Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,900 of 3969

Thread: Air Service Development, Routes, and carrier conversations

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
    Who would go to Jasper and on to Banff and back to Edmonton if you could fly on this?

I am in.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    I didn't say anything about building a new railroad. The statement said, "IF...." meaning that if tracks were there already. The point I was making was to give the tour a bit more dimensions than just Jasper. Tour buses will work as well. When one assume that a person want a train track built for this, he/she must be ludicrous in thinkings to postulate I would be in favor of spending billions on rails so we can , potential, gain millions in return? Give your head a shake!
    What's ludicrous is "postulating" on some grand Alberta tour without doing even the most basic research on whether there is a rail line between Jasper and Banff, which would have taken all of 30 seconds. Or the slightest shred of common sense. What reason would there have been to build a railway between the 2 back in the heyday of railroads?

All I did was threw in something of my head and suggested something more than Jasper is more beneficial. Certainly ideas could he added to that.. it was not meant as a concrete solution but a concept to launch for conversation. I m not here to declare a solution otherwise I would have done research.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Wasn't sure where to post this.

Seattle is doing a pilot program which will allow people to travel through to the secure side of the airport, even if they aren't flying (through security of course).

https://www.portseattle.org/page/sea...r-pass-program

Pittsburgh was the first to bring this option back as far as i can tell.

http://www.flypittsburgh.com/mypitpass

As someone who enjoys going to the airport I think this would be a great option to join someone for a meal on the secure side of the terminal and would result in more revenue for the airport and it's vendors you would think (parking, food, shopping). I guess what i am saying is if anyone from YEG is reading this, it might be something to explore. It's another benefit that could be used to help win business. Here are a couple scenarios.

1. My dad is flying for work from Kelowna to Ottawa with a connection in Edmonton. His layover is sufficiently long enough to meet up for a bite to eat on the secure side, but probably too risky (and a hassle) time wise to leave security, eat, and then go through that process again. If i was able to be on the secure side waiting for him when he lands it would guarantee a much more pleasant visit right up until he boards the next flight.

2. Johnny lives in Red Deer and often decides between flying out of the Edmonton or Calgary airport for his flights to Toronto where he attends U of T. Johnny's parents typically drive to either city and drop him off at the airport. Being a similar distance but having more frequencies they more often use Calgary but Johnny's dad learnt about the ability for non-ticketed individuals to cross through to the secure side and decided they should use Edmonton this time so they can get through security with plenty of time and have a nice family meal before Johnny heads back to school for the semester.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Something you would support in Edmonton? I realize my examples were quite long winded but i really wanted to set the scene.

rather not. There's enough of a line getting through security as it is.

It’s a good idea and that’s the reason airports are starting to do it. You wouldn’t have to do much of an inspection on people not flying. Maybe a separate quick lane for them. My wife has flown to Vietnam twice in the last month and Sonny Boy and I have to say our goodbyes before security and I was thinking about that too. It would be nice to go to the other side for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    It’s a good idea and that’s the reason airports are starting to do it. You wouldn’t have to do much of an inspection on people not flying. Maybe a separate quick lane for them. My wife has flown to Vietnam twice in the last month and Sonny Boy and I have to say our goodbyes before security and I was thinking about that too. It would be nice to go to the other side for sure.
    I am opposed unless these people pay a separate Airport Security fee. I am not going to be quiet about subsiding a large family of nonflyers - and having resources redirected or fees go up even more. Nothing wrong with family seeing guests off pre-security .... it works now, is efficient and cost neutral.

They are already paying for parking in the parkade. It’s just for people that have friends and family though so you guys are exempt. lol

I have a feeling that if extra staff we’re required at the security checkpoint because so many people were using this option then the extra revenue generated could easily pay for additional staff and equipment.

As mentioned above these passengers would be much easier to scan having no luggage.

So non travellers are sitting in chairs at the gate .... give me a break. I will be protesting LOUDLY to prevent such a ******* stupid idea.

It would likely be if the businesses behind security were complaining of lack of customers and threatening to break their leases that would affect any such decision. Not us. I was just saying for myself it would be good but ya, not likely.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 10-11-2018 at 03:01 PM.

meh, you guys will be sitting enough once you board... <ducks>
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Given that airports are more and more trying to achieve/regain their "destination" status, I'm not against the return of post security access. They would just need to use a separate lane, pay for the use (maybe with a discount/refund if they purchased something airside), and understand that they are under tighter control … or this'll become a Charlie Foxtrot.

I'm sure the airside businesses would love the boost.

...and before people begin complaining about "rights" and "fairness"...this is a privilege and a luxury. The logistical headaches this would cause, not to mention increased cleaning, replenishment, and seating, definitely justifies the surcharge.
    President and CEO - Edmonton Airshow. Soon to rebrand to something global.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    So non travellers are sitting in chairs at the gate .... give me a break. I will be protesting LOUDLY to prevent such a ******* stupid idea.

this...

To allow this access would mean some large capital investment in seating and the like... doing this as is, where is, is asking for Charlie to dance the foxtrot...

...and hell no to this post customs. Kiss and cry outside security ...
    President and CEO - Edmonton Airshow. Soon to rebrand to something global.

I can imagine the flight delays ... as weeping mothers want last hugs and kisses. Not going to happen.

Delta is cutting SEA next summer according to this post in Airliners.net.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1411691

This move really surprises me. Maybe Alaska will increase flights again.

“Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
    Delta is cutting SEA next summer according to this post in Airliners.net.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewt...?f=3&t=1411691

This move really surprises me. Maybe Alaska will increase flights again.
    I guess they failed to drown out Alaska? As long as we have coverage to Seatle.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
    What kind of A321s?

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this.

Seattle is doing a pilot program which will allow people to travel through to the secure side of the airport, even if they aren't flying (through security of course).

https://www.portseattle.org/page/sea...r-pass-program

Pittsburgh was the first to bring this option back as far as i can tell.

http://www.flypittsburgh.com/mypitpass

As someone who enjoys going to the airport I think this would be a great option to join someone for a meal on the secure side of the terminal and would result in more revenue for the airport and it's vendors you would think (parking, food, shopping). I guess what i am saying is if anyone from YEG is reading this, it might be something to explore. It's another benefit that could be used to help win business. Here are a couple scenarios.

1. My dad is flying for work from Kelowna to Ottawa with a connection in Edmonton. His layover is sufficiently long enough to meet up for a bite to eat on the secure side, but probably too risky (and a hassle) time wise to leave security, eat, and then go through that process again. If i was able to be on the secure side waiting for him when he lands it would guarantee a much more pleasant visit right up until he boards the next flight.

2. Johnny lives in Red Deer and often decides between flying out of the Edmonton or Calgary airport for his flights to Toronto where he attends U of T. Johnny's parents typically drive to either city and drop him off at the airport. Being a similar distance but having more frequencies they more often use Calgary but Johnny's dad learnt about the ability for non-ticketed individuals to cross through to the secure side and decided they should use Edmonton this time so they can get through security with plenty of time and have a nice family meal before Johnny heads back to school for the semester.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Something you would support in Edmonton? I realize my examples were quite long winded but i really wanted to set the scene.
    All it takes is for one dumba$$ without a boarding pass to charge the gate to get on an aircraft and the whole terminal has to be cleared and everyone re-processed through security.

What kind of A321s?
    Let me google that for you. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOW_air
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

C2E SME

I think it's probably best to keep it the way it is.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Can someone tell me what is under construction straight north of the 7-11. They are running the street through and a huge building is going up. You might say between Aurora and Century Mile.

Hope somebody knows where you mean.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

I know what he means there is a building straight east of Aurora’s grow operations. I assume it is something to do with Aurora but I’m guessing.

Ah, thanks Glenco. Got my bearings now.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Steel going up today east side of Costco. Looks like three footings along there. Gassing up I asked the attendant and he thought a couple of food places and maybe a Tim’s but was very uncertain. He thinks this company is also developing on the west side of Costco and the west side of the mall along the canal. It’s Avatex so checking their site it shows three developments at EIA. http://www.avatex.ca/

According to that site Wendy’s, sleep country, Starbucks, & Booster juice will be opening up in the airport retail development area for 2019 (If I am reading it right).

Look forward to a legit restaurant with a patio opening around the manmade water feature opening up someday.

Oh ya, I see that now. Scrolling right down to the bottom. Don’t forget Fatburger. lol. Plus 2-4 others. Yes sit on the patio and see, and hear, planes taking off and landing. The canal is having skating on it someday too. They should stock a few trout in there for anglers.

For those who follow such things, the U.S. Transportation Department has just released the transborder statistics up to June of 2018. The Edmonton numbers are about what we expected: For the first six months of 2018 the airlines offered just less than 43,000 more seats than they did during the same period the year before, and carried just over 43,000 more passengers. This means a slight increase in average load factor to about 86.8%.

C2E Continued Contributor

The Delta Seattle cancellation has now affected us. Choice of Calgary or Victoria before Edmonton. Took Victoria. Sigh.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Good choice going with Victoria at least. It is certainly a reminder that we still have work to do just to try and maintain the flights we have let alone add new flights. Those transborder statistics posted above are nice to see!

^ in the end, DL/WS take your money. They don't care that you went through YYJ. For YEG and the catchment area, it's a loss of a flight to a US hub.

Unfortunately we had booked Delta. Wish we had booked Alaska.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

C2E Long Term Contributor

Just booked Alaska to SEA in March. Much prefer the E175 to the Q400 tube of poor comfort.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Just booked Alaska to SEA in March. Much prefer the E175 to the Q400 tube of poor comfort.
    I need to have a nice long weekend stay soon enroute to Edmonton - pre-dinner drinks at the Mayflower where I always stay and then dinner at the Pink Door and then some cool little blues or jazz bar. Repeat.

Just booked WJ non-stop to Kahului and direct on the way back for March! Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Just booked WJ non-stop to Kahului and direct on the way back for March! Can't wait.
    Great place to visit - I was there twice with WestJet - once nonstop with their Leased 757s then once through Vancouver.

C2E Posting Power

Yup!!!!! Sure are! Last Sep got on the what looked like the oldest Q400 ever made out of SEA to YEG - of course it had a maintenance issue that forced us to hop on a E175 in lieu of......thank god

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Great place to visit - I was there twice with WestJet - once nonstop with their Leased 757s then once through Vancouver.
    This will be my second time in Maui. Was there 5 years ago for my honeymoon. Love that place.

My highly scientific Twitter poll:

'What next non-stop route would you like to see'

www.decl.org

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I feel like we need to get KLM and Icelandair up to daily before we add another European destination.

Agreed that it would be really nice to solidify those on the Europe side of things.

Yes and no.

LHR or FRA are much different destinations than AMS or a 1 stopper.
    www.decl.org

Yes and no.

The direct to AMS enables almost hourly connections to get into LCY https://www.londoncityairport.com/
    Right into the heart of London.

Which is a great option, but direct LHR or FRA would be very important connections for YEG.
    www.decl.org

Yes, right into LCY is great for getting into the centre of London directly, but many passengers are heading elsewhere around southern England and Wales. The better option there is either LHR or LGW because both are easy access to the M25 and the ability to skirt London altogether and join your chosen major route into the hinterland. Plus LHR and LGW are one hop - major advantage on what is primarily an overnight flight from here.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Oh contra. Many people heading to Manchester Glasgow etc prefer connection through AMS. Much more convenient than flying through LHR.

Oh contra. Many people heading to Manchester Glasgow etc prefer connection through AMS. Much more convenient than flying through LHR.
    And the ability to fly on a LCC that you can’t get at LHR.

I have flown to London several times in the last few years. An LHR connection is pretty important in my books.

Right now the you can fly direct via YYC and get there in the least amount of time. Problem with KLM is it's several hours longer, and more expensive generally than AC to LHR. I've also flown British Airways via YYC to LHR Terminal 5 which is fun. Both AC and BA fly Dreamliners, which I really like.

I'm curious about Westjet to Gatwick. Even though it can be $100 or so cheaper than a AC seat sale, they charge for baggage, and the train ride from London to Gatwick is about $30CAD each way. So it's a wash in my books.

LHR connection is important for other continent connections. It's THE connection to Africa for instance.
    Last edited by GreenSPACE; 15-01-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    www.decl.org

That's why I said southern England and Wales (the south of that, too - where most of its poulation is).
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    I have flown to London several times in the last few years. An LHR connection is pretty important in my books.

Right now the you can fly direct via YYC and get there in the least amount of time. Problem with KLM is it's several hours longer, and more expensive generally than AC to LHR. I've also flown British Airways via YYC to LHR Terminal 5 which is fun. Both AC and BA fly Dreamliners, which I really like.

I'm curious about Westjet to Gatwick. Even though it can be $100 or so cheaper than a AC seat sale, they charge for baggage, and the train ride from London to Gatwick is about $30CAD each way. So it's a wash in my books.

LHR connection is important for other continent connections. It's THE connection to Africa for instance.
    I flew WestJet to Gatwick on their 767. It was fine. Pity I had to connect in YYC. Can't wait to try their 787s.

Gatwick is a home for low cost carriers. Having tried Ryanair and EasyJet, I prefer EasyJet. Great way to get around Europe.

Indigo partners, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Partners the people who invested in WOW were in Edmonton last week. Very interesting don’t you think?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post

I agree with you that LHR is an important connection, but I would rather fly to Africa with KLM through AMS. I have flown through Amsterdam, Paris, London, Frankfurt, and Istanbul to Africa and I think AMS beats all of those hubs hands down, particularly to East Africa.

FRA is actually a better hub than LHR for Africa considering that 3 of the 5 biggest air carriers in Africa are Star Alliance members (Ethiopian Airlines, EgyptAir, and South African Airways). Kenya Airways (#5 in Africa) is a SkyTeam member and part owned by KLM/AirFrance.

Indigo partners, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Partners the people who invested in WOW were in Edmonton last week. Very interesting don’t you think?
    It is interesting. What was your information source for the visit and can you provide a web link?

It was on Edmonton plane spotters Facebook page. One of the members posted an itinerary of their executive jets flight plan. I will find the link when I get home.

It is interesting. What was your information source for the visit and can you provide a web link?
    Considering WOW just announced cancellation of service to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, JFK, and Orlando within the last month, plus they have cancelled Miami, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Cleveland within the last year, plus they will not be starting Vancouver after all... I doubt they starting Edmonton anytime soon.

Here is what I wrote on Skyscraper:

“That is interesting. Clearly a visit with Enerjet staff at YYC. And maybe a buyout offer to Flair as the Chairman of Flair office is in Edmonton. Clearly Flair will be a thorn in the side of Enerjet until its removed. Does anyone know if Flair have access to deep pocket investors?

With 3 more LCC ramping up - giving Canada 4 with Flair ... some will fail. Bets anyone?? I think Flair will survive given it intends to "anchor" flights from YEG. and not operate "point to point" service that the others may use. At least that's Flair's current survival strategy given its lack of metal and possibly capital. Flairs future depends on the pockets of its investors and are they deep enough?”

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...-market-454272
    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 17-01-2019 at 09:27 PM.

It would seem extremely unlikely they would invest in two LCC in Canada so I wonder what their strategy is. Flair are up and running so on the surface it would appear they are the better bet.

It would seem extremely unlikely they would invest in two LCC in Canada so I wonder what their strategy is. Flair are up and running so on the surface it would appear they are the better bet.
    As we can all read, Indigo are committed to a share of a revamped Enerjet which at present is based out of YYC. What they were doing at YEG is somewhat puzzling - though if they were here for mere hours it is likely simply to sound out EIA officials or have a brief face to face with Flair President and Chair. I imagine a buy out of Flair would be at the top of the agenda.

As we can all read, Indigo are committed to a share of a revamped Enerjet which at present is based out of YYC. What they were doing at YEG is somewhat puzzling - though if they were here for mere hours it is likely simply to sound out EIA officials or have a brief face to face with Flair President and Chair. I imagine a buy out of Flair would be at the top of the agenda.

I would look at a visit to EIA as an opportunity on real estate. Hangar space and fees for use of terminal, bridge, landing, deicing for the first year or two.

Comparing Edmonton to Calgary vis-a-vis debt holdings, I dare say Edmonton has the ability to be more flexible than Calgary.

Flair is in the midst of a union dispute. Major turn off to potential investors. Would let Flair die before wasting time and money on that show. I have EnerJet's certificate and papers to start running right now, why would I want Flair's too and all the head aches?

Indigo, not too long ago, went out and bought dozens of A320/321neos for a number of airlines it owns. A321neos are the future of the ULCC long-haul beyond 4 hours.

Yes and no.

The direct to AMS enables almost hourly connections to get into LCY https://www.londoncityairport.com/
    Right into the heart of London.

And...support the home team! Every time you fly through LCY you are helping to ensure the financial sustainability of the Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund. AIMCo bought a piece of LCY.

New Swoop flights from Edmonton this summer include Oakland (3x a week), and Orlando (1x a week)

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...844390972.html

More of a Flair guy but the London, Ontario flight is interesting. Hope the Oakland flight doesn't hurt the Air Canada flight to San Fran.

The Oakland flight is an interesting option for sure. Makes sense though if they are competing with AC and San Fran.

More of a Flair guy but the London, Ontario flight is interesting. Hope the Oakland flight doesn't hurt the Air Canada flight to San Fran.
    This. The AC to S.F. is one of most critical routes/flights/connections.
    www.decl.org

Oakland on sale for $119 each way.
    www.decl.org

Doubtful there is a demand for Oakland.

C2E Posting Power

How flippant. Of course there isn't - nobody ever wants to just go to "Oakland." Proximity into SF that's appealing....same distance and time to and from SFO as well....so why not....kinda glad. But better go now to Oakland if you want to see the Raiders and Warriors play.....before they both hit the road outta town.....

No, but if you are going to SF it is an option

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post

No, but if you are going to SF it is an option
    Thats WS doing what it does to try to kill the AC flight. I hope EIA is propping up the AC flight into SFO.

C2E SME

All you need to do it hit the BART in San Fran/Oakland to head out in the Bay Area.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    . Doubtful there is a demand for Oakland.
    How flippant. Of course there isn't - nobody ever wants to just go to "Oakland." Proximity into SF that's appealing....same distance and time to and from SFO as well....so why not....kinda glad. But better go now to Oakland if you want to see the Raiders and Warriors play.....before they both hit the road outta town.....
    Are there rumors of the Warriors moving? I know the Raiders are off to Vegas in a couple years.

Oakland is an interesting choice for flights. Didn't think we'd ever see that one on the flight board at EIA.

First One is Always Free

So it looks like Swoop and Flair will go head to head on the Orlando route over the summer.

Flair is rumoured to make Orlando and potentially Miami year-round "sun" destinations.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
    Are there rumors of the Warriors moving? I know the Raiders are off to Vegas in a couple years.

Oakland is an interesting choice for flights. Didn't think we'd ever see that one on the flight board at EIA.
    Sure are....to SF....new arena is almost done at the far end of Market street right downtown......next year I'm thinking....

Thought I would have a look at YEG weekly transborder flight numbers. Curious how this compares to years past. Might be a little premature as many haven't fully announced their summer schedules yet.

Maybe someone has done a listing like this but i thought it would be good to track the number of weekly flights out of YEG this summer. This will be updated as airlines update their schedules (Flair or Perhaps Alaska adding frequency with Delta pulling out) but from what I can see the current schedules have the following weekly frequencies:

Swoop: (7xLAS, 3xOAK, 1xMCO) 11
    Flair: (TBD)
    Westjet: (4xLAS, 7xLAX, 2xMCO, 1xPHX*) 14
    Air Canada: (4xLAS**, 7xSFO) 11
    United: (14xDEN, 7xIAH) 21
    Delta: (14xMSP) 14
    Alaska: (14xSEA) 14

Total: 85

*Doesn't operate in July & Aug
    **Operated by Rouge

Am i missing anything? Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

C2E Posting Power

Thought I would have a look at YEG weekly transborder flight numbers. Curious how this compares to years past. Might be a little premature as many haven't fully announced their summer schedules yet.

Maybe someone has done a listing like this but i thought it would be good to track the number of weekly flights out of YEG this summer. This will be updated as airlines update their schedules (Flair or Perhaps Alaska adding frequency with Delta pulling out) but from what I can see the current schedules have the following weekly frequencies:

**Operated by Rouge

Swoop daily to Mesa? Rouge daily to LAS?

First One is Always Free

Rogue LAS service decreases to 4x weekly; Swoop Mesa is seasonal and returns October 5th.

**Operated by Rouge

Looking at YYC's transborder 2019 summer in comparison. YYC will probably have close to 50 dailies to the US. In one day as much capacity as YEG would have in one week. Quite the imbalance.

While we're doing comparisons with years past, what is shocking is that YEG 30+ years ago had three airlines running non-stops to the UK. Air Canada, CPAir and Wardair. And with a population waaayyyy less than today's.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

...and an industry that is waaayyyy different than yesterday's.
    www.decl.org

Yes, of course. But this kind of regression still makes Edmonton look like a backwater that couldn't build on what it once had in terms of international air travel. That's the general perception I get from friends over there, and you know what's said about perception.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Does anybody know if Flair has abandoned Victoria, or will it start up again in the spring?

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by K364 View Post
    Does anybody know if Flair has abandoned Victoria, or will it start up again in the spring?
    Flair is returning the route in late June and it’s gonna run 5 times weekly I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post

We used to fly into San Jose when we went to San Francisco. Faster and easier to get in and out of. Rental car pick up faster as well. Could be in downton SF faster than if we'd landed at SFO at the same time as SJC.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKELRS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K364 View Post
    Flair is returning the route in late June and it’s gonna run 5 times weekly I believe.
    Ok thanks. Hmm... late June... missing a third of the "season". Weird.

Rogue LAS service decreases to 4x weekly; Swoop Mesa is seasonal and returns October 5th.
    When does it decrease? I see daily flights in July.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post

I was looking at the Air Canada timetable and that was what i was seeing as of May 1.

https://services.aircanada.com/porta...ABC975DFD72085

Looks like you are right though doing some dummy bookings throughout the summer it seems to be every day.

The original press release was also calling it daily seasonal.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...698840781.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post

I was looking at the Air Canada timetable and that was what i was seeing as of May 1.

https://services.aircanada.com/porta...ABC975DFD72085

Looks like you are right though doing some dummy bookings throughout the summer it seems to be every day.

The original press release was also calling it daily seasonal.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...698840781.html
    The departure time changes on May 1, and because the timetable ends on May 5, it is displayed as "4567", this is the same for many flights. It is daily.

^ Fair enough, makes sense, apologies on that one it is adjusted below.

Air Canada: (7xLAS**, 7xSFO) 14

Total: 88

**Operated by Rouge

Interesting point to think about as well. Either we are vastly avoiding travelling to the States lately because of the dollar and/or our current economy OR we are being funneled more heavily through domestic hubs when flying to the States. I am sure it is a bit of both but i have a feeling it is the latter point more so.

We just had a record year for passengers overall but if you look back and compare transborder to 2014 (
    1,372,669) to 2018 (967,371) we are only at about 70% of what we once had.

**Operated by Rouge
    Is there some reason you lump in Rouge with AC but show Swoop separate from WS?

**Operated by Rouge
    Is there some reason you lump in Rouge with AC but show Swoop separate from WS?
    I could break it out I was only lumping it in because Rouge is run much more like you would see a regional like AC express or Encore run where you can book a connection on one ticket. Swoop is run much more as it's own airline.

I have no problem breaking it out if that is more appropriate.

Hope nobody's flying into/through LaGuardia today - they've declared a Ground Stop because of staff shortages due to the US shutdown.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

It looks like WestJet is adding a 3 weekly seasonal flight to St. John's this summer:

WS200 YEG2115 – 0609+1YYT 73W 235
    WS201 YYT0900 – 1140YEG 73W 346
    The new YYT flight is scheduled to operate between June 25 to September 4 according to Routesonline.com. Hopefully it does well enough that the seasonal period / frequency is expanded in the future since that is a fairly short period of operation.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...ervice-in-s19/
    Last edited by DClan; 27-01-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post
    It looks like WestJet is adding a 3 weekly seasonal flight to St. John's this summer:

The new YYT flight is scheduled to operate between June 25 to September 4 according to Routesonline.com. Hopefully it does well enough that the seasonal period / frequency is expanded in the future since that is a fairly short period of operation.

That is cool. fun tourist destination. Just went to book July 2 - July 6 just for fun and it looks like it's over $1000 per direction for the non-stop. Likely might just be something they need to adjust after loading into their system....or maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post

That is cool. fun tourist destination. Just went to book July 2 - July 6 just for fun and it looks like it's over $1000 per direction for the non-stop. Likely might just be something they need to adjust after loading into their system....or maybe not?
    It still hasn't been officially announced, I'd assume when it is announced there will be some kind of introductory fare.

Edit: Fares start at $333
    Last edited by TheGreatestX; 28-01-2019 at 09:13 AM.

WestJet/Swoop now operates to 33 non-stop destinations from YEG. Here's a look at this summer's schedule, they will operate 63 flights per day out of YEG to 24 destinations.

Abbotsford 16 (Swoop)
    Calgary 68 (14 mainline/54 Encore)
    Comox 7 (mainline)
    Fort McMurray 25 (Encore)
    Grande Prairie 13 (Encore)
    Halifax 10 (mainline)
    Hamilton 14 (Swoop)
    Kelowna 47 (2 mainline/45 Encore)
    Las Vegas 11 (4 mainline/7 Swoop)
    London-Gatwick 2 (mainline)
    London, ON 7 (Swoop)
    Los Angeles 7 (mainline)