Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 3,901 to 3,905 of 3905

Thread: The All Inclusive Smart Phone War

Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    So how do you get back to the home screen with gestures?
    Small flick up from the bottom edge. I find easier than the home button as it requires less of a movement and works from anywhere on the bottom edge. Also if you're in landscape it works from whichever edge has become the bottom edge.
    I just got an X. OMG what an upgrade from a 5s. The face ID is truly fantastic - I never liked the touch thing (was inconsistent for me), but the face ID seems to work perfect every time.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I found TouchID worked very well except when my fingers were wet. That screwed it up every time. FaceID is definitely more convenient and works very well. The few times it fails are easily rectified by moving the phone and trying again.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

^I've noticed if you switch of "Require Attention for Face ID" under Face ID & Passcode settings, it makes Face ID work even better.

https://www.cultofmac.com/514173/spe...-id-attention/

Only thing I would like, is it would be nice if didn't have to swipe up.
    Last edited by moahunter; 06-12-2017 at 08:58 AM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

On my phones I've always turned the voice assistant, or at least the listening part, off. I have zero interest in having an always on microphone in my house or on my person.

(Virtually) No one should ever own an Echo or any other "voice assistant" product

If you buy one of those intrinsically insecure, always-on "smart speakers" from Google, Amazon, Apple or other players, you're installing a constantly listening presence in your home that by design listens to every word you say, and which is very likely to suffer at least one catastrophic breach that allows hackers (possibly low-level dum-dums like the ransomware creeps who took whole hospitals hostage this year, then asked for a mere $300 to give them back because they were such penny-ante grifters) to gain access to millions of these gadgets, along with machine-learning-trained models that will help them pluck blackmail material, credit card numbers, and humiliating disclosures out of the stream of speech they're capturing.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940