Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Results 2,201 to 2,203 of 2203

Thread: Whyte Ave/Old Strathcona Retail Discussion

Both those are good suggestions (a little pricey though). Further east there's Blue Lamp books, The Bookseller. Wee Book Inn of course, and if you shop it often enough the Value Village has a couple of very good book sections - specifically non-fiction. There's a **** Coles at Bonnie Doon.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Well that just sucks. I do most of my book shopping at the Chapters on Whyte. Not sure where to go for new books in 2020. Downtown has a Coles at City Centre Mall that is content with being a poor man's Chapters while Audreys has turned half their shop into a children's store. Any suggestions, particularly in Old Strathcona?
    I'll use the same reply when you would comment about the demise of a bricks and mortar retailer or local radio and media......."Who does that anymore? Go on the internet!"

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    Well for new books I don't know but for older books I do like Alhambra books and isn't there the Edmonton book store next to the Timmies on Whyte?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    Both those are good suggestions (a little pricey though). Further east there's Blue Lamp books, The Bookseller. Wee Book Inn of course, and if you shop it often enough the Value Village has a couple of very good book sections - specifically non-fiction. There's a **** Coles at Bonnie Doon.
    Thank you for your help, gentlemen.
    Looks like I'll have more places to scour around.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223