Thread: What game are you playing

Default What game are you playing

As much as i wanna know what different games everyone here plays, im also looking for more people to play battlefield 3 or eve online. This will not be limited this to just pc's, if you play console as well post them here as well.

Atm on the console side of things im playing the following.

COD black ops 2
    ghost recon
    fallout 3
    The mass effect series
    halo4
    fallout 3
    and i just picked up zone of the enders and metal gear hd collections

as for the pc
    bf3
    eve online(need to resub)
    euro truck simulator 2

World of tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    World of tanks
    Nice i tried that one out for a bit, wish it did have more of the modern tanks in the higher tier's but it still a really solid game non the less

7 Little Words, iphone.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

I'd rather C2E than work!

The Pinball Arcade
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E Continued Contributor

Not many lately.

NHL 13
    Diablo 3
    Saints Row: The Third

PC gamer:

Civ 5
    Borderlands 2
    random assortment of roguelikes (DF, FTL, Dungeons of Dredmor)
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

C2E Super Addict
    "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, itís not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

Dominoes
    Crokinole

C2E Long Term Contributor

Black ops 2
    Eagerly anticipating GTA
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    Dominoes
    Crokinole
    Um is this on a computer or something? as that's the point of this being on the tech forum. Board games wouldn't really fall under this area.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

walking dead then witcher 2

god bless steam sales
    be offended! figure out why later...

Quote Originally Posted by richardW View Post
    god bless steam sales
    lol thats why my coworker always says

Don't laugh, but I play DC Universe Online.

It's a Multi-player online game where you connect to pretty much anywhere in the world.

I create a superhero and go through levels to achieve Membership with the justice league.

You can play for free, but if you want to unlock special features it's $10/month.

To each there own true gamers don't laugh at each other they just frag each other and have fun doing it

C2E Continued Contributor

Pretty much just Halo 4. I'm pretty good at it so I just stick to that.
    Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Assassins Creed series.

Windows 2001 Space Cadet pinball and Chrome Bejeweled app.

Also, I recently found a board-game buddy and we've been playing some Agricola. Can't wait till I can find a few more people and get some hardcore strategy on.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

This isnt really about board games with this being the tech section.

World of Warcraft, Borderlands 2, and occasionally Diablo 3.

On the computer side we're pretty much solid Minecraft right now. I do have a dormant EVE-Online account as well. There was a period when their Mac client was massively unstable so I set it aside. I think it's improved now and I may stick my head in again and see what's up. I was never really hardcore as I don't have the time availability to play an MMO full on.

I played Diablo 3 for awhile and I'm currently waiting for Torchlight 2 to finish their Mac version. I also have a large collection of indie games, mostly through the Humble Bundle deals.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmagnoblade View Post
    This isnt really about board games with this being the tech section.
    Hey, board games can be quite technical these days!

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Also, I recently found a board-game buddy and we've been playing some Agricola. Can't wait till I can find a few more people and get some hardcore strategy on.
    I like the look of that Chmilz. Did you pick it up in town or did you have to order it? Any Go players around?

Clash of Clans (iphone)
    Diablo 3
    Starcraft 2

For PS3:
    NHL 12 (Be a player & GM Mode)
    Trying to get back into Battlefield 3
    Transformers: Battle for Cybertron

For PC:
    Civ 4
    Ur-Quam Masters (also known as Star Control 2).

I don't have much time for video games anymore, especially violent ones you can't play in front of a 5 year old so all progress is very slow going.

Playing some Saints Row 2 on the PS3, and my wife and I had a great game of backgammon the other night. I need to find a fun card/dice/board game that's fun for 2 people to play. Any suggestions?
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Partially Addicted to C2E

^I've been playing lots of backgammon these days too! As for a fun card game, you can't go wrong with crib.

Having picked up a Wii for Christmas, I've been working through Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm thinking of having a look at Metroid next.

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Playing some Saints Row 2 on the PS3, and my wife and I had a great game of backgammon the other night. I need to find a fun card/dice/board game that's fun for 2 people to play. Any suggestions?
    Ones I know:

Quick dice game: Zombie Dice. My girlfriend and I play it in restaurants.

Table top games that work for two: Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride. Pandemic looks very good although I haven't played it yet.

Card games: Munchkin or Fluxx (various genres available for each). I recommend Monty Python Fluxx if you know their material. Gloom is fun too if you like storytelling and dark themes.

Also check out Wil Wheaton's Youtube show TableTop.

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I like the look of that Chmilz. Did you pick it up in town or did you have to order it? Any Go players around?
    I got it as a gift. I'm pretty sure my wife got it at River City Games in Kingsway, they keep a really good and current selection of board games on hand. Agricola specifically is awesome. While creating a farmstead sounds mundane, it's incredibly strategic with almost infinite replay value.

I'm thinking of picking up Android: Netrunner, an asymmetrical game for 2 players where one plays the corporation trying to protect their interests from hackers, and the other as the hacker trying to break into the corporate system for various purposes.

Don't leave out C2E Forum Battlefield.

Outside of what pre-schoolers love it's been years since I played any cool games but I loved Stratego and chess "board" games as a teenager. Maybe it's time to go to their online versions.

http://www.stratego.com/beta/

"Stratego is coming...
    We’re proud to announce the Beta release of the classic game of battlefield strategy. Apply now to start playing the game: see you on the battlefield!"
    Last edited by KC; 23-01-2013 at 07:32 PM.

First One is Always Free

Dream League Soccer

FTL or Faster Than Light.

It's kinda like Red November if you play board games.

It's on steam.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I play a lot of Battlefield 3. I also play Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Halo 4, and Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    I play a lot of Battlefield 3. I also play Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Halo 4, and Skyrim.
    If you play bf3 on pc add me look up "dark_magnoblade" and if you play it on 360 add "dark magnoblade" or just do both lol.

On another note about playing video games. The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital now has games for patients to play to help in their rehabilitation. It helps keep their minds sharp and their reflexes get a great work out.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Battlefield 3 and BF1942 on pc.

^ BF 1942, damn thats oldschool
    be offended! figure out why later...

Quote Originally Posted by richardW View Post
    ^ BF 1942, damn thats oldschool
    I think EA is till offering Battlefield 1942 for free via their Origin online gaming service (EAs answer to Steam). I downloaded it a while back, after not having played it for years.

I should give it a crack again tonight; Air Aces on thje History Channel is giving me a hankering to fly an old WWII fighter
    Last edited by Ustauk; 25-01-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Axis and Allies: Iron Blitz...

Anyone else play or used to play this PC version of a great board game?

You looking for someone to play bf 3 or halo4 coop with?

I'm more of a casual, team death match or conquest player in Battlefield, and don't play Halo 4 online. If I see you around the BF serves, I'll say hi... after I shoot you, knife you, or blow you up

I'm more of a casual, team death match or conquest player in Battlefield, and don't play Halo 4 online. If I see you around the BF serves, I'll say hi... after I shoot you, knife you, or blow you up
    Lol alright, I'm not hardcore ether just looking for people to work as a team or something, since no one does that very much on team based games to begin with.....

Lol alright, I'm not hardcore ether just looking for people to work as a team or something, since no one does that very much on team based games to begin with.....
    Seriously, thanks for the invite, but I never know when I can game, and have a tendency to do it in short burst, so I don't think I'd make a good co-op partner. Good luck with your gaming

I think EA is till offering Battlefield 1942 for free via their Origin online gaming service (EAs answer to Steam). I downloaded it a while back, after not having played it for years.
    Yeah, it was free in November for the 10th anniversary of the game. I'll admit I sometimes prefer the slower pace of 1942 over the fast pace of most of today's FPS's. I also played it hardcore from 2002 - until 2010 when I finally shelved it for Bad Company 2 as the 1942 community was becoming incredibly small and no one in the clan I'm with was playing it anymore.

Nothing beats flying a Japanese Zero after a couple of hoots and wingclipping n00bs

did you play the desert combat mod for 1942?

Yep, sure did. Also Forgotten Hope, Galactic Conquest and Pirates

Bump!

On the computer side I'm playing a lot of EVE-Online these days.

On the tabletop side, we just started into Pandemic Legacy Season 2 with the sister in law and her husband.

I've been playing Civ6 on the PC & am awaiting the holidays & my wife's next trip home so we can start up Gloomhaven on the tabletop side.
    Giving less of a damn than everÖ Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

C2E SME

Civ6 is pretty good gameplay wise, but I can't help but feel like the UI is significantly inferior to Civ5. I've only played through one campaign, so maybe I'm missing something, but even something as simple as being able to bring up a list of your cities and sort by production or science is entirely missing. The trade route interface is a mess, too. And there doesn't appear to be a UI that lists your units and allows you to select them. Incredibly basis stuff, really. Happy to see the crappy happiness system gone, though. I found that drove pretty much everything in Civ5, to the exclusion of all else.

Rust. 'nuf said
    Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life