Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 1,901 to 1,939 of 1939

Thread: Encore | Residential Tower | Under Construction| 43 floors - 138m

We still don't know if signature 3 reneged on all the contracts or simply renting out their unsold units.

For what it's worth, Langham rents out their unsold units in the Foxes.

C2E SME

And Regency's Link project has gone back and forth between rentals and condos at least a couple times, with them currently trying to lease it out while looking to sell the whole building.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Rentals, condos who really gives two flying f*cks what the tenure is, as long as the building looks good, is occupied with people and activates the street I'm good to go.

C2E SME

Whats wrong with rentals?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    Whats wrong with rentals?
    Rightly or wrongly, residents with mortgages see renters as not being as vested in maintaining the building as owners.

I go back and forth on this as there can be bad owners too. But, my experience is that loud, late night partying, throwing cigarettes out the window, vomiting in stairwells, etc ... does seem to weigh more to renters.

Or to be fair, their party-hearty friends.
    ... gobsmacked

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    if they turn encore into rentals last minute like their other project will people still think it's not a big deal???
    I don't want to tell you what to do, but it is best to let go of resentments toward them. Rentals or no rentals, how does that affect or bother anyone here; as well, what business is it of your, mine, or anyone else's? if it is the direct parties involved that is also their business and not ours. stop that game of yours!
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

This is a discussion forum. Discussing other people's business is kinda fundamental...
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

in this case, it will most likely be mature renters as I can't see rift rafts renting the high prices. Gatherings would most likely be dinner parties with wine consumed responsibly etc.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    This is a discussion forum. Discussing other people's business is kinda fundamental...
    to some degree, yes. However, the individual that I quoted has a huge issue with Westrich regardless of site(s) stemming from the Signature 1& 2's development. How would the concept of rental be any different than your own aspiration- which you stated you owned a few condos which you rented out side from your own living domain; what business do people have in criticizing you for that? I'm in the same boat as I have multiple properties here and abroad. As long as I follow regulations, have responsible tenants , and respect with compromise to the neighbors, it is my business.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

******* rights Chris! Look and variety is the key!

C2E SME

Considering the price of units in this building, I think it would be pretty safe to say that renters or condo owners would be most likely ok, and the possible riff raff so to speak probably couldn't afford to move in. Now if they were to say the would turn this building into a halfway house, or subsidized units, low income units, than yeah maybe there could be issues, but I think we wont see that happening anytime soon.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11
    I think it would be pretty safe to say that renters or condo owners would be most likely ok, and the possible riff raff so to speak probably couldn't afford to move in.

In general terms I don't have a problem with renters in a condo building, but I can speak from experience that in Phillips Lofts the high rents have not been nearly as much of a deterrent for dead beats and crappy neighbors as you'd think. The good news is that bad renters are easier for the board/association to get rid of as compared to suite owners, but I know our board in a building with somewhere around 10-15 rented units has had to deal with a problem renter every year or two. We're talking one of the losers literally having their dog relieve itself on the fake plants in the lobby on a regular basis. How someone like that could afford ~2k/month rent, I have no idea.

C2E Continued Contributor

Roommates often subsidize each other and you end up with a mix of renters.

You can only play that play so many times before people become weary of placing deposits on a preconstruction project. One I can understand if it isn’t selling well, however it is another case to me if a building sold out and they pulled the rug from under their clients because they saw dollar signs.

I know I would second guess investing with a developer if they developed a track record like that. So I’m sure they wouldn’t unless some unforeseen circumstances arose.

Does anyone know how much % of units they sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    I think it would be pretty safe to say that renters or condo owners would be most likely ok, and the possible riff raff so to speak probably couldn't afford to move in.

In general terms I don't have a problem with renters in a condo building, but I can speak from experience that in Phillips Lofts the high rents have not been nearly as much of a deterrent for dead beats and crappy neighbors as you'd think. The good news is that bad renters are easier for the board/association to get rid of as compared to suite owners, but I know our board in a building with somewhere around 10-15 rented units has had to deal with a problem renter every year or two. We're talking one of the losers literally having their dog relieve itself on the fake plants in the lobby on a regular basis. How someone like that could afford ~2k/month rent, I have no idea.
    I agree with that comment hence why my properties in which i rent out are keyless entrees to prevent them from locking me out if they are evicted where I have the master control; I also ensure proper tennants with clauses in the contract strictly stay I g the number of people living there. As proper landlords, t hat is our responsibility. Condo owners can be problematic too.

C2E Long Term Contributor

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Yeah, they're a month or two away from pouring the main floor.
    Encore rebar above grade! 19 days from the post above and not far away from a pour.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post

I agree with that comment hence why my properties in which i rent out are keyless entrees to prevent them from locking me out if they are evicted where I have the master control; I also ensure proper tennants with clauses in the contract strictly stay I g the number of people living there. As proper landlords, t hat is our responsibility. Condo owners can be problematic too.
    People are weird. Somebody in the Mayfair was tossing dog turds off their balcony and it was landing on the overhangs and side windows below. Pretty sure you can still see it on the Capital Blvd side still.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post

People are weird. Somebody in the Mayfair was tossing dog turds off their balcony and it was landing on the overhangs and side windows below. Pretty sure you can still see it on the Capital Blvd side still.
    Evict pronto.

thanx Ian !

By the time, reeebar, forms, and the pour that should be about 5 days in total, so it is pretty close to a month. He didn't state it will be a month but close to a month.

My point wasn't to correct him or anyone, just to update it and remind people how quickly this is rising.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

Yup, they're definitely going at a good clip.

It is going at a pace it should be. Had this been Ultima site, i doubt it would have been as fast just because of restraints to access/egress. That said, she is ready for cruise control right away. I cant wait to see it change our skyline. I'm so glad the former project didnt go through.

^mostly due to the concrete forming/pouring guys...
    www.decl.org

Apparently pre-construction prices are ending, they are increasing prices shortly on remaining units.

It is going at a pace it should be. Had this been Ultima site, i doubt it would have been as fast just because of restraints to access/egress. That said, she is ready for cruise control right away. I cant wait to see it change our skyline. I'm so glad the former project didnt go through.
    No, speed is what happens when you bring in the right GC for the job.

C2E SME

Westrich is still the GC/CM, but yes, Pagnotta is doing the concrete. I don't recall who did the concrete on Ultima.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Westrich is still the GC/CM, but yes, Pagnotta is doing the concrete. I don't recall who did the concrete on Ultima.
    Thanks for that tidbit Marcel!

^
    I would agree to certain extent Chris, but there are a lot more factors to expedition than just a good GC. Economic condition at time of construction... When the economy is at high level of robust, there are more developments, so talent will be stretch thin vs less robust times and talent is exponentially more. Staging grounds which Ultima had limit space vs Encore. Also, the ability of of a company to retain talent. Right now, construction in carpentry is not as abundant as during the oil boom, so retention is a lot easier. These are just some of the factors. There is no one reason for better or fast construction. This applies to all trades.

Grade!

www.decl.org

Wow, Westrich is going to rocket this thing up. I am calling roof top in 15 months!

Apparently 72 Percent of Encore units are sold according to email I got from Westrich.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

^Thanx Ian !

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

hope it goes up quickly ! sure looks like it will. yes thanks for the updates Ian !

Administrator *

Working on the second floor.

Encore Tower by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920