Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
Results 3,301 to 3,350 of 3350

Thread: Edmonton Tower | 129.9 m, 426', 29 floors |

That pedway clearance seems really low. Will a semi-trailer even fit under?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete Jungle View Post
    about as well as two people walking down the sidewalk will be able to walk past the pylon signs on the sidewalk...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Administrator *

ICE District by Chris Vazquez, on Flickr

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Concrete Jungle View Post
    about as well as two people walking down the sidewalk will be able to walk past the pylon signs on the sidewalk...
    I don't think they will be expecting too many trailers driving down that road anyways. Most of the semi's that go to Roger's Place for concerts know the routes they have to take to get in and out of the building. Personally I look forward to this pedway and the pedway to Roger's to be completed as it will give me a warm and safe walking route after working the hockey games or concerts to get to a bus stop. Summer time I'm ok with outside but there have been a few nights during the winter that have been pretty harsh to get to a bus stop outdoors.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Reference ID: Job No 282887442-001
    Description: To install (3) Fascia On-premises Sign (Boston Pizza).
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A
    Applicant: 3T SIGNS LTD
    Create Date: 5/22/2018 3:07:02 PM
    Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
    www.decl.org

A few panels of glass out on #yeg Tower - sidewalk on the west side is closed. Worker on the ground confirms windows have been knocked out by high winds.

https://twitter.com/jthompsonctv/sta...104919040?s=21

looks like the spandrel to me? I recall the Brookfield in Calgary having issues too with glass coming down.

Yup 2 Spandrels and a Vision-wall. Also the light @102 and 103 ave snapped off the standard.

C2E Long Term Contributor

On the brighter side, Cacao 70 just opened recently.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

seems like portions of JW flew into Edmonton Tower.

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Don't forget, they're based in BC for all you people boycotting that province.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Yet they were founded here so good try maybe do some research next time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Pizza

I used to go to BP often BUT I gave up on Boston Pizza and have boycotted them for more than 20 years for one reason and one reason only.

Everytime we went, at any location, we got the slowest service and the lamest excuses for it.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Yet they were founded here so good try maybe do some research next time https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Pizza
    From your link:
    Headquarters Richmond, British Columbia, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    From your link:
    Started with one location though at 109 st and Whyte , I boycott BP already because the price for a small pizza delivered is 30$, which is a complete ripoff

That place is going to print money.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by Creativemind View Post
    From your link:
    Started with one location though at 109 st and Whyte , I boycott BP already because the price for a small pizza delivered is 30$, which is a complete ripoff
    Okay great, but the original point by kkozoriz was, they're based in BC. Magnus says 'do your research, they started here', which, while true, doesn't actual matter to where they are based. And they phrased it in a very condescending way.

But yes, you're right, the link also says it started in Edmonton. Great. Not relevant to kkozoriz's point. Which was a pretty offhand remark regarding the boycott BC thread.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I used to go to BP often BUT I gave up on Boston Pizza and have boycotted them for more than 20 years for one reason and one reason only.

Everytime we went, at any location, we got the slowest service and the lamest excuses for it.
    True true....service....roll the dice. Rarely have whilst in the city. But families are slaves to BP's if your kids are in ball or soccer, especially while in the Wainwrights and 3 Hills of the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Agreed. You can only go to Joey Bell so much, it will also do really well with out of towners on event nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilers99 View Post
    Agreed. You can only go to Joey Bell so much, it will also do really well with out of towners on event nights.
    There's clearly a market for sports bars in the downtown area, with the existing Boston Pizza lounge being full and people hoofing it all the way to 1st Rnd in Oliver. Hudson's is also full for sporting events, though that is not its primary focus. I haven't been to Mercer, so I don't know if it has enough TVs to count as a sports bar, but that's always full, too.

With the plan for Tower B only now having its plan finalized, we're a long way from having that done. Given that, a tower on the Baccarat land is still many years away. In the meantime, the Katz Group should partner with the guys from the Pint who wanted to open up a sports bar in the Fox II and either use the Baccarat to house a giant sports bar, or knock it over and make a simple, temporary building to house it. Whatever investment made could be recouped in a couple of years, leaving several years to profit before the building has to be demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Creativemind View Post
    From your link:
    Okay great, but the original point by kkozoriz was, they're based in BC. Magnus says 'do your research, they started here', which, while true, doesn't actual matter to where they are based. And they phrased it in a very condescending way.

But yes, you're right, the link also says it started in Edmonton. Great. Not relevant to kkozoriz's point. Which was a pretty offhand remark regarding the boycott BC thread.
    maybe learn to read idgaf if the HQ is in BC now they were FOUNDED HERE

^How is that relevant to what you replied to?

Maybe let me know what you think I didn't read?

I'm well aware that they were founded here but that is not relevant to where they are located now.

Same with Telus. Formed by the merger of AGT (which included EdTel) and BC Tel. AGT and EdTel were headquartered here but they are now based in BC.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

Maybe that's just on the restaurant side.

Top_Dawg goes to BP's Lounge on Whyte and at Westmount.

At both places the poodles have his beer in front of him before he even sits down.

And they just keep on coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    There's clearly a market for sports bars in the downtown area....

No fcuken sht.

True story.

Last week Top_Dawg went to City of Edmonton Tower to pay one of his tax bills.

Which made Top_Dawg laugh out loud as well.

In the foyer of CofE there was an information booth with a couple of poodles sitting there.

Canadian Blood Services.

Are you effen kidding ?

Bloodsucking vultures perched right where Top_Dawg goes to pay his taxes.

Let's just say the irony was not lost on Top_Dawg.

Well given that Top_Dawg was in the area and since he's never been to Roger's Place he decided to check out Match.

After all the hype about what a grteat sports bar it is Top_Dawg wanted to check it out himself.

Holy foq.

What a fcuking letdown.

This is it ?

This dinky little lounge ?

Nobody in the place.

Three sht little TVs over the bar showing the U.S. Open.

They don't sell Molson products.

Isn't Molson supposed to be one of the big sponsors at Roger's ?

Bottle of Bud Light was eight buck.

Top_Dawg poked back two of them.

Likely his last two.

Not like he's going back anytime soon.

Yeah, a decent sports bar downtown is way overdue.

Top_Dawg is going to pay another tax bill this afternoon.

He'll see if the foqing vampires are still camped out there.

Top_Dawg should write a book. "The Adventures of Top Dawg!" or just simply "Foq me!"

First One is Always Free

Crews were unloading what appeared to be kitchen equipment and structural items (we will call them "wall parts") early this morning. Since BPs pretty much come in a box, ready to assemble, I can't see this taking too long.

First One is Always Free

I was doing some reading, and the Edmonton Ice District Boston Pizza location will be one of a few new locations to feature BPs new "Restaurant of the Future" design. The images below are of the first location in Toronto to feature the new design - a sample of what we can expect in Ice District.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Something tells me the days of the Jasper Ave/106th street BP location is coming to an end.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

^^ Although not a restaurant of the future by any stretch of the imagination, it is an upgrade over the usual small-town offerings.

That's good. I was at BP today and noticed that the decor is looking quite dated. Time for a refresh.

C2E SME

On another note, I'm surprised that subway isn't open yet. I think their sign said spring 2018.

Booster Juice is going to open this summer.
    As for Boston Pizza, look for an October opening - just in time for the hockey season! The BP at Jasper/106 will remain open.

Thanks for posting @GrahamEdm
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

Where's Booster juice going?

2nd floor, next to Timmy Ho's

Quote Originally Posted by Axb View Post
    I guess that makes sense. AIMco get a guaranteed full building for life with the city committing to housing staff there.

"City tax records for 2018 show the building’s assessed value is $304 million"

Great to hear for a multitude of reasons.
    www.decl.org

Why is this good to hear? What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Why is this good to hear? What does it mean?
    Ca$h Flow = more development.

-Frees up cash for additional development by KG
    -Demonstrates confidence in the Downtown office market by AIMCO
    -Ensures that a high-quality owner/operator services the COE
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

-Frees up cash for additional development by KG
    -Demonstrates confidence in the Downtown office market by AIMCO
    -Ensures that a high-quality owner/operator services the COE
    Check, check and check.

C2E SME

I hope with this sale it could help to start looking at the next step in Katz groups overall masterplan for development. Personally I would like to see the Baccarat site worked on next. Although any development moving forward would be great to see.

C2E Continued Contributor

Head from a friend working on the Boston Pizza that there is still a lot of work to be done and he thinks it will not be open for a number of months yet

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    I hope with this sale it could help to start looking at the next step in Katz groups overall masterplan for development. Personally I would like to see the Baccarat site worked on next. Although any development moving forward would be great to see.
    Should have been demolished opening day of Rogers Place arena.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
    Head from a friend working on the Boston Pizza that there is still a lot of work to be done and he thinks it will not be open for a number of months yet
    October target I believe.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
    October target I believe.
    Makes sense. Rogers Place is pretty quiet right now so no real rush to catch anyone coming or going to the arena. Just in time for hockey season will be fine.

Man, driving back home at night... it's annoying to see that a strip of the LED not working. It's been like that for months. I can't believe its stopped working already nor do I see them trying to fix it anytime soon.

The same thing happened with the Mayfield. I think the Mayfield LED is working again but it was off for several months.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334