Thread: Selling Condo - Any Realtor Suggestions?

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Selling Condo - Any Realtor Suggestions?

Hi, I am selling my condo in a few weeks and would like to know if anyone recommends any good realtors I should contact. I have a few people in mind (Roy Almog, Randy Froelich, Darlene Strang, to name a few), but I would like to throw it out there to see what others suggest.

If anyone is looking for a condo in Westmount, PM me.

Regards,

C2E Long Term Contributor

chris - i have one in mind for you. We chat tomo.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I have one in mind as well.

I had a negative experience with Randy Froelich and would not recommend him to sell your condo. I used him as a realtor several years ago, and although he sold my condo in the end, I was less than impressed with his approach and professionalism.

If you list with him, I urge you to read all offers very carefully. He presented me a very low-ball offer on my place (45k less than sales price, 60k less than list price) and reading the offer it became apparent that the prospective buyer was a company in which Randy was the majority shareholder. He did disclose this in the offer (as I believe he was obligated to do), however I felt it to be very awkward and unprofessional that he presented me with such a ridiculous offer when he was supposed to be representing me as a seller (i.e. trying to find me the best price to sell for).

I am not sure if this is standard practice in the real estate world, but I would certainly hope not. I would definitely look at using other realtors to sell your place.

Strang, assuming dtown High rise
    Would you sell direct ???

I can't say enough about ciaran o'neil.

Myself and my family have used him for a few things.

C2E Long Term Contributor

If you're considering Darlene Strang, you may as well also look at Connie Kennedy. She's been selling condos since like the late 1960s.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Nathan Richards. Good friend of mine who is pretty easy going and laid back. Good at what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Strang, assuming dtown High rise
    Would you sell direct ???
    As in directly to a prospective buyer? Yes, if someone approached me before I listed absolutely.

Would you post some (generic, yes keep your privacy) details as there may be some interst within this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    If you're considering Darlene Strang, you may as well also look at Connie Kennedy. She's been selling condos since like the late 1960s.
    I'm pretty sure those two are a team now - at least that's the impression I got when searching their names (They're always linked).

Darlene is my agent - selling my condo in downtown.

Gord

My building is located at 10933 - 124 Street, constructed in 1998, 1036 sf, top floor west facing unit, 2 bdrm, 2 bath, 16 foot loft ceilings in living room, new laminate flooring throughout, new paint, new window coverings, insuite laundry, w/i pantry, A/C, large balcony, 1-titled u/g parking stall and storage locker. Great soundproofing and a good condo board.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

You're the second guy Top_Dawg's heard of who's bailing out of that building.

Somethin' wrong with it ?

^No, I am planning on purchasing a house within the next few months. I've been living there for over 3 years and previous to that my brother lived there for 2 years. The only main issue under review is that some of the balconies may need to be replaced / repaired. Otherwise it really is a good building.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 17-03-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Sheldon Johnston is a fantastic realtor.

Well, Darlene Strang got me an offer (which I've accepted) on my condo in just over 2 weeks. Pretty happy with her!

Gord

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Well, Darlene Strang got me an offer (which I've accepted) on my condo in just over 2 weeks. Pretty happy with her!

Gord
    Good on ya.
    If it's the same Darlene Strang she used to be my daughters kindergarten teacher.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Well, this is her site (complete with photo) so you'll know for sure:
    http://www.darlenestrang.ca/

Gord

Default I have one in mind as well

Lillian Howarth. http://homesbylil.ca/