Thread: Why not give a try?

First One is Always Free

Default Why not give a try?

I can not think of any reason in my mind Edmonton will not bid for Expo 2017, though it is way way far away from now.

I am from China. As you know, the city of Shanghai is hosting the Expo 2010. It is so obvious what this great event could bring to Shanghai and China. Money, of course. Fame, second. Edmonton is a famous city, but there are still many people from every corners have never heard of her. That is a pity. Frankly, I do not know Edmonton before I decide to come to Canada. Therefore, hosting Expo 2017 will give this beautiful northern capital city money and fame. Why not give it a try?

Maybe you say, Edmonton can not take any more loss, Edmontonians have had it enough. I know Edmonton just lost her chance to host Universiade, but that does not mean Edmonton is not able to host a worldwide event.

Yes, Edmonton lost last time, but that does not mean we can not make it this time. She is able to make it, she has that chance to make it , she has prepared for it. Thus, whose fault if she missed it again?
    Change that we need...

C2E SME

Xshi3, I like your attitude. Even if Edmonton does not succeed at winning the Expo 2017 bid, it would help Edmonton develop its vision for the future. I think that it's important to take risks, especially ones that help us grow. Edmonton grew from events like Universiade back in 1983 and the World IAAF Championships in 2001. We'll grow even more if we host Expo 2017.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Xshi3, I like your attitude. Even if Edmonton does not succeed at winning the Expo 2017 bid, it would help Edmonton develop its vision for the future. I think that it's important to take risks, especially ones that help us grow. Edmonton grew from events like Universiade back in 1983 and the World IAAF Championships in 2001. We'll grow even more if we host Expo 2017.
    Thanks for your reply.

I am not that guy who does not do anything when you have a chance, no matter how slim the chance is. I mean, there is a chance beside you and it is a shame that you just let it slipped from your hands.

No matter what it takes, Edmonton should bid for it. Otherwise, I will feel shamed to be here...
    Change that we need...

C2E Continued Contributor

No risk = no reward

C2E Continued Contributor

Great attitude =)
    $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

Partially Addicted to C2E

I totally agree with you xshi3. When I first heard that Edmonton was bidding for Expo, I thought "oh no, here we go again...". But as time progresses and the ideas come forward, I think "what a great idea". Go for it, can't hurt if we try, will hurt if we don't.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Aaaaaamen.
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.