Thread: best upscale bar for bottle service?

Default best upscale bar for bottle service?

Looking for as close to Vegas as we can get! I'm from here but am showing some newbies around. Have it narrowed down to Mercer Tavern, the Treasury Vodka Bar, and 100 Bar. Any other suggestions? Price doesn't matter; we're open to Whyte Ave too but I can't really think of anywhere that would do a night like this. I know the Rack does a good service though.

Just making sure I don't miss anything! I wanna show these guys that Edmonton is rockin!!!

The problem with trying to show them Vegas in Edmonton is that we don't have Vegas in Edmonton. If they're familiar with that scene, they'll leave disappointed. We have lots of really great stuff, but the Vegas club scene isn't one of or strong points (and is dying anyway).

I would recommend a unique spot like Common, or the best party in town at On The Rocks. If you're looking to get them laid, Union or Ranch might be what you're looking for.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

C2E Long Term Contributor

The Marquee on 112 St just south of 104 Ave (SW of Tim Hortons) supposedly has a bottle service.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Default vegas in edmonton

Yeah, I lived here my whole life so thanks for the lecture on how "Edmonton is not Vegas" LOL. Really??

I know we don't have Vegas here; it's called just having a crazy night in Edmonton! It can happen you know. Just seeing if there's any fun bars that I somehow missed. What's wrong with showing off a bit?? There are actually lots of awesome places to have that kind of night if you want to.

PS. On the Rocks is not one of them!!!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Take Hundred over Treasury.

In fact, stay away from the Treasury. Far, far away....unless you want mediocre service and crap drinks/food.
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpearl View Post
    Yeah, I lived here my whole life so thanks for the lecture on how "Edmonton is not Vegas" LOL. Really??

I know we don't have Vegas here; it's called just having a crazy night in Edmonton! It can happen you know. Just seeing if there's any fun bars that I somehow missed. What's wrong with showing off a bit?? There are actually lots of awesome places to have that kind of night if you want to.

PS. On the Rocks is not one of them!!!
    Well ok then. Good to know. If you knew all this already, why did you ask? In case you missed that secret killer Vegas nightclub nobody told you about?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

How about the Red Piano at WEM? Maybe not "rocking" but pretty cool.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Depends on what night of the week this will take place, but my vote for a fun night out (not vegas):

- Common - once the DJ gets going (10/11) it will be a rockin
    - Mercer - Book the mercer room at the front and drink up
    - 100 - older crowd and more formal, but can be good (not my usual by any means)
    - Billiard Club - on the weekends it is pretty fun
    - MKT on whyte might be what you are looking for if fri/sat night

If you want vegas, go http://empireballroom.ca/content/aboutus.php, but seeing as I dont go there.... nor ever have, take it for what it is worth.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

^ Empire is about as vegas as we get... I wonder if they still have the suspended girls on swings/rings

I saw lady gaga there when she was only big in Canada.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Empire I would say too

For a Jasper Ave location I would go Treasury
    FREE THE LOOPING .GIF MEMES
    youtube.com/GrimEmpire

Quote Originally Posted by MylesC View Post
    Take Hundred over Treasury.

In fact, stay away from the Treasury. Far, far away....unless you want mediocre service and crap drinks/food.

Agreed, I never have done bottle service in Edmonton, but stay away from Treasury.
    Had nothing but bad experience there. And they use to have TONS of negative reviews on Urban Spoon, but it's no longer listed on there (wonder why?).

Marquee looks cool, I also want to check out Mercer, but didn't think they had bottel service there.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    - 100 - older crowd and more formal, but can be good (not my usual by any means)
    Lots of gold diggers there, if into that.

Default Privé Ultralounge is the closest to Vegas

Privé Ultralounge downtown (where marquee used to be) 111 st and 103 ave has amazing bottle service with vegas style parades and presentations. Definitely worth checking out there's photos on their Instagram or website.