Thread: How do you thank someone's post?

First One is Always Free

Default How do you thank someone's post?

I've spend an endless amount of time trying to find this information but I give up. If a member posts something and you want to thank them--how do you do it? I've never encountered this feature before on any other site and so I am at a loss. Some Profiles have that icon on the bottom but not many it seems. Please help.

grish

you click a button on the right hand side of the post next to "quote" but that only works in the first post of the thread. afterwards–type "thank you"

First One is Always Free

I'm so sorry but I tried that just now and it doesn't work

I must be doing something wrong.....could you clarify this? And if someone's post is in the middle of a thread does that mean you are not able to thank them?

Can you only thank a post when it is the original Thread starter? And not at any other time?

C2E Continued Contributor

^^Bingo
    $2.00 $2.25 $2.50 $2.75 $2.85 $3.00 $3.20 $3.25

First One is Always Free

I did it!!

Thanks, I get it now.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I know this is an old thread, but can this functionality be re-enabled? What is the hold up, if not? Can we fund-raise for it?

I ask because it really enhanced the site by allowing the community to express approval of a particular post. It allows for some level of 'soft' moderation, which I think would help with civility.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAE View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but can this functionality be re-enabled? What is the hold up, if not? Can we fund-raise for it?

I ask because it really enhanced the site by allowing the community to express approval of a particular post. It allows for some level of 'soft' moderation, which I think would help with civility.
    ++

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

The "Thank you Hack" caused the upgrade to crash a couple of times. I'm looking to upgrade to v5.2 soon, and then I will enable the newest "hacks", including the thank you/thumbs up functionality.
    Ow

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The "Thank you Hack" caused the upgrade to crash a couple of times. I'm looking to upgrade to v5.2 soon, and then I will enable the newest "hacks", including the thank you/thumbs up functionality.
    That is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Thank You.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Thankyou!.

Any chance we can get the max PM count raised at some point?
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Does civilly matter any more?

Personal insults are rampant these days - at all levels. Find a politician or anyone for that matter that doesn't engage in it.

At a more technical level I was raised where swearing (incl. words like ****, fart and puke were ABSOLUTELY not allowed - EVER) but these days anything goes, and we know that people at the highest official levels "swear like sailors". So isn't all this expectation just antiquated thinking on being PC. Combinations of letters make words and for every swear word there's alternative letter combinations so why does it matter any more?

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Does civilly matter any more?

Personal insults are rampant these days - at all levels. Find a politician or anyone for that matter that doesn't engage in it.

At a more technical level I was raised where swearing (incl. words like ****, fart and puke were ABSOLUTELY not allowed - EVER) but these days anything goes, and we know that people at the highest official levels "swear like sailors". So isn't all this expectation just antiquated thinking on being PC. Combinations of letters make words and for every swear word there's alternative letter combinations so why does it matter any more?
    It may be your perception that civility has declined. In my social circle we are still very civil. There are still large swathes of society where civility is important.

A thank you function is about more than civility though, it is another way for users to contribute to the conversation, in a more passive way. I just gave civility as an example.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Any chance we can get the max PM count raised at some point?
    Yes.

How does now sound? As in now now. Oh wait, we just passed now. I guess I did it just then. So, now is then. Soon.

Yes, I couldn't sleep and watched Spaceballs again.
    Ow

^^ Like.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra