Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,012 of 1012

Thread: 124 St. Retail | Discussion

Hmmm, okay thanks. It came up on realtor.ca today for some reason, that's why I was curious. I really like this project and hope it goes ahead.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
    Hmmm, okay thanks. It came up on realtor.ca today for some reason, that's why I was curious. I really like this project and hope it goes ahead.
    we really liked it as well (although our end plans were quite different). we couldn’t quite make it work in the time frame ChrisD and company managed to but still wish them luck with it.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

^ Oh I didn't know you guys had your eyes on this property as well. Would you have incorporated the old structure as well? (not sure if that is mandated in the sale)
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoForMayor View Post
    ^ Oh I didn't know you guys had your eyes on this property as well. Would you have incorporated the old structure as well? (not sure if that is mandated in the sale)
    incorporating the old structure was both the challenge and the allure and was a requirement.

not always being successful is the nature of the beast i'm afraid - if you can put something together on one out of ten potential projects, that's a good ratio and about three times what some say you need to look at. we've made offers on the stovell block as well as a number of other potential projects that didn't come to fruition for one reason or another. some you say "that's life" and move on and others you regret for the rest of your career even though you still have no choice but to move on.

some of my favourite projects to this day never got past the conceptual/proposal phase, some publicly (i.e. the national portrait gallery) and some that will remain forever undisclosed except to those of us that worked on them.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

It would have been interesting to see what you could have done with the Stovell Block.

And an older one.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

97th needs a lot of $$$$ invested.

C2E Long Term Contributor
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I'd rather C2E than work!

This project is still a go. The sale closes the end of March. Lots of interest on this one and we are planning on breaking ground this spring.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    This project is still a go. The sale closes the end of March. Lots of interest on this one and we are planning on breaking ground this spring.
    Uhm...which project?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^Pretty sure he's referring to Substation 600, as he was asked for an update in post 999.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Uhm...which project?
    Ha, well both - Substation and 124 Westmount.

Thanks for the update, Chris! Very glad to hear that.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011