Thread: Ask Danielle - Delay

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Default Ask Danielle - Delay

All,

Danielle Smith has scheduling conflicts which regrettably prevent here from continuing this week. However, she does what to continue and answer the questions from yesterday this week.

This will return June 29th for additional questions.

I apologize for the delay in messaging, but I wanted to ensure that all options were explored.

Thank you.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

That's too bad...I really should have posted something sooner. Thank you for the heads up.
    ----

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    All,

Danielle Smith has scheduling conflicts which regrettably prevent here from continuing this week. However, she does what to continue and answer the questions from yesterday this week.

This will return June 29th for additional questions.

I apologize for the delay in messaging, but I wanted to ensure that all options were explored.

Thank you.
    Was it something we said?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Usually they avoid questions AFTER they are elected.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

My apologies. There was a miscue in communication and timing between our offices.

It has nothing to do with avoidance.

New date to come soon.

This was over two weeks ago. Considering the site is called Connect 2 Edmonton, and Edmontonians in general feel like WA is a Calgary-centric party, I'd say this is an epic failure on Danielle Smith's part.

Bad optics, 'tis.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I'd rather C2E than work!

Top_Dawg's previous post to this thread pretty much summed it up.

'parently it got gobbled up somewhere in cyberworld.

Oh well.....

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The questions must have been too tough, guess she is used to questions from Southern Albertans

Do Southern Albertans question anything from the extreme right?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

^ Yes they do...

The question if it's to leftist, or "How can we make this more right?"
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I wrote a letter to the WA today, as quoted:

Hi Danielle,

I have no affiliation with Connect 2 Edmonton other than as a forum member and regular poster. I'm writing this hoping to get a response as to why you haven't been able to find the time to answer relevant, thoughtful questions from the Edmonton community as promised weeks ago?

As I'm sure you're aware, many Edmontonians feel that Wildrose Alliance is a "Calgary" party. We were excited to engage you in a Q&A format to see what you would bring to Edmonton, and showcase your will and desire to appeal to Edmonton and all communities outside of Calgary and the south.

I'm personally disappointed and feel somewhat snubbed by your inaction to fulfill your promise to answer the questions posed by our online community, and can say it doesn't help the image that your attention is devoted to our southern neighbor, and that voting for the Wildrose Alliance doesn't bode well for the growth and prosperity of Edmonton and our northern neighbors outside of the oilpatch.

I look forward to your quick response.

Thank you,
    I'll gladly post her/their reply.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

^ Well stated, and more than a fair assessment of the optics of the situation, I'd say.
    Strathcona City Separatist

I'm pleased with the timeliness of a response from her office. Quoted below, the response in it's entirety:

Thank you for contacting us directly with your concerns. First of all, let me apologize for any ill feelings that our actions may have caused you. May I assure you that the actions taken on our end concerning Connect 2 Edmonton and your questions in particular were in no way intended to be a snub of Edmonton, Edmontonians or yourself in particular?

I use the plural pronoun we, because I myself am also responsible for some of the issue here.

When we originally signed up to do the Connect 2 Edmonton forum, we were assured that 2-3 hours per day would be sufficient to address all of the questions that would come in. We took the questions on the first day and realized, after completing only half of the questions in the 2-3 hours and due to our upcoming AGM, this was going to be a task that we would have to get back to at another date.

We had another date set up with the folks at Connect 2 Edmonton and due to logistical and staffing changes on their end; they were not able to make the date work.

We have been in contact with them recently and they are trying to find a time that will work for both parties.

I know that Ms Smith would be happy to answer the questions you submitted through Connect 2 Edmonton and any others you may have directly. Please send them back to me at the e-mail below and I will personally ensure that she sees them and responds as quickly as she is able.

In the time since the AGM, she has spent at least half of her time in Edmonton, meeting citizens of the Capital and working very hard to ensure that the Wildrose Alliance is truly a party for all Albertans.

Again I apologize for any hard feelings that this situation has caused.

Sincerely,

Laura Feist
    Administrative Assistant
    Office of the Leader
    Wildrose Alliance
    ♦Phone 403-769-0999 e-mail [email protected] ♦web www.wildrosealliance.ca

ummm?
    We had another date set up with the folks at Connect 2 Edmonton and due to logistical and staffing changes on their end; they were not able to make the date work.
    Not to sure on how legit this part is...

^I meant to ask that to our mods, but forgot when I posted the email response.

A good question that, in hindsight, I should have asked during the Q&A, was "When will you move your party HQ to Edmonton", obviously to be close to government instead of their employers, I mean oilfield sponsors, I mean constituents.
    Last edited by Chmilz; 27-07-2010 at 05:42 PM.

C2E Super Addict

Dear Ms. Smith,

If the closure of the Edmonton City Centre Airport is a provincial issue because the province operates there, does that mean that the federal criminal code is a municipal issue because Edmonton Police Service enforces it? Do you think that because one level of government is a tenant of another or uses their services that jurisdiction is somehow shared?

Do you not see the dangerous precedent that you are setting here?

If you don't understand the difference between a municipal issue and a provincial one, how can we expect you to properly execute the duties of the office of Premier?

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    ummm?
    Not to sure on how legit this part is...
    1,000,000 % legit.

Timing has been an issue, and staffing...especially when that is usually me...was an issue with our alternate date...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

I'm certainly willing to help it doesn't have to be all you. Now smith has thrown egg in our face

Edmonton has heard plenty loudly enough from Danielle Smith. We hardly need anymore of her incredible ignorance - let the idea, her and the whole CalgaryRose Alliance sneak out the back door with their hidden agenda in tact for one more day, or week ....

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Now smith has thrown egg in our face
    I do not see any egg at all...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .