Thread: SMT Rail System

C2E SME

Default SMT Rail System

I was looking up some youtube videos on current systems and came accross this newly proposed system and thought it would be interesting to post and get responses on. What I find interesting with this system is that it shows the ability to not only transport passengers but also illustrates transporting vehicles and even cargo.
    SMT Rail Greenest Smart Mass Transit on the planet
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

It was to be prt from what I can tell... I like the ground level stations but people have showen that time and time again that overhead infrustructure has adverse effects on the area it's placed in...

Neat idea though
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

How do u get out of a car when it breaks down? Jump?

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    How do u get out of a car when it breaks down? Jump?

Wonder how they handle it in cities like Vancouver,Seattle and many other with elevated systems,as well as the Disney monorails.
    I'm having people over later to stare at their phones,if you want to drop by

^Monorails have emergency walkrails for such an event. You can wallk on skytrain rail as well. This system hangs from above though, so wouldn't meet saftey regulations.

You can see the Las Vegas walkway here beside the rail:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwAA&dur=5244
    Last edited by moahunter; 26-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Ski lifts don't have safety walkways... So it's possible.. As the cars are meg lev there really shouldn't be much breaking down. Roll up rope ladders would likely be enough.

Ever since I ran across honalulu's elevated system I have been looking at other systems as theirs is one of the first built in a number of years... Which may be slightly off as I just read that somewhere and have not researched in depth... But I did learn this.

Jakarta has had a monorail project on the go for some time which has started and stopped over the years and now may be scrapped all together or could move forward lol.. Glad we don't live there!

Mumbai's monorail has encountered a number of delays opening/reopening.

Sydney is talking down their monorail and building lrt in the form of tram and commuter rail at an amazing pace
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 26-12-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Ski lifts don't have safety walkways... So it's possible.
    Ski lifts aren't public rail transport. They are on private fields, and yes, there have been cases of people stuck on them for prolonged periods. A system this complex, one software bug or hacker, or an earthquake, and you would have potentially thousands of trapped people. There has to be a walkway or similar.

Ski lifts have to meet Gov't standards.. just because it's on private land doesn't mean a transportation system doesn't have regulations.

Sure and same with elevators. Elevators never get stuck.

^I love the way these made up transport systems have made up technology that has supposedly already been engineered from science (nano-magnetism or similar), to sound sophisticated.