Thread: School hiring process

Partially Addicted to C2E

Default School hiring process

Does anyone know how the process works? I'm a bit fuzzy on how the education system decides on who to hire and how they decide. Apparently it's not up to the principle of a school to decide who he wants to hire for his school.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lazymonkeygod View Post
    Does anyone know how the process works? I'm a bit fuzzy on how the education system decides on who to hire and how they decide. Apparently it's not up to the principle of a school to decide who he wants to hire for his school.
    The principal will have a say. They (principal) generally interview for an open position and will pick the person they think best suits the school and team. Other things can happen though. The selected candidate can be asked to take a principalship or asst principal position somewhere else, in which case they pretty much have to accept. In that case, someone else might be assigned to the position.

I don't know if the school gets to pick for temporary positions (mat leaves, disability, etc).

never answered e-mail

http://www.epsb.ca/careers/teachers/..._appl_Info.pdf

This might be what you're looking for.

You'll note under the Contracts section the contracts are with One Kingsway, not any individual school, and positions are assigned.

Addicted to C2E

If one can't tell the difference between principle and principal maybe teaching isn't a wise careers choice