Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Raymond Block - 6 storeys - Mixed Use - Under Construction

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I'm not sure I like any of those floor plans. Especially the 2 bedroom.

C2E SME

It was mentioned in a meeting elsewhere that their smaller suites went like hot cakes and the bigger ones were going more slowly.

Drove by the building at night. Great addition. Design and lighting adds 'warmth' to the area - even with the empty bays, the effects had a nice feel to it ...helpful when we get the weather we're getting now.

C2E SME

I just hope the bays start filling though, Remedy seems to be the next one to be able to open but I haven't seen any other activity so far.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Well, Miniso has been papered up for a few weeks, so they’re likely doing work in there. Not sure what’s going on with the others.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E SME

^Although isn't there potential issues with Miniso at a corporate level?

C2E SME

So when I drove past this morning I could see that miniso appeared to have lots of stock on the shelves. Could they be opening soon?

Yeah, I’d say so as well. I walked by earlier and peeked in and it looks like they’re close to opening. When you drove past were the windows still papered, or did they remove that?
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E SME

They were still papered.

Drove past and Miniso is open! Today must be the first day, as it was still papered yesterday.

C2E SME

Great to hear. Hopefully Remedy opens soon. I wonder when the other announced tenants will begin fit up on their respective bays.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Remedy will be opening any day now.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E SME

Taken on February 14, 2019

20190214_102021
    by Paul Smolik, on Flickr

20190214_102030
    by Paul Smolik, on Flickr

I really like the sign for Remedy. I haven't looked the past few days but if it's not there yet, I hope that Miniso gets their sign up soon. I look forward to the summer and what kind of sidewalk presence the food vendors will have in this building.

What is with the small door entree though?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    What is with the small door entree though?

Expecting giants?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

I like the size of the door, in keeping with the scale of the building’s neighbors.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Has it been reported that Miniso is now open? Either way... It’s open.
    Last edited by etownboarder; 28-02-2019 at 12:20 AM.

C2E SME

The sign is also up too for miniso.

Looks like Remedy is close to opening too.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

C2E SME

As I passed by today I noticed that the space directly next to 7-11 to the east which will be Blaze Pizza is now getting fitted up. They have already started framing in the kitchen enclosure of where the sales counter will be going.

Looking forward to Blaze!

C2E SME

I hope Five Guys will get fitted up soon. Would be nice to have a majority of the units open by summer time.

Agreed!

Its funny looking back when many complained of 7-11 being there as the first tennant. It appears the corporate invasion took over the whole establishment. It's very unfortunate there is no indy shop.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Well, even though they have multiple locations around the city, I'd say Remedy is still an indy shop. Also, the pot shop sounds like it'll be an indy shop (I don't think it's part of a chain, but I could be wrong).

I wasn't interested in Blaze Pizza coming in since Famoso is on the same block, but it's a different type of pizza place. It reminds me a lot of Subway, but for pizzas (pretty similar to Love Pizza downtown).

I don't have a problem with Raymond Block being mostly chains; I assume the rents are high in the building, and there are enough unused retail spaces along Whyte for independent stores to open.

Miniso? I thought i read news they were bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by nosepass2 View Post
    Miniso? I thought i read news they were bankrupt?
    For what it's worth:

"Chinese parent company for Miniso Canada has brought on an application to initiate bankruptcy for the Canadian division as they reportedly owe over $20 million dollars....Miniso Canada and Miniso China have reached a preliminary agreement to settle their issues, Miniso Canada revealed on social media. Miniso Canada will continue to sell their products in Canada."

Source:https://www.narcity.com/news/miniso-...illion-in-debt

Anyone know what's going in the commercial bay in between Miniso and Remedy? There is some sort of construction company's signage in the window (which is papered off) and the for lease sign is gone.

My pics, from Saturday, May 25, 2019:

I feel it's about one storey too high (alternatively the top floor could have been set back), but there's a unique canyon feel with Metterra across the street especially when driving over from the West.

That aside, this building helps that corner so much and Whyte ave in general: other than the former cibc parking lot and the fat franks parking lot, we have a nearly contiguous stretch of buildings between 105th Street and Gateway.

I was at Five Guys in SEC today, and I asked when the Whyte location was opening. I think he said June 4th or 5th, so let’s just say the first week in June.

GlassRanger, I believe it’s a pot shop. That building was in a dead zone not covered by parks, schools, playgrounds, or other pot shops already with licenses.

Between Miniso and Remedy is a new restaurant called LAN Noodle House. Owned by the Cacao 70 owners, it will be modeled after a noodle house in Ottawa (see youtube vid below), and the noodles will be hand made in the front window. A great addition to Whyte Avenue! The developer apparently received 18 offers on this space and held out for a unique use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv2z3Rr3-8k

Can't wait!

C2E SME

^^I'd be sorta curios what other businesses wanted in.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910