Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 3,901 to 3,929 of 3929

Thread: Air Service Development, Routes, and carrier conversations

C2E Long Term Contributor

Getting a tad closer to 1995 levels in terms of transborder and international non-stops.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

A lot of Encore and Swoop in there but can’t really be too upset with those offerings as a non WJ hub.

C2E Continued Contributor

And Calgary getting Atlanta and Austin through Westjet and we get St Johns. Sigh
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Good to see. My list:

Halifax 10 (mainline)
    London-Gatwick 2 (mainline)
    Los Angeles 7 (mainline)
    St. John's 3 (mainline)
    Yellowknife 7 (Encore)
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

LGW needs to be year-round. And still no Moncton. Still, I suppose they can't be everywhere.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    And Calgary getting Atlanta and Austin through Westjet and we get St Johns. Sigh
    There is nothing in Atlanta but a great transfer hub.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by booster View Post
    There is nothing in Atlanta but a great transfer hub.
    Precisely, but why would anyone from our neck of the woods want to even transfer down there? What advantage is there to fly to Europe for example? Right, there is none....

There's only so many times one needs to go to their "World of Coke" or "Six Flags Amusement" park or go to "Stone Mountain." Hmmm, on second thought - wouldn't mind seeing those places again....lol....

That is just it... We already have connecting options for Europe. South East Region is covered by Miami and Orlando, so Calgary can have Atlanta and all the trouble connecting there. Way too busy and crowded of an airport.

As per your request for Moncton, maybe Flair could do Quebec City/Moncton daily in the future?

That is just it... We already have connecting options for Europe. South East Region is covered by Miami and Orlando, so Calgary can have Atlanta and all the trouble connecting there. Way too busy and crowded of an airport.

As per your request for Moncton, maybe Flair could do Quebec City/Moncton daily in the future?
    That'd work because there's no way we'd get a YEG-YQM direct. Right now it's at least a two-leg trip anyway, and usually in the 9 to 12 hour total trip time bracket. It's a days work getting there.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Which was why I thought Quebec added would make sense as 800k population can sustain a daily flIght and Moncton would be an easy fit into that equation.

Funny this should be mentioned. Was actually talking to a guy at YQB about that very city paring.

It is a 7.5 hour drive between the two cities. Makes for a good summer vacation destination.

The Routes Conference is happening in Quebec City and YQB is very interested in adding more routes.

C2E SME

Miami and Houston are good hubs for transferring to South America.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Yes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Miami and Houston are good hubs for transferring to South America.
    Houston is great. Won’t be a ton of people organizing a connection on 2 tickets from Flair to American for example in Miami.

Meeting with Flair tomorrow, will report back.
    www.decl.org

Whatever you do don't think that a set of bike lanes to and from the International Airport will somehow sway them.

Planeshare.
    www.decl.org

Uber for planes
    www.decl.org

Moncton.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

If i were chatting with them I would say work on solidifying popular core routes, work on perception and building customer loyalty in the short term. In the long term then they can branch out. Better that then risking the future of the company. But maybe there is something and i don't know that the "popular" routes are too competitive and can't be as successful as new to market or infrequently served routes.

New livery coming for Flair in March.
    www.decl.org

Cool, suppose it’s not much of an issue rolling out a new livery if you are introducing a whole new fleet.

Any other interesting notes you might be able to share from your meeting today?

They are being very aggressive in getting out in front of the business community.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    They are being very aggressive in getting out in front of the business community.
    That could be good. I think there is an impression that the business community is willing to pay more to travel, but that is not always the case. There is the corporate traveler and the small business traveler and they are quite different. Edmonton has a lot of the latter and not as many of the former.

I flew Flair for the first time in December and had a good experience and impression. The flight staff were pleasant and everything went relatively smoothly. It sort of reminds me of what Westjet used to be, except not friendly in a "howdy" sort of way, but more just a low key pleasant way. Last time I flew Westjet a few months ago the staff seemed a bit surly for some reason, which was the first time that happened with Westjet and I was a bit disappointed. Flair is no frills, so don't expect extras or be willing to pay for them, but it still can be pleasant.

It’s already out saw an orange and blue zig zag scheme at yeg on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Citysource View Post
    Pretty sure those are the colours of the leased 738s.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    That could be good. I think there is an impression that the business community is willing to pay more to travel, but that is not always the case. There is the corporate traveler and the small business traveler and they are quite different. Edmonton has a lot of the latter and not as many of the former.

I flew Flair for the first time in December and had a good experience and impression. The flight staff were pleasant and everything went relatively smoothly. It sort of reminds me of what Westjet used to be, except not friendly in a "howdy" sort of way, but more just a low key pleasant way. Last time I flew Westjet a few months ago the staff seemed a bit surly for some reason, which was the first time that happened with Westjet and I was a bit disappointed. Flair is no frills, so don't expect extras or be willing to pay for them, but it still can be pleasant.
    I think the business community is willing to pay. But the current schedule and the brand positioning are geared towards the occasional travelers.

As a business owner who flies frequently, I always try to fly flair. But it's really difficult to do day trips to Vancouver for example.

Also their once per day 7 am departure from Toronto forces you to spend the night rather than sleeping in your own bed.

I think they would need to beef up the domestic runs to have a broad appeal.

Default 'A life after oil': Edmonton's chief economist says shift to growing services sector essential for e

“When it comes to selling professional services, you really have to be thinking globally and for small businesses that’s a real challenge. It’s not cheap, it’s not easy,” he said. “That’s where the city can come in … to try and assist these small businesses to expand.”
    An immediate step in the right direction would be increasing the amount of international flights flying in and out of the Edmonton International Airport, said Rose. This would make it more accessible for entrepreneurs to travel globally and also allow outside business owners to visit Edmonton.
    https://edmontonjournal.com/business...ton-businesses
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Citysource View Post
    As mentioned below your post, that is another livery from a leased plane.
    www.decl.org

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940