Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New hire at CTV

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Over a month has gone by since CTV Edmonton axed local amateur sports (as well as solid pro Greyson Knutson in the process). To date, the move has not sent me over to Global and probably never will. I'm a CTV guy through & through and apparently pretty much anything short of the dismissal of the iconic Daryl McIntyre won't change that.

C2E Long Term Contributor

They must have punted Darcy Seaton as well because the only people doing the sports news are Adam Cook and Nahreman Issa.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Darcy seems to be expunged from the CTV Edm website.

It's too bad the sports was axed - sport guys always have the most personality in a newscast. But CBC seems very amateur and Global very US-style plastic, so CTV is it for me. Losing local sports coverage is a real shame for local sports groups, ending a long involvement with the community.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    They must have punted Darcy Seaton as well because the only people doing the sports news are Adam Cook and Nahreman Issa.
    I also saw Meg Morrison on the late news after one of the Oilers games last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Esk Fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    I also saw Meg Morrison on the late news after one of the Oilers games last week.
    She was on the other night too so she's still around.

Meanwhile, Carla Turner, the weekend weather lady, is showing a baby bump so she may not be long for the station.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Next week, Erin Isfeld starts co-anchoring with D-Mac in a new studio, Carmen Leibel becomes the 5 PM anchor and Joel Gotlib is going back to reporting.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Did CTV do another round of cuts to the news room? Seems to be fewer reporters on the beat the last couple of months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12