Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Results 3,601 to 3,683 of 3683

Thread: "Must Try" Edmonton restaurants

I'd rather C2E than work!

The irony is if the owners on The Common ignored the blogger's negative review, no one would even know it existed. I never heard of Let's Eat Yeg until this incident went semi-viral last week.

It's also quite the backhand to all the Edmonton restaurants that existed before them. "Things weren't cool before WE came along. You should be thanking us for single handedly making the Edmonton food scene "cool"".

yeah, no ego there at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    The Common friends and owners all seem like douchey trust fund kids.
    Hipsters/Millenials/What-have-you-done-for-me-lately/Curly end moustache wearing douches. All the same pile of ****...oh well....they'll figure out soon how to do business the hard way....
    or when they fail, they'll have mommy and daddy rescue them like nothing happened.
    Parents shouldn’t help their kids?

Not when they're being obnoxious and entitled, no.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

There is fine dining or "must try" out there presumably. One wouldn't know it from this thread.
    this thread has kinda evolved from 'must try' to 'where did so-and-so go out for supper last night'
    Actually it’s mostly turned into you and Replacement being childish twats. And that’s being kind. I generally can’t stand some of IanO’s posts but I don’t need to post dozens and dozens of posts every week going after him when I can just keep my opinion to myself. You should both try it sometime. I’m not saying you can’t disagree with him but most of the time you’re just picking a fight. When you have something of value to contribute, go ahead, but really just try to grow up and stfu already. The rest of us really don’t care about your drama.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by ajs
    I find this particularly humorous since on other C2E board threads an argument for all the Downtown strum and drang is that visitors to Edmonton will of course want to enjoy our urban experience. Well, cities that are interested/invested in tourists have restaurants/nightclubs/night spots that know how to provide quality service. We are seriously lacking in this regard.
    I've long found this to be an Alberta-wide trend. Whether it's cultural, or due to a strong economy or what I don't know. But I'm generally surprised at how much better customer service is at food and drink establishments outside Alberta.

Definitely a strong economy. I noticed a sharp drop last decade in the service industry in terms of quality of service... It's so much easier to find a higher paying job elsewhere, then to rely on low wages and random tipping.

C2E Long Term Contributor

You don't really notice it until you travel to places where the service industry is more vital to the area. We went to Indianapolis, Portland and service was Japan like.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post

There is fine dining or "must try" out there presumably. One wouldn't know it from this thread.
    this thread has kinda evolved from 'must try' to 'where did so-and-so go out for supper last night'
    Actually it’s mostly turned into you and Replacement being childish twats. And that’s being kind. I generally can’t stand some of IanO’s posts but I don’t need to post dozens and dozens of posts every week going after him when I can just keep my opinion to myself. You should both try it sometime. I’m not saying you can’t disagree with him but most of the time you’re just picking a fight. When you have something of value to contribute, go ahead, but really just try to grow up and stfu already. The rest of us really don’t care about your drama.
    Anybody could think there was irony contained in this post. So good to hear nothing has changed and you are the same as always..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Service sector jobs here seem entitled. People expecting good tips, who show up for work more for the spending time with coworkers than actually serving the customers and being attentive to them. So that establishments often feel like mini social clubs and that by being a patron you are interrupting their social time. A few were even attired in the kind of dress one would expect for prom. Like overdressed for work in Ellerslie, Edmonton.

This dynamic is why I kind of avoid establishments like this. It was the case at Chop as well. A bunch of Ken and Barbies flirting with each other and paying more attention to that then clientele. Fortunately we got a waitress who seemed less involved in that and that was more attentive.

The interesting thing is that hiring on "looks" seems to be very much a thing in the Bar and Restaurant industry and yet is it really established this is what most customers want? I actually find that the rude service and lack of attentiveness is sometimes associated with those that think they are beautiful and gods gift to the world. They often seem a bit aloof or arrogant. I prefer friendly.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs
    I find this particularly humorous since on other C2E board threads an argument for all the Downtown strum and drang is that visitors to Edmonton will of course want to enjoy our urban experience. Well, cities that are interested/invested in tourists have restaurants/nightclubs/night spots that know how to provide quality service. We are seriously lacking in this regard.
    I've long found this to be an Alberta-wide trend. Whether it's cultural, or due to a strong economy or what I don't know. But I'm generally surprised at how much better customer service is at food and drink establishments outside Alberta.
    Agreed, can count on one hand how many times I've received poor service in the States, yet on the other hand - I don't really give a crap about the service. We choose places for the food and drink and as long as I get it in a timely manner - I'm ok with that....plus for whatever reason - when I'm with the wife - we always get good service...I find servers judge clients based on the first 3 seconds of interaction - if the customer gives off a bad vibe - than it's over. So we walk in with smiles and only good things happen....

Anecdotally, I feel as if I've received better service in Calgary restaurants/bars (perhaps a more competitive market?) but I'd agree that on the whole Alberta needs to improve it's service game.

My sense is that private distribution of legalized pot will (in the short term) mean a notable increase in tourist traffic to Alberta/Edmonton. The time for service improvements is nigh.

The interesting thing is that hiring on "looks" seems to be very much a thing in the Bar and Restaurant industry and yet is it really established this is what most customers want? I actually find that the rude service and lack of attentiveness is sometimes associated with those that think they are beautiful and gods gift to the world. They often seem a bit aloof or arrogant. I prefer friendly.
    You can have both. I've received excellent service from competent and attentive servers. And they were also very attractive!

Man do ever love The Hallway Cafe in City Hall. Fresh, flavourful, educational.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

The educational aspect of scoring drugs for desert or appetizer?

Assuming Top Dawg is away I can't resist.

Is that the special balsamic dressing or did somebody cut their finger shredding some veggies?

I'll behave now.

So what did Sonic Death Monkey do for lunch today?
    He went to Care-It Deli on 104 St downtown.
    Turkey chili was alright but not a hint of spicy at all.
    Vietnamese sammich was good although you can get better versions at actual Vietnamese eateries.
    Friendly staff.
    Very little indoor seating, which means this primarily caters to takeout.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Love CareIT. Viet or Cubano for me.
    www.decl.org

Cool.

Do they pull your pork like Subway ?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I noticed in the old Shoppers Drug Mart location yesterday 114th/Jasper, something called "Green Moustache" opening soon, anyone know what this is about?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

C2E SME

Checked out DOSC for some breakfast this morning. Had a chai latte and their "sober cat breakfast", which was a small omelette, thick cut bacon, chicken sausage, toast and marinated tomatoes. It was very good. The portions were pretty small, but for $10 that was to be expected, and the menu did say "mini omelette". Really nice presentation and the service was also good. Their market menu had a good mix of things to choose from. Including a $88, 9 oz, Japanese Wagyu rib eye. It was very tempting to have a $100 steak and eggs, but common sense prevailed.

I was there just before 9, so it started fairly quiet as the market was just getting going. By the time I left the cafe portion was filling up. It's such a huge space, but I think they've done a good job in dividing it up in to separate areas so it won't feel as empty if there's only a dozen or so people in the cafe. I left pretty impressed, the people behind this obviously know what they're doing and put a lot of thought in to it. Hopefully they make a go of it.

C2E Posting Power

Anyone been to the "Shoeless Joe's" out in the Park? Looking forward to trying it in a few weeks....

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^^I popped in last week just to take a walk around the space and liked what I saw. Definitely seems much more well-conceived than the Burg.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

^Getting great reviews from people I've talked to, particularly the brunch/market day menu, and the cocktails. I've had dinner there for soft opening, it need to be tweaked but had potential. The latte I had was great.
    www.decl.org

C2E Posting Power

Probably been discussed before but Pampa DT......uggghhhh.....nice place, but will never return. Not for ****** service or crappy food, but the bang-for-your-buck is nowhere close to resembling 52/head. Woman and I both got whored up thinking it was a nice place to be seen, but it was a ball cap and sneaker crowd, not even Hipster sneakers like the ones you'd find at The Common, but Army/Navy brand....lol. If they just put the dam meat on the buffet w/out the Guachos forking it on your plate, the price would probably drop by 25 bucks....basically ate 5 bucks worth of meat with a plate of salad, downed a bottle of wine and headed to the Tin Palace......

^Pampas is an overpriced cornholio type rip off joint that caters pretty specifically to the crowd that figures such over priced pretension of some sort is cool. You probably could have detected that walking in or well before sitting down. Even the concept and menu is stupid.

But hey, gauchos get to be greasy, leer at your significant other, and be annoying in general loitering around all the time. Do they hold out their hands for tips like some deluded Brazilian street person cleaning your windshield with dirty water?

The meat would ironically actually be better "resting" a bit on the buffet and maybe with something other than only salt used as flavoring..

What a place to easily avoid. Most of the cited food scene in DT Edmonton is pretentious crap.

Theres a couple places in Beaumont that are better..

Beaumont is growing into a classy small city. It’s nearly 20,000 population. I like the way they are keeping old French architecture in some of the new buildings. We eat there now and then. Saigon Taste is yummee.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Nice too see town council in Beaumont opening things up for more eateries.

Tokiwa for Tonkotsu and an Asahi today. Delicious. 30mins wait. Worth it.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Beaumont is growing into a classy small city. It’s nearly 20,000 population. I like the way they are keeping old French architecture in some of the new buildings. We eat there now and then. Saigon Taste is yummee.
    Beaumont rocks! Been here almost 10 years, sad I didn't move here earlier. Besides the obvious Chartier - well worth all the shackles they charge...Maina's Donair is also really really good.....one of the better ones out there....

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Huh? Not sure what that means? You've been to council and heard them say, "we're opening up things for more eateries?"

C2E Posting Power

Or are you just assuming that as the town grows - the natural progression of more "eateries" follows this progression?

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post

@ianoyeg

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/tonkotsu

Uh...OK.

Bon appetit.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

@ianoyeg

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/tonkotsu

Uh...OK.

Bon appetit.
    heh, I knew you'd comment on that if I didn't.

it looks like an intestinal autopsy tray of an omnivore. Or a pale of vomit, to be specific.

"Eat with your eyes" they say.

plus check out the website for this place. Its like soup Nazis. Must lineup for soup, when soup run out, no soup for you. If ask for takeout no soup for you. if not look hungry enough no soup for you. If not pronounce no soup for you.

Predictable that this would get popular.
    Last edited by Replacement; 04-09-2018 at 11:53 AM.

C2E SME

It's almost like tastes and preferences vary across cultures. Who'd have thunk it?

Some people like eating goat intestine soup. Ever try it?

hint, it smells like rancid ****.

Goat intestine stew is worse, just saying. if they tell you its goat intestine stew its something else.

one born every minute.

Anybody can do a bone broth and throw some random ingredients on top.

The black garlic pepper soup looks like something Union Carbide would make..

It's almost like these old gits just need to hear/read themselves [email protected] on something like we're all entitled to their opinions...

Pro Tip: Just Don't F---ing Go There!
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Good advice. But i'm not sure why anybody would take Dawg, or my comments on the must try thread too seriously. Its meant as sarcastic humor, which the Edmonton foodie scene fairly deserves depending on ones perspective.

i'm glad I'm a great cook and don't have to rely too much, or at all on this swill seen here in the thread.

ps you'll be an old git sometime muttering. Probably worse given you're a bit spudly already. Is that a tuber?
    Last edited by Replacement; 04-09-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Not worth my time.
    Last edited by IanO; 04-09-2018 at 07:13 PM.
    www.decl.org

Good advice. But i'm not sure why anybody would take Dawg, or my comments on the must try thread too seriously. Its meant as sarcastic humor, which the Edmonton foodie scene fairly deserves depending on ones perspective.

The other day Top_Dawg stumbled on CBC Newsworld.

They were documenting about the prevalent practice of deliberately mislabeling seafood both for grocery retail and for restaurant consumption.

After all, how would the average butt plugger know if he is eating halibut or filler.

Top_Dawg had to giggle because it reminded him of C2E's best restaurant review ever - Replacement's recount of being served some slimy jack when it was supposed to be walleye.

But hey why wouldn't they ?

The cornholio element will spend anything to shovel some gross thing into their yap if they are told it's the latest culinary fad somewhere.

And then tell everyone how great and awesome it is.

The other day Top_Dawg stumbled on CBC Newsworld.

They were documenting about the prevalent practice of deliberately mislabeling seafood both for grocery retail and for restaurant consumption.

After all, how would the average butt plugger know if he is eating halibut or filler.

Top_Dawg had to giggle because it reminded him of C2E's best restaurant review ever - Replacement's recount of being served some slimy jack when it was supposed to be walleye.

But hey why wouldn't they ?

The cornholio element will spend anything to shovel some gross thing into their yap if they are told it's the latest culinary fad somewhere.

And then tell everyone how great and awesome it is.
    Most foodies would be able to tell the difference fast. I picture ignorant losers going in with their graphic-T and backwards Oilers hat who might have a harder time telling the difference.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

God bless the foodies! The rest of you are ignorant losers. Let's plunder the seas in the name of foodies, they can taste the difference.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    Huh? Not sure what that means? You've been to council and heard them say, "we're opening up things for more eateries?"
    We did a Beaumont municipal satisfaction survey earlier this year. Maybe your household answered the survey, I don't know. A lot of respondents I spoke with were saying they wish more restaurants would come to town. That's what I'm basing my comment on. Residents, like the idea that Beaumont is known for its French flair.

My wife is Vietnamese and eats anything and everything. I seldom eat anything she cooks and vice versa. I’m not much for a big eyeball staring at me out of fish head soup. I could write an essay on this subject. I’ll just stick to my western style food, thank you very much. I’d rather have a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of coffee than pretty well any entre of hers. The smell alone is enough to drive me out to the yard or basement. No thanks.

I do enjoy a nice bowl of beef pho once in a while though, if that’s actually beef. lol
    Last edited by Drumbones; 07-09-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Faux pho is the worst!
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Buco in Epcor Tower. Delicious as usual.

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1038616570354839552
    @ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Popped into Kerala this afternoon. It's a tiny Indian place occupying a strip mall on the NE corner of 51 Ave and 111 St, formerly known as Savoy. There were several other tables occupied. I waited for about 10 minutes until the poor waitress finally came out and handed me a menu. Ordered an idli plate plus something from the juice bar called a body cleanser. Took just 10 minutes for my idlis and drink to arrive. Both were delicious! Bill came to about $15. Will be back again.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

And how long for the body cleanser to kick in ?

Kanu opening tonight. Really enjoyed something new/refreshing/different/healthy.

Butternut squash nachos
    Kelp noodles/ snap peas/
    Mushroom and veg burger/salad
    Chocolate/pineapple/pistachio

https://twitter.com/IanOyeg/status/1043694271558107139
    @ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

^That’s the most miniscule nacho plate I have ever seen. Haha can’t say that’s the most appetizing of food pics you have shown us. How was it?

Gawd awful looking stuff. lol

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    ^That’s the most miniscule nacho plate I have ever seen. Haha can’t say that’s the most appetizing of food pics you have shown us. How was it?
    Shared the nachos between us, was fine for an appy.

Nachos were delicious
    Mushroom burger good
    Noodles tasty, but pricey
    Dessert was ok, but dry.
    www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

My friend and I went dutch at the Red Robin yesterday out here in Clareview (fine dining ). It was pretty busy until they closed down at 6pm due to a broken pipe in the ladies bathroom.

Heh... my wife and I really like Red Robin. Took my sister there tonight for a birthday dinner. Wife likes the veggie burger there, and it's always a hit with sis, so everyone's happy when we go there.

I'm always happy with a good burger or fish 'n chips at a decent price, though once in a blue moon we'll splurge on something fancy.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I haven't tried the fish 'n chips yet, maybe that'll be next.

Grandin Fish and Chips on 109. Mm mm mm

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

This Edo "don't be a Ryan" commecial. My wife says she tried it once and she almost gaged.

My friend and I went dutch at the Red Robin yesterday out here in Clareview (fine dining ). It was pretty busy until they closed down at 6pm due to a broken pipe in the ladies bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumberland View Post
    Heh... my wife and I really like Red Robin. Took my sister there tonight for a birthday dinner. Wife likes the veggie burger there, and it's always a hit with sis, so everyone's happy when we go there.

I'm always happy with a good burger or fish 'n chips at a decent price, though once in a blue moon we'll splurge on something fancy.
    The downtown Red Robin is good, too, though it can be a bit loud at supper. Its nice you get bottomless fries or salad with your entree. And for anyone with a gluten problem, they have a dedicated fryer for their fries, so they're gluten free and you can get gluten free beef burgers and buns. If you have an allergy, they will give you an IPad with the menu tailored to your allergy, and they will take extra care in food prep in the kitchen. Good, consistent food overall

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Wow, I never new that. Good on them. I didn't know there was a downtown Red Robin. I just don't like the bar set up, right in the middle of everything. I kind wish it was like BP's or Alberts 66 at Londonderry. Apparently the Clareview location just about across the street from me will be doing renovations soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    The downtown Red Robin is good, too, though it can be a bit loud at supper. Its nice you get bottomless fries or salad with your entree. And for anyone with a gluten problem, they have a dedicated fryer for their fries, so they're gluten free and you can get gluten free beef burgers and buns. If you have an allergy, they will give you an IPad with the menu tailored to your allergy, and they will take extra care in food prep in the kitchen. Good, consistent food overall

Yeah, Top_Dawg will suggest the downtown Red Robin if his guest is in the mood for a burger.

Really good.

Lounge has a definite man-man love vibe though.

It's not totally overt.

Not like The Common.

But covert.

One of Top_Dawg's buddies told him a lot of Oliver's gay community hooks up there.

Top_Dawg didn't believe him.

So one Saturday around noon before going to 1st Round for breakfast brews Top_Dawg stopped into the Red Robin lounge.

A bunch of hung over looking dudes began trickling in.

All sitting at tables.

And before Top_Dawg left they were all paired off with other dudes.

The type that totally set off the four or five alarm gaydar if one bothered to look.

Guess Top_Dawg's buddy was right.

^ Wow, I never new that. Good on them. I didn't know there was a downtown Red Robin. I just don't like the bar set up, right in the middle of everything. I kind wish it was like BP's or Alberts 66 at Londonderry. Apparently the Clareview location just about across the street from me will be doing renovations soon.

Albert's 66.

Classic.

Best sh*t lounge ever.

Second only to Bonnie's Sports Lounge attached to the Albert's at Bonnie Doon Mall.

Slum times.

Wonton at Double Greeting is hard to beat.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ My taste buds are working overtime, looks good.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post

Yeah, Top_Dawg will suggest the downtown Red Robin if his guest is in the mood for a burger.

Really good.

Lounge has a definite man-man love vibe though.

It's not totally overt.

Not like The Common.

But covert.

One of Top_Dawg's buddies told him a lot of Oliver's gay community hooks up there.

Top_Dawg didn't believe him.

So one Saturday around noon before going to 1st Round for breakfast brews Top_Dawg stopped into the Red Robin lounge.

A bunch of hung over looking dudes began trickling in.

All sitting at tables.

And before Top_Dawg left they were all paired off with other dudes.

The type that totally set off the four or five alarm gaydar if one bothered to look.

Guess Top_Dawg's buddy was right.

Albert's 66.

Classic.

Best sh*t lounge ever.

Second only to Bonnie's Sports Lounge attached to the Albert's at Bonnie Doon Mall.

Slum times.
    My wife is on her way to Londonderry mall right now for Taco time, but I often go to Buds/66. I'd often take a $20 to spend on the slots and nurse a couple of beers for a Saturday afternoon once in awhile.

@ianoyeg

Double Greeting.

Holy f*ck.

What a blast from the past.

Talk about slumming it.

Only time Top_Dawg ever went there was at midnight when he was absolutely gooned and somebody he was with wanted to go for greasy Chinese.

And only because at that time of night you ran the risk of being caught in the crossfire between triads at any decent late night Chinese joint.

Triads? Lol, what a racist exaggeration.

@ianoyeg

Double Greeting.

Holy f*ck.

Talk about slumming it.

Only time Top_Dawg ever went there was at midnight when he was absolutely gooned and somebody he was with wanted to go for greasy Chinese.

And only because at that time of night you ran the risk of being caught in the crossfire between triads at any decent late night Chinese joint.

An ex of mine used to love that place. I always found that they used way too much oil in virtually every dish. The wonton and hot & sour soups were fantastic though.

My wife considers it one of the best

@ianoyeg

Double Greeting.

Holy f*ck.

Talk about slumming it.

A veritable bon vivant.

Went to the Rooster Cafe today. The room is spacious and cozy at the same time. Had a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon, which for $16 was quite good. Will be back.

www.decl.org

Finally tried Atlas Steak + Fish in the Grand Villa Casino of Ice District.
    Lobster Bisque was alright but had better.
    Tenderloin was exquisite. It comes with some baby potatoes in case accompaniment was an issue.
    Creme Brulee - best in town and the waitress' recommendation.
    Washed it all down with a decent pinot gris.
    Only gripe (apart from the pianist playing Smoke On The Water and other dad rock hits) was being charged $7 for bottled water that I barely touched - was taken off the bill.
    Somewhat pricey but worth it.

^$7 for a bottle of water? I’ll take tap thanks.
    Last edited by etownboarder; 06-10-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Why would a person order a 7buck bottle of water in Edmonton, which happens to have some of the best tap water found anywhere on the planet. Atlas is a nice place, and decent view if one happens to like Casinos but due to sharing space with a casino the noise and *ambiance* of the casino is right there. Not where I would choose to have a romantic dinner or anything like that. Worth it being subjective. This establishment is rarely busy and never was. The only wonder is how long before a rebrand and round 2 of a proprietor trying to make the space work. You'd think the location would be turning people away. But instead the prices do. Apparently its helpful to win at the casino before throwing it away at Atlas.

Also, for perspective this is running at 3.5stars in yelp despite being one of the pricier restaurants in the city. With a lot of 1,2 reviews and 5 star reviews. With some of those 5 stars coming from DT boosters. just saying. They have boosted reviews and still clocking mediocre rating for overpriced fare. I always pay more attention to the type of review that goes "I rarely make a review but was so moved by the bad experience that I'll make this one" There are a lot of those "restaurant fail" reviews in Yelp and elsewhere.

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/atlas-steak-...onton?start=20

I'f I'm betting, and going out dining in Edmonton often is, I'd say save your $ and not go here.

ps This chain restaurant website is a fail as well. Opens to a "Sunday Prime Rib" night at 29bucks. The fineprint is "Only available at our Burnaby location...haha. but Edmonton viewers get to see that splash, of what they can't have. don't even look at the prices.... btw the other world famous location is in Kamloops. A drive thru city if ever I saw one.
    Last edited by Replacement; 05-10-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Top_Dawg recalls his one time going to Match and laughing at how spectacularly mickey mouse it is.

Never mind Atlas.

Top_Dawg recalls his one time going to Match and laughing at how spectacularly mickey mouse it is.

Never mind Atlas.
    Remember all the hype about all dem food choices and great things at the new arena?

We got World famous (I'm being completely sarcastic) Atlas Steak and fish,(what an imaginative name) fresh in from middle of nowhere Burnaby, and Kamloops truck stop.(actually another casino) and Match, and 20buck Nicholson burgers and 12 buck mimimu priced bottled swill. Suitable for throwing at COE councillors that voted for the darned arena if they ever showed up take advantage of their free dates and tickets.

The funniest thing in the reviews is some yabbo saying the restaurant is just like vegas. Well, except food is incredibly CHEAP in Vegas casinos. They got everything but that I guess.

I'm still wondering what Match is trying to go for. Another inept chain. As long as the name seems new people will file in. Match is yet another place with self important hostesses knocking each over in the front saying mirror mirror on the wall who's the bimbo of them all..
    Last edited by Replacement; 05-10-2018 at 11:13 AM.

C2E Posting Power

Never mind Atlas.
    Remember all the hype about all dem food choices and great things at the new arena?

We got World famous (I'm being completely sarcastic) Atlas Steak and fish,(what an imaginative name) fresh in from middle of nowhere Burnaby, and Kamloops truck stop.(actually another casino) and Match, and 20buck Nicholson burgers and 12 buck mimimu priced bottled swill. Suitable for throwing at COE councillors that voted for the darned arena if they ever showed up take advantage of their free dates and tickets.

The funniest thing in the reviews is some yabbo saying the restaurant is just like vegas. Well, except food is incredibly CHEAP in Vegas casinos. They got everything but that I guess.

I'm still wondering what Match is trying to go for. Another inept chain. As long as the name seems new people will file in. Match is yet another place with self important hostesses knocking each over in the front saying mirror mirror on the wall who's the bimbo of them all..
    I guess you haven't been to Vegas in at least 20 years, cuz the food is NOT cheap in Vegas anymore - especially on the strip. Sure if you hit the outskirts and find local(s) only hangouts. SO whatever prices "Match or Atlas" have is certainly on par or even cheaper than Vegas. In fact, I'd go as far and say you've NEVER even been to Vegas......

As far as "bimbo hostesses" - I say bring 'em on - the hotter and sluttier the better......

Grand Villa Casino is basically a tiny Aria (literally looks like almost identical style), and Atlas is on par (price, decor, noise-wise) with the higher end restaurants in Aria. Speaking from experience being there about 3 years ago.

I haven't been to Atlas in over a year, but when we went it was great. Seafood tower, huge steak, a salad I can't recall the details of that was prepared tableside complete with fire, etc. If it's not your cup of tea, so be it. It doesn't have to be.

So, hardly Must Try as I never, as in never ever see even a single patron in it, nor server nor any human presence... what's with the Russian Tea Room on Jasper?

(Last Trip Adviser Review was six years ago)
    ... gobsmacked

^Is the place ever open? Anytime we're DT, increasingly infrequently, its always closed. Doesn't look like its been open in a long time.

The little neon sign says open. Maybe someone forgot to turn it off.

But, I mean this has been going on for years (and years and ...)
    ... gobsmacked

It's a front for the Russian Mafia

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Its a satellite office for the Russian SVR.

Or the new American Consulate.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637