Thread: Quality of Life

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Quality of Life

Hoot - Big E news keeps getting better and better.

Ahem: Does Edmonton have the highest quality of life in English speaking countries? According to Numbeo.com the answer is yes.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ing-countries/
    ... gobsmacked

C2E Hard Core Contributor

One of the lowest cost of housing to income ratios of anyone on that list.
    I think it's a combination of decent house prices and high income.

Imagine how we would have scored 10 years ago with houses at half or a third of today's prices, great job situation, lower city and provincial government expenditures and debt... We'd have been right off the charts!

Actually, I guess we were, as usual.

Another liveability report... "Canada ...does seem in 2016 to have a distinct dearth, in relative terms, of angry, embittered, jaded, dissatisfied headbangers ..." However, it seems a lot of people want to import American politics, etc.

Now London has come 53rd in the global liveability report, it's time we accept Canada and Australia are doing everything better
    Grace Dent 19 September 2016

There’s something perverse about placing cities in a “liveability” list and then doling out winners and losers; nevertheless, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2016 Global Liveability Report makes for fascinating reading. Presumably the former residents of Damascus, currently sat in muddy slum conditions on the Macedonian borders, have already figured out that a life in the list’s winner Melbourne, Australia might be a lot lovelier than either staying put or “going home”. Likewise, no one in Tripoli is waking up this morning to the shock news that life is breezier in Vancouver. However, ..."

Canada is far from a wonderland, but it does seem in 2016 to have a distinct dearth, in relative terms, of angry, embittered, jaded, dissatisfied headbangers – and I count myself among them – who could start a fight in an empty room. Let’s all move to Canada. They’ve had it too good for far too long.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7316591.html
    Last edited by KC; 20-09-2016 at 02:38 PM.