Thread: Kinnaird Photo Walk

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Default Kinnaird Photo Walk

Gotta love the long summer days in Edmonton and the evening strolls one can take. One of my favorite places to walk through is the last part of Jasper Ave east of 82nd Street just south of the Kinnaird Ravine. There are some beautiful views and an interesting collection of beautiful homes including some historic homes. At the very end of Jasper Ave is Kinnaird Park, a great place to take the kids or your dog for a romp.

Last edited by norwoodguy; 15-07-2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: typo
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

C2E Posting Power

awesome thanks!
    i love lamp

C2E Long Term Contributor

great shots, love that area.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Great photos. That is one of my favorite areas. Beautiful view of the river valley and the skyline.

Those really are great photos. As I look at them I find it hard to believe that this is Edmonton. That's what a great photo should do; make you feel proud of this city!

I love the third picture. They really need to start developing victorian revivalist styled houses.

First One is Always Free

Default Norwood - a really nice neighbourhood!

Norwoodguy - I too live in Norwood and I take the same walk a few times a week. It's a lovely saunter and near too home. I stop to admire the same homes (my favourite is the Georgian - love the severe facade and simple lines) and the views over the river.

Thanks!

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, it is great to share the experience and to see that people are enjoying it. The area is a hodge podge of homes, although over time a lot of the older ones are being sold and being replaced with new builds. There are some great homes as well facing the ravine that I didn't take pictures of but that is a charming street as well with the feel of a village. If I had the foresight many years ago to buy a house here before property values skyrocketed; well you know what they say about hindsight.

I often take walks from McCauley through the Boyle Street Area to Kinnaird Park and despite reservations some might have about the area it is NOT a scary place to be. It is a 20-30 minute walk for me and much of it is along Jasper Avenue with its lovely view.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyph22 View Post
    Norwoodguy - I too live in Norwood and I take the same walk a few times a week. It's a lovely saunter and near too home. I stop to admire the same homes (my favourite is the Georgian - love the severe facade and simple lines) and the views over the river.

Thanks!
    That one is sweet. The patina copper awning things over the windows is really striking. I have a friend over there who has a place that is apparently in endless reno phase. Gorgeous landing on the stairs though.

Partially Addicted to C2E

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, it is great to share the experience and to see that people are enjoying it. The area is a hodge podge of homes, although over time a lot of the older ones are being sold and being replaced with new builds. There are some great homes as well facing the ravine that I didn't take pictures of but that is a charming street as well with the feel of a village. If I had the foresight many years ago to buy a house here before property values skyrocketed; well you know what they say about hindsight.

I often take walks from McCauley through the Boyle Street Area to Kinnaird Park and despite reservations some might have about the area it is NOT a scary place to be. It is a 20-30 minute walk for me and much of it is along Jasper Avenue with its lovely view.
    Thank you so much for the photos, I use to live in the Boardwalk Centre for 18 years and my favourite walk was on Jasper Ave. to Kinniard Park and sit on the the second bench, actually before I moved I believe my initials mysteriously appeared on that bench. Anyhow it is a great park for relaxation and read a book.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

One of my favorite areas, keep driving east on Jasper and you'll get stuck in it...do anything to own a home there.

Thanks for the photos
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade View Post
    Thanks for the photos
    You're welcome.

It's always good to pretend to be a tourist in the city every once in a while.