat leave again?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I hope so, she's not very good; I'd take Erin Isfeld over her in a heartbeat.

I guess the new set isn't going to improve the quality of news, which generally speaking is dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizen View Post
    I guess the new set isn't going to improve the quality of news, which generally speaking is dull.
    I like Globals new set - there are few better anywhere. The anchors need a "refresh" and with Linda going less than a year away - this provides a chance for Global to create a much more urban and news investigative team. They could clearly differentiate themselves.

I hope so, she's not very good; I'd take Erin Isfeld over her in a heartbeat.
    Same here, I really enjoy Erin

Quote Originally Posted by trick91 View Post
    havent seen Carrie on ctv news for a while, she on mat leave again?
    Yes, she had a baby daughter a couple of months ago.

Carrie is decent on the eyes, but her pollyanna-ish sweetness can make me gag sometimes.

Back to Global. I tuned into the Morning News show for the first time in a while. The format of the news has greatly improved. Only issues is that Mike Sobel is still a tool, and I don't care for the Daintre traffic chick either.

Default weather chick Nicola

Well after last nights performance of the weather I am sure Nicola has been puffing something good. Anyone notice her stupid out bursts of horrid laughter for no reason at all and jokes that make absolutely no sense at all. I Find it extremely annoying like get to the weather already.

Oh and now they switched the set around and she now sits to Gords left we won't have to notice him starring at her and completely forgetting where he is as he is gazing and gazing. He should keep his eyes above shoulder level.

For Wednesday:
    Josh predicted a high of -13
    Global predicted -7

Actual high was -12.
    Josh was out by one degree.
    Global missed it by six degrees.

Global, Schmobal. It turns my LCD television into LCD television, if you know what I mean.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

The new set isn't all that great, it's a little busy, visually speaking
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast