Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: West LRT | Downtown to Lewis Estates | Discussion about other possible routes

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by K364 View Post
    After HUB the line splits and the westbound one continues underground angleing south - 87 ave on the west side is quite a bit south of the east side 87 ave. This also avoids the pedestrian bridge.
    It also goes downward so that a low bridge can be built.
    On the west side, it goes into a tunnel that emerges somewhere around the traffic circle.
    People don't freak out about LRT infrastructure in the river valley, do they? I thought it was considered "green". Was there much concern when the SE section was slated to go through Muttart and around the ski/fringe area? I don't know, I'm asking.
    That bridge is the most contentious issue of the line and heavily lobbied against for numerous reasons. Riverdale was, as always, particularly vocal.

C2E SME

Isnít anybody tired of buses that stop every two blocks between downtown and West Edmonton Mall?
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Isn’t anybody tired of buses that stop every two blocks between downtown and West Edmonton Mall?
    Express bus.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Isn’t anybody tired of buses that stop every two blocks between downtown and West Edmonton Mall?
    Don't worry. Before too long we'll have a train that does the same thing.

Express bus speeding past the streetcar we're building. Link

C2E SME

Here’s one from Minneapolis: https://youtu.be/U2dnphRl3F4
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Hereís one from Minneapolis: https://youtu.be/U2dnphRl3F4
    Boy those transit cars are noisy. I had to turn my sound down on my speakers.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E SME

I like the parkade at the station. This is something they should have at Century Park, Ellerslie, Clairview and Belvadere instead of a big field of parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    I like the parkade at the station. This is something they should have at Century Park, Ellerslie, Clairview and Belvadere instead of a big field of parking lot.
    For the low low price of what? 50k a spot!!

Not accurate. You forget that this is a COE project. Can't do a decent gold plated parking stall for under $170,000 plus 2% for artwork.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

How long would it take to collect enough revenue to pay for the 50k per stall?

A very long time. Especially since drivers want free parking to take transit or they will simply drive their Lexus's right to downtown.

Most ETS parking stalls are free and only a portion can be reserved for $50/month. With lot maintenance and all the unpaid stalls, costs are never, ever recovered. They are a hidden transit subsidy.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 01-03-2019 at 12:17 PM.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

C2E Long Term Contributor

Yup, great news!
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Super excited for this to go head.
    www.decl.org

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456