Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 1932

Thread: City Centre Mall | Renovation | Under Construction

C2E Long Term Contributor

^^ There's a sign that Thai Express are renovating. There's always massive lineup there during the noon hour so I can't see them pulling out.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    Shoppers will be a nice addition to that corner.

Also noticed Thai Express is closed and horded up in Food Fare already.
    Most Shoppers have a grocery section. Ours is open to 11pm and competition to Dollarama next door. Its hard to say if a grocery section in a mall is different then a Shoppers stand alone.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Shoppers will be a nice addition to that corner.

Also noticed Thai Express is closed and horded up in Food Fare already.
    Shoppers and actual SHOPPERS...

Infiniti Leather is moving next to EBX. Tip Top Tailors is already closed so that might make a space for a larger retailer.

Papyrus is now closed and probably will open any day on west side.

My guess is The Source will move next to Rogers on west side, lower level. I could be wrong but looks like a fit.
    Last edited by GreenSPACE; 23-05-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: grammar
    www.decl.org

CELLTech cellphone shop is now open, so that corridor to Sutton is much narrower now!
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Papyrus has now re-opened next to Body Shop.
    Only shops left on lower east are Shoppers (moves upstairs next March) and The Source (end of June, 2nd floor-ish?). Other than that, it is mostly yellow hoarding wall now.

Stopped by the The Source, asked them about their impending move. Sales guy with accent said they are closing for 2 weeks in July then reopening next to or near Michael Hill end of July (I didn't quite understand him). Not sure if he meant the former Eddie Bauer space (which I thought was going to be part of a 2-floor Shoppers Drug Mart) or the former Tip Top space, I think the latter.

The hoarding has been removed from the west escalators that lead down to the new Dollarama that's coming in the fall.

Oversized hoarding is up at the BCBG Max Azria space, bottlenecking the pedestrian traffic from Manulife. Empty bays at other malls have much smaller hoarding, so why are the ones in this mall always bigger than necessary?
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 14-06-2017 at 07:41 PM.

I am still trying to figure out what significance the tidbit about the sales clerk speaking with an accent might possibly be trying to convey.

deleted. duplicate.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    I am still trying to figure out what significance the tidbit about the sales clerk speaking with an accent might possibly be trying to convey.
    It's the reason SDM forum cop couldn't quite understand him, because he had an accent? Sounds like you are again trying to read too much into something.

At first I was curious why he pointed out the accent, but when he said he didn't quite understand because of the accent, my curiosity was satisfied. Nothing nefarious, just inconvenient sentence structure failing to quantify the need for that info until later.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Top_Dawg figgered it was only another indication that the engineering companies laid off all their Ali Babas and now they are either working retail or driving cab.

The Source is opening in the former Infiniti Leather space - hoarding walls has signage indicating as such. So not exactly next to nor across from Michael Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    The Source is opening in the former Infiniti Leather space - hoarding walls has signage indicating as such.

Good to see. It is always a good source for certain things.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Only if you're a luddite who shirks online shopping & feels somehow obligated to pay more than you have to.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Only if you're a luddite who shirks online shopping & feels somehow obligated to pay more than you have to.
    Some of us don't spend all our time on the internet in our mom's basement.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Are you implying I do?
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Are you implying I do?
    Point is its handy to have a Radio Shack because if carries some items you can't find elsewhere in a bricks and mortar store. Frankly over the years I have bought many things there. I also like Memory Express ... again bricks and mortar.

Except The Source doesn't carry everything that Radio Shack did & their current crop of products is utterly generic & completely fungible electronics available elsewhere for less, both online & in other brick & mortar stores.

Except The Source doesn't carry everything that Radio Shack did & their current crop of products is utterly generic & completely fungible electronics available elsewhere for less, both online & in other brick & mortar stores.
    I agree that The Source isn't the best store in terms of pricing or selection.

However, I do see a value of having a brick & mortar electronics store in that area, for people that prefers to shop offline, and for those who think the Best Buy on 109 St is too far away.

The Source has some good clearance deals once in a while. And their $25 off $100 promotion for e-mail sign-up is a decent money-saver, especially for items that aren't usually on sale anywhere.

The Source is not my first destination for electronics, but as a downtown office worker I find it handy having a store like Source close by in case I need to grab something for work at short notice.

Bingo.
    www.decl.org

Society has reopened in the BCBG Max Azria space, so no more hoarding bottleneck! But I think this is about the 3rd time Society has opened in this mall, if not for the permanent signage I would think they are just a popup store. Hope they stay put for a while.

^Yeah, didn't they use to be on the basement level a few years back? With Talbot's around the corner, I think City Centre West is good for momwear for a while.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Rogers has reopened on the west main level (was on 2nd floor), and looks like a Fido store is going to open next to it (presumably replacing the kiosk).
    BTW does anyone think the mall has enough cellphone shops now?

Rogers has reopened on the west main level (was on 2nd floor), and looks like a Fido store is going to open next to it (presumably replacing the kiosk).
    BTW does anyone think the mall has enough cellphone shops now?
    You would think so, but when you look at how much money people spend on cell phones and cell plans, it just keeps going up and up and up. Even teens are spending around $1000/yr easily. So in terms of revenue generating brick & mortar, cell phones stores are certainly at the top.

234866621-004
    12-Jul-2017
    148, 1 - EDMONTON CITY CENTRE NW
    Plan 1194TR Lot A
    10025 - 102 STREET NW
    Plan NB Blk 1 Lots 73-74

To construct interior alterations to and existing retail space for Shopper's Drug Mart. Scope of work includes two new elevators, new bf washrooms and access ramps and convenience stairs.

TAFF ARCHITECTURE, CHANTELLE

Yesterday I noticed they rebuilt the hoarding for the former Urban space so that it's not so obstructive for foot traffic.
    Any updates on H&M moving into there? Are they still waiting for ATB to pull out of the space below?

C2E SME

Looks like the West Parkade in the basement is open. I was told that Dollarama will be on the South Side of the basement escalators (West Side).
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

^ Is that in the old Rickies location?

C2E SME

I think so.

Makes sense and its just off the escalator as well.

The Source is now open on the 2nd floor in the former Infiniti Leather space. Their new digs doesn't look very big but it's a much better layout than their usual dungeon-like shops.

The Source is a life saver for last minute gifts especially around Christmas. It's either that or beef jerky for stocker stuffings from 7-11.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

The Source is now open on the 2nd floor in the former Infiniti Leather space. Their new digs doesn't look very big but it's a much better layout than their usual dungeon-like shops.

Marlin Travel, which is next to the Manulife pedway, is currently moving to Government Centre (address is 108 St and 99 Ave). Wonder if this means there's something percolating with the former Danier space?

^Yes there is. Things still being shuffled around.
    Last edited by GreenSPACE; 09-08-2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: grammar

C2E Continued Contributor

Was depressing how dead this mall was Thursday at 6 before the Lady Gaga concert.

^Beautiful weather, everyone was outside on a patio. 104 Street, Jasper, RHW were all packed. Super great to see.
    www.decl.org

GREEN, any word on H&M coming to the mall? Are they still waiting for ATB Financial to move out of their current space?

^Still in negotiations from what I hear.
    www.decl.org

No, no, no... that'd be horrible. If my wife ever found out there was an H&M a short bus ride away we'd be screwed.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Marlin Travel, which is next to the Manulife pedway, is currently moving to Government Centre (address is 108 St and 99 Ave). Wonder if this means there's something percolating with the former Danier space?
    ^Yes there is. Things still being shuffled around.
    Something must be happening with this space, I noticed this afternoon that the hoarding around it has recently been enlarged to the extent that the width of the passageway to the Manulife pedway has shrunk significantly. I'm pretty sure the hoarding was much smaller last week.

Anyone knows what's up with Thai Express in the food court? It's been closed for months for "maintenance". Not sure what kind of maintenance the place needs considering the food court just opened there last year.

^ It is weird because Thai Express is always one of the busiest places in the food court. There must be something else happening, such as a dispute with Oxford or with city bureaucrats.

^^ I walked by the Danier space a few minutes ago and heard some construction noises inside it.

The INS smoke shop next to Second Cup has been closed for a while now. I heard someone say that it's been abandoned.

^^Yes, a tenant is moving.

^That's weird.
    www.decl.org

^ Do you know which tenant is moving to the Danier space? I'm guessing it is ATB vacating their space for H&M, although that will put them right next door to Servus. I asked the online Guest Services but they had no info.

^That's the rumour.
    www.decl.org

^^Yes, a tenant is moving.

^That's weird.
    There was legal letters posted outside of the INS place saying that the they terminated the ownership or something like that.

Due to an unspecified "emergency situation", we were just abruptly evacuated from the City Centre Mall movie theatre (we had JUST reached the end of the film, so that much is lucky!). When we emerged onto the street, there was a fire truck and a boatload of cop cars. Anybody know what might have happened? We can't seem to find anything about it either on Twitter or in the local media.
    “It’s so beautiful. What sort of bird is that?”

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic Pragmatist View Post
    Due to an unspecified "emergency situation", we were just abruptly evacuated from the City Centre Mall movie theatre (we had JUST reached the end of the film, so that much is lucky!). When we emerged onto the street, there was a fire truck and a boatload of cop cars. Anybody know what might have happened? We can't seem to find anything about it either on Twitter or in the local media.
    Electrical fire in city centre east basement

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...d-office-tower

An electrical fire in the basement has forced the evacuation of the City Centre Mall East on Thursday evening.

The mall, the office tower attached and the Sutton Place Hotel were all evacuated after the call came in at 6:56 p.m., said Claire Harvey, speaking on behalf of Edmonton Fire Rescue Services.
    As of 8:30 p.m., the fire was not under control and crews were actively fighting the fire and ventilating the building.

Catherine Griwkowsky is tweeting updates: https://twitter.com/CGriwkowsky

Fire is under control as of 8:53pm: https://twitter.com/CGriwkowsky/stat...19850532524036

C2E SME

At least the fire didn't happen during working hours.

I'd like to see this mall become a place I'd like to shop again. I used to have a lot of fun coming here during breaks at the U of A when I was in school, but now I've almost never seen a reason to go. It's something I might hit once a year, at-best. There's just too many better options that are almost as easily-reached.

A lot of the places I used to like to visit are either closed or altered- the EB, HMV, etc. My friend used to work at the Gap that was there, so even THAT has lost its nostalgic surge for me. I hope all the renovations and stuff make it look like a DESTINATION, again.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    At least the fire didn't happen during working hours.
    Everything seems back to normal from what I saw this morning.

...Mostly. The very far east end (i.e. CBC, Winners, World Health, etc) remains shut down as of five minutes ago. They still have air filters working hard to abate the odor from the fire.

Ah, so an electrical fire. That explains the TD tower lights flickering on and off like some 1970's disco last night.

*sigh* and why no local CBC this morning.
    ... gobsmacked

Sounds like some shops will continue to be closed because of the fire

https://www.facebook.com/worldhealthYEG/

World Health Edmonton
    UPDATE: Our City Centre location will remained closed on Monday Aug 28th as they continue to replace and repair electrical transformers that were damaged in Edmonton City Centre's fire on Thursday evening. We apologize to our members for this prolonged inconvenience. All members are invited to head to our nearby Jasper Ave location during this closure. Please stayed tuned for more updates. Thank you

International has opened in the former Tip Top space. It's a clothing store but I don't know if they are the same as (or affiliated with) International Clothiers or this is another entity.

Something large coming next to Press'd. Can't say too much more for now.
    www.decl.org

^ You're such a tease. I'm guessing it's a major restaurant.
    World Health Club reopens tomorrow at 10 AM. Winners has also been closed all this time because of electrical transformer damage from last week's fire so I presume they too will be back in business.

Job No 173596131-071
    Description: To construct interior alterations to a Specialty Food Services Use (increase Public Space from 61.3m2 to 239m2)(City Centre Mall)
    Plan 1194TR Lot B
    148, 1 - EDMONTON CITY CENTRE NW
    Plan 1194TR Lot A
    Applicant: STANTEC
    Create Date: 8/29/2017 4:07:24 PM

International has opened in the former Tip Top space. It's a clothing store but I don't know if they are the same as (or affiliated with) International Clothiers or this is another entity.
    They told me that they are in fact International Clothiers, they are just starting to drop the Clothiers from the name. But they aren't listed on their website.

Looks like Curated is opening a popup for all of October. I'm guessing this is the reason for all the work activity in the Danier space, assuming that's where it is going to be.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYmDR9EhMYI/

http://www.bycurated.com/

Isn't that Olly Fresco's? I know they are moving into CC...they will be a great addition I can tell you that.

^ Moving? Or a 2nd downtown location? They opened in the Alberta Health building on 107 St a short while ago.

^ Their website suggests that it'll be a second location. (I'm delighted!)

Great addition indeed.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

I like it. It's something like the Sunterra in Commerce Place.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Isn't that Olly Fresco's? I know they are moving into CC...they will be a great addition I can tell you that.
    I agree - that is going to be a great option for take away for lunch and on the way home.

I also like that it's an Alberta-based chain!

New signage on the hoarding for 2nd floor Shoppers stating a spring 2018 opening.

^^Olly Fresco's taking 6000 sq. ft. It will be massive.
    www.decl.org

Forgot to mention yesterday, Thai Express looks ready to reopen any day now

Forgot to mention yesterday, Thai Express looks ready to reopen any day now
    Yes, it's open today!

I noticed earlier today that Society is having a relocation sale. Haven't these guys relocated about 3 or 4 times within the mall already? I would hate to see the former Gap space sit empty yet again.

The move took place earlier today! Removing the kiosk makes for a much better flow of traffic on the pedway level.

I was in the food court when I saw Olympia (the lady who manages the mall) showing some business people around. I presume prospective tenants.

I had Thai Express today. Nice to finally see them reopen after so long. Lineup was crazy long as usual. Their cashier system was down so they were writing orders on paper. The staff looked totally brand new. I'm disappointed that the little cook with the high-pitched squeaky voice who was there for so many years was not there. Listening to him call out completed orders always made me chuckle because he sounded like a Monty Python character!
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 19-09-2017 at 09:36 PM.

www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Retail thread.

^Huh?
    www.decl.org

^Huh?
    Huh what? There is a section for retail news. This thread is for construction and nothing is under construction is there? Your defence of anything IanO says makes me think you are a Pom Pom girl.

No sir. This thread is for ECC Mall discussion.
    www.decl.org

Why you being thread police? The toxic nature of this place is just getting worse and worse.

I noticed earlier today that Society is having a relocation sale. Haven't these guys relocated about 3 or 4 times within the mall already? I would hate to see the former Gap space sit empty yet again.
    Looks like they're packing up. No indication where they are going.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Why you being thread police? The toxic nature of this place is just getting worse and worse.
    Is that you Magnoblade/Legion?
    Edmonton is a very exciting place to be right now.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    ^tis for sure.
    Can't wait for his first meltdown.

I wonder how long it will take for this account to be banned?
    Edmonton is a very exciting place to be right now.

I've reported it to admin, If you look at the short posting history, he's basically said the same thing in all 8 posts.

So you reported me for stating a fact ok then.

Looks like they're packing up. No indication where they are going.
    I should know this but what was Society? Clothing for ??

^ Women's clothing

They removed the hoarding around Shoppers and it looks good.

^ The corner interaction looks great alone.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

https://twitter.com/Daveography/stat...11137321623552

Dave Sutherland‏ @Daveography

Hoarding is down on the new @ECCMALL @ShopprsDrugMart, giving a better look of the entrance! https://edmonton.skyrisecities.com/f...3#post-1261621 … #yeg #yegdt

^ Pretty!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast