Thread: CHEAP autobody repair

Default CHEAP autobody repair

I have been reading threads on here that discuss autobody repair shops, and one thing I've noticed is that none of them directly answer this question: who's the cheapest? Yes, I know, you get what you pay for and all that, but affordability is a big issue for me.

I have a nasty crack in the lower front of my car. I got an appraisal today and they want to replace the entire bottom piece where the crack is. The quote was almost $900. It's my first time dealing with this kinda stuff and I was hoping someone could help me out and recommend a cheaper option. Thx.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Crack in the plastic portion? While some places weld plastic then repaint most places replace the part, the $900 sounds like its a reasonable estimate.

If its an older car you could try an autowrecker and if you're lucky they might have the part in your color.

That price sounds cheap as it is.

Check a few more places, stay away from the dealership autobody facilities, they are expensive.

Had the same problem. Recent quote was $1300 plus tax for replace and paint.

I might try to repair it myself. All vehicles age and in a surprisingly short time end up in the crusher so I find it hard to justify dropping $1300 for cosmetics.

I figure I should be able to save $1300+ of that $1300 + tax.

Note: it's a Honda CRV and its OEM all-season tires were the worst ever in the 2011 winter. After the damage I put on the previous owners other set of all-seasons and it drove just fine in the snow.
    Last edited by KC; 10-08-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Zip tie stitching: