Thread: 88 Toyota 4x4 stolen in Oliver Area

Default 88 Toyota 4x4 stolen in Oliver Area

Hi all

I had my 88 Toyota 4x4 truck stolen either last wed or thurs from the downtown(Oliver) area near Edmonton Motors. A white tow truck towed her away. I have an as on kijiji as well ad #377259810 I know its a long shot but maybe someone out here masy have some about it. Thanks everyone for your help in advance!

did you try calling the city police? They will likely know where it was towed too...

Police are in the know about truck...it has been towed/stolen and probably already sold for scrap...I just want to see this person get stopped

I'd rather C2E than work!

That doesn't make much sense.... scrap vehicles are essentially worth nothing but a tax credit. I know there's lots of guys with tow trucks who will take a car to a scrap yard for the hundred bucks or so they'll give you for it, but I have never heard of them just randomly picking up cars and carting them to the boneyard without being instructed to do so.

If it was towed away, it had to have been for a reason. If it was stolen... well, I feel for ya... I've had two cars stolen and I know that it's not much fun to have to deal with that process
    Parkdale

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I never realized 25 year old Toyota 4X4's were such a lucrative market. Perhaps it's at a local chop shop?

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

What color is/was your 4x4?

I doubt very much there is a market for 25 year old Toyota 4x4.

I'd bet that it was moved to a few blocks over by a "white tow truck" like they do every year when they do spring street sweeping in Oliver.

Has the OP called the Police?

Well, the truck was parked on a private lot in Oliver, the truck has been reported stolen and is not in any of the local tow yards or police impounds. It was dark grey in color, extended cab shortbox and I have an with pics on kijiji. This is actually more common than people realize. With scrap prices at $150 a ton, an hours work to get $250-300 is worth it to some. My neighbor saw the whole thing and like most people, didn't question it as there was a tow truck involved. I'm considering my truck long gone but I am trying to get information about it to help prevent it from happening to someone else, especially those who have older vehicles (which is all they can afford) and rouge theives are stealiong them for a few bucks. Let's face it, an old beat up vehicle wouldn't get questioned going for scrap as a newer, nicer one would.

I'd rather C2E than work!

^ if that is the case, check the pick & pull website (www,picknpull.com) for Edmonton & do an inventory search... there are typically very few Toyota trucks in there (as they are a lot more durable than most other trucks) if one shows up that's your year it may be worth teh drive out to see if it's yours. They'll have the records of who dropped it off. Check the stie for the next few weeks.. it can take a while for vehicles to go into inventory
    Parkdale

I will thanks
    If anyone see a rusted out dark grey 1988 Toyota 4x4 in their trails, I would appreciate a heads up

put something up on 780tuners.com as well.. it's unique enough that you might get some people on there to keep their eyes open as well.

Private lots are still subject to city bylaws on parking... You've said you've checked with the Police, and if they don't know where it is, it's definitely stolen. I'll be on the look out for your truck, and also on the look out for suspicious tow trucks

(I also live in Oliver, and have had my car stolen one time (never recovered), and also, it was moved/towed once because of spring street cleaning, but the Police knew exactly where it was moved to when I called and gave them my plate number)

Did the tow truck have any identifiable markings?

Thanks for all responses, I will definately go the 780tuners route as well. Unfortunately, all I know from neighbor is that it was a white regular style towtruck (not a flatbed) probably about 5-10 years old and was quite noisy(assuming it was a deisel) The neighbor saw it from his window and never thought to go down and check it out. And at around 2pm in the afternoon it took some balls for the guy to do it (he took his time about 45 mins loading her up) It happened south of Jasper Ave near 114st. I'm just trying to help keep oliver the area I love so any help again is appreciated.

You said it was for sale in Kijiji.. any chance it was taken by someone who came to see the car previously?

It could be but problem is police are too busy to chase after something like this. I've only had 2 guys recently look at it though. BTW the police occurence # is 12057083 for those who don't want to post a reply. Thanks again to all for your help

Could the neighbor identify more what the guy looked like? I have an extremely sketchy step uncle who drives an older white Chevrolet tow truck. I know this is coming a bit late but I figured I'd give it a shot.