Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Results 3,201 to 3,260 of 3260

Thread: Edmonton Tower | 129.9 m, 426', 29 floors |

C2E Continued Contributor

There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Southwest view from 2017.09.10.

C2E Long Term Contributor

I actually like the blinds and how they create a sort of design element.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I talked to one of the manager's of the Jasper Ave Boston Pizza on Saturday night. He stated they were deciding between opening the City of Edmonton Tower and Brewery District location first. The UFC fight may have put City of Edmonton first, as the Jasper Ave BPs was so completely full that night, with them having to turn people away for the time I waited for take out. They turned away many people, so a second location downtown could do well, I think. The manager agreed with me

Their COE Tower location will print $.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    I talked to one of the manager's of the Jasper Ave Boston Pizza on Saturday night. He stated they were deciding between opening the City of Edmonton Tower and Brewery District location first. The UFC fight may have put City of Edmonton first, as the Jasper Ave BPs was so completely full that night, with them having to turn people away for the time I waited for take out. They turned away many people, so a second location downtown could do well, I think. The manager agreed with me
    So did he mention an opening date? You would think they would want to have it opened for the start of the hockey season.

Given what they are doing there, my guess is early 2018.
    www.decl.org

No opening date was given by the manager for the BPs, as the decision which will open first had not been made yet.

Our Downtown/city sure has changed.

www.twitter.com/cindurh
    www.decl.org

^What is that?

I"m confused by that as well.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Bingo.
    www.decl.org

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by lat View Post
    Educate the masses here....is a portable shack - turned restaurant? 60ft trailer? What and where is it exactly? Parking lot north of Rose and Crown?

From the looks of the perspective, I'd say the NE corner of 101 St and 104 Ave. They must've set up a pop-up restaurant there... Haven't been there, myself.

Still confused, but whatever. Looks cool.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Looks established. Not so much a pop up.
    Last edited by Franky Knuckles; 12-09-2017 at 02:28 PM.

It's the former Reuse Centre...being reused.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Their COE Tower location will print $.
    Never before has a bank of microwaves had the opportunity to print piles of cash with plates of dogshizzle as the main byproduct.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Knuckles View Post
    Looks established. Not so much a pop up.
    Going by the blurb beside the photo in the instagram link

City to drop option to purchase Edmonton Tower, would receive cash from ICE District
    September 15, 2017

The City of Edmonton and ICE District Corp. have agreed to an amendment in the Edmonton Tower lease agreement that would see the City receive $5 million in exchange for removing its option to purchase a portion of the building in the event it is ever sold.

According to the original lease agreement, the City maintained the first right of refusal in acquiring a half interest in the building. The City has determined it is not interested in exercising this option, and that there is a monetary value in agreeing to a future request to remove it.

City Council accepted Administration’s recommendation in this matter at its meeting on September 13.

Media contact:
    Charity Dyke
    Communications Manager
    780-405-7924
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

Also a release of a covenant that that may have prevented a sale of the CoE Tower to institutional or other investors or prevented obtaining loans against the asset or gave other business partners pause for investing into that particular asset. I smell money moving behind this story. It's not just about the CoE covenant. That may be good news if it frees up liquidity for Katz - anything to help Ice District 2 advance.

City of Edm Tower rezone from CCA to AED to allow for the 'large format digital signage, including animation to be used'.
    www.decl.org

I was just thinking I hadn't seen the cheesy LED effects in use on my drive into work since the testing in the spring, guess that explains why.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

143774258-107
    29-Sep-2017
    10111 - 104 AVENUE NW
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A

To construct Interior Alterations to prepare suite for future tenant fit-up: gas line stub into unit, increase electrical panel capacity, installation of water meters. (Cacao 70 - Interior Alterations)

ONE PROPERTIES

C2E SME

So just a recap. Upcoming businesses slated to open in the Edmonton tower. Royal Bank on the NE corner of the podium, Tim Hortons 2nd floor next to the future pedway to the Marriot, and BP's somewhere at street level I assume. Any other confirmations, any rumours?

First One is Always Free

^ Also the convenience store on the lower level at the south entrance - unless it's already open and I've missed it!
    Last edited by VGereluk; 17-10-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Administrator *

^^ I thought somebody said Boston Pizza fell through?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^GreenSPACE posted this back on 14-11-2016:

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    What I've heard for retail so far:

- Tim Horton's
    - Good Earth
    - Royal Bank

They want both low and high end coffee. There are 2 restaurant CRU's as wel, BP's looked at one but it apparently fell through.
    However, there are more recent posts from others indicating that it's actually happening after all, so...
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

C2E SME

Well it is good to see spaces filling although I hope we see more soon.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Job No 264620197-001
    Description: To construct exterior alterations to an existing Restaurant (revolving door on West elevation, door on South elevation, install opaque film to glazing, rooftop mechanical equipment) (Boston Pizza)
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A
    Applicant: STANTEC ARCHITECTURE LTD.
    Create Date: 10/13/2017 2:28:10 PM

Tim Hortons is now open.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Job No 264620197-001
    Description: To construct exterior alterations to an existing Restaurant (revolving door on West elevation, door on South elevation, install opaque film to glazing, rooftop mechanical equipment) (Boston Pizza)
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A
    Applicant: STANTEC ARCHITECTURE LTD.
    Create Date: 10/13/2017 2:28:10 PM
    emphasis added...

^
    Isn't that against the very bylaws enforced by the employees who work in that tower? Or are they getting a special exception like Roger's Place :9

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Also a release of a covenant that that may have prevented a sale of the CoE Tower to institutional or other investors or prevented obtaining loans against the asset or gave other business partners pause for investing into that particular asset. I smell money moving behind this story. It's not just about the CoE covenant. That may be good news if it frees up liquidity for Katz - anything to help Ice District 2 advance.
    I'm not even sure why the City would want to even own this real estate in the first place. None the less, based on experience it's not unusual for an anchor tenant to have a right of first refusal to purchase clause in a lease.

^
    Isn't that against the very bylaws enforced by the employees who work in that tower? Or are they getting a special exception like Roger's Place :9
    Depends on what this 'opaque film' is. Tough to know the details based on the brief description used on the DP application. I also assume that this DP is not yet 'approved' with or without conditions, so it's subject to review and approval by the City.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    ^
    Depends on what this 'opaque film' is. Tough to know the details based on the brief description used on the DP application. I also assume that this DP is not yet 'approved' with or without conditions, so it's subject to review and approval by the City.
    before or after rezoning the edmonton tower from core commercial arts to arena effectively changing it from an occupied office building to an occupied billboard?

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    ^
    before or after rezoning the edmonton tower from core commercial arts to arena effectively changing it from an occupied office building to an occupied billboard?
    I got my hands on insider info pertaining to what the ads will be.

There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

143774258-103
    25-Oct-2017
    10111 - 104 AVENUE NW
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A

To construct interior alterations - ICE Block D Level 25 Multi-tenant Common (Revision to public corridor 25th Floor)

ONE PROPERTIES

Gateway Newstands and Cacao 70 have opened in the Edmonton Tower
    http://icedistrict.com/news-media/ne...-ice-district/

Cacao 70:
    https://cacao70.com/en

Gateway Newstands
    https://gatewaynewstands.com/
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E SME

Where is Cacao 70 located?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Gateway Newstands and Cacao 70 have opened in the Edmonton Tower
    http://icedistrict.com/news-media/ne...-ice-district/
    According to that press release, Cacao 70 won't be open until next month.

143774258-122
    16-Nov-2017
    10111 - 104 AVENUE NW
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A

Boston Pizza To CONSTRUCT STEEL STUD PARTITIONS AND MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL ROUGH IN ONLY FOR initial tenant fit up for a restaurant in Edmonton Tower.

APEX CONTRACTING, IAN FREDERICK

264620197-002
    07-Dec-2017
    10111 - 104 AVENUE NW
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A

To construct exterior and interior alterations to a restaurant shell space (landlord work). Exterior - New revolving and new man door on North facade, install opaque film to glazing along West Facade, install rooftop mechanical equipment. Interior - Cutting openings in existing floor for stairs, dumbwaiters and mechanical shafts. (Boston Pizza)

APEX CONTRACTING (JUSTIN), JUSTIN BAKER

I stopped reading at "install opaque film to glazing along West Facade"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    I stopped reading at "install opaque film to glazing along West Facade"
    I wonder why they'd even want do this. West side is built for patio space, unless they're just putting the film on the little portion on the right (see link). Either way, should not be done

https://www.google.ca/maps/@53.54576...7i13312!8i6656

Per the Google link: That sidewalk out from is a cluster **** of ID signage, electrical vaults and ?. No room for people to walk. A design disaster. The IcecDistructvsigns need to be removed - a wheelchair or scooter might not get through there.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Per the Google link: That sidewalk out from is a cluster **** of ID signage, electrical vaults and ?. No room for people to walk. A design disaster. The IcecDistructvsigns need to be removed - a wheelchair or scooter might not get through there.
    LOL WHAT

Tell me how that is not enough room? Have you actually even been down there yet? The comment you are making tells me no. I have seen plenty of wheelchairs and or scooters go thru that side road
    Last edited by Dark Magnus; 20-12-2017 at 01:21 AM.

It's 102st that's narrow and obstructed. I canb't believe that we have all these utility boxes on the sidewalk downtown when we've been able to use vaults in the sidewalk or other non-obstructing solutions for as long as I've been alive.

There are boxes and pedestals right in the middle of the sidewalk on Fancy Capital Boulevard that don't leave enough for someone to walk beside a wheelchair on either side but could easily have been relocated. The ones blocking the sidewalk on 102 could have been moved to right along the deck or planter's retaining wall and left a clear sidewalk, and the one right in front of the corner of Fox is amazingly bad.
    There can only be one.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^ ^^
    [IMG]102 street by cdnklc, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]102 street 2 by cdnklc, on Flickr[/IMG]
    not only is the sidewalk unpassable, i'm not sure how the upper level received occupancy without a guardrail...
    Last edited by kcantor; 20-12-2017 at 01:51 PM.

143774258-091
    06-Feb-2018
    10111 - 104 AVENUE NW
    Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot A

To change the occupancy classification from E mercantile to A2 assembly and to construct interior alterations, initial tenant fit up for a restaurant in Edmonton Tower. (Boston Pizza)

APEX CONTRACTING, IAN FREDERICK

C2E SME

Good to see this one continuing to move forward. This should be nice for those who work at the building as well as those who go to games and concerts. There are a lot of BP's fans out there. Just in case someone thinks I'm making a joke, I'm not, I wonder when the Subway will be opening. I'm assuming that it is going to be located next to the Tim Horton's at the top of the west escalators.

I'm sure there are more BPs in the city than any other chain, so ya, you can't argue with success.

Wow, did not know 102 sidewalk was such a joke. Thanks for posting that.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

It is still a heavy artery for construction. You should expect more at this stage.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

C2E SME

I have a feeling that the west side of 102 st is going to be more pedestrian friendly. I could completely out in left field but could the west side be strategically made nicer and more accessible to encourage more pedstrians into the plaza?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    I have a feeling that the west side of 102 st is going to be more pedestrian friendly. I could completely out in left field but could the west side be strategically made nicer and more accessible to encourage more pedstrians into the plaza?
    maybe... but the west side has parkade and loading dock and hotel port cochiere ingress and egress from 102 across from edmonton tower. i’m not sure how fine grained stantec will be at grade or whether most of that retail will be interior and plaza oriented.

Yeah, with all the parkade/loading areas along 102 street between 103-104 ave, I would think that the big push would be to have pedestrians walking on '103 street' though the plaza.

C2E SME

Well that could most likely be the main goal is to have most pedestrians walking through the nice new plaza eventually. The only part of the sidewalk that could be really important is the stretch from the front door of the hotel and the front door of the Casino.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233