Thread: Songs that you never want to hear again [EVER]

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Songs that you never want to hear again [EVER]

Do you ever just want to tune out some songs because they get played over and over and you've had enough.

Songs like:
    Feelings by Morris Albert
    Girls just wanna have fun by Cyndi Lauper
    Old time Rock and Roll.... Bob Seger
    Joy to the World..... 3 Dog Night
    Anything by John Lennon
    Anything Country
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

C2E Long Term Contributor

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana - c'mon people, 1992 was 20 years ago, get over it

"Pump It" by Black-Eyed Peas - this song has depressed me for the past 7 years because of the Oilers Stanley Cup run that failed to snag them the Cup.

any song by Ke$ha - mere words cannot describe my raw hatred for this talentless and annoying**** whose horrible music has been polluting the airwaves for the past couple of years

"Gangnam Style" - nuff said
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Continued Contributor

Anything by Nickleback and Simple Plan
    Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

+1 for nickelback
    "diamonds" needs to die

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Most anything with auto-tune.

'"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana - c'mon people, 1992 was 20 years ago, get over it'

Really? Nirvana is one of the few bands that gets a pass to be played whenever, wherever.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

^ + 1. My Nervermind album is one of the few from my youth that I never get tired of, along with Daft Punk- Homework and Beastie Boys- Ill Communication, to name a few. Classic stuff.

Songs/ Artists I never want to hear again... Ke$ha... I echo SDM's sentiments... terrible terrible stuff. Katy Perry, The Biebs.. awful.. I love R & B but a lot of new stuff from the likes of Beyonce and others makes me cringe.
    Parkdale

'Old Time Rock and Roll' by Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by 240GLT View Post
    ^ + 1. My Nervermind album is one of the few from my youth that I never get tired of, along with Daft Punk- Homework and Beastie Boys- Ill Communication, to name a few. Classic stuff.

Songs/ Artists I never want to hear again... Ke$ha... I echo SDM's sentiments... terrible terrible stuff. Katy Perry, The Biebs.. awful.. I love R & B but a lot of new stuff from the likes of Beyonce and others makes me cringe.
    Omg i love you just for never getting tired of daft punk and beastie boys. And i havent heard any Nirvana in years and that was my junior high years.

Love Shack by the B-52s.

Achey Breaky Heart - Billy Rae Cyrus
    You're Beautiful - James Blunt
    Anything played by Kenny G
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    '"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana - c'mon people, 1992 was 20 years ago, get over it'

Really? Nirvana is one of the few bands that gets a pass to be played whenever, wherever.
    heh, agreed Ian. A good rebirth of some raw energy after the popmusic 80's.

For me the worst songs are anything by Madonna Lady Gaga, or anything by Muse or anybody that sounds anything like them. Can't stand whiny *** singing.

But more than anything I detest Muse. Whip out the excedrin, here comes another mass played song. There seems to be no in between with them. People love em or hate em.
    Last edited by Replacement; 03-02-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Jeez, I had no idea this city has so many Nirvana fans. No wonder the local rock stations play their songs every 1/2 hour. Sure, bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have just as much heavy rotation but at least they put out more music to choose from instead of the 2 or 3 Nirvana albums. Don't get me wrong, I liked Nirvana when they first came out and helped bring the alternative rock to the forefront after years of crappy hair metal. But overplay of their music plus that of their copycat bands pretty much killed them for me. Personally, Sonic should be playing a more influential band of the so-called "modern rock": The Ramones!
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I agree with SLTS being overplayed, though there are plenty of good Nirvana songs that are rarely played. Same with AiC and STP - Man in the Box and Plush are overplayed but there are plenty better songs by both these bands that you hardly (if ever) hear. Anything by FNM deserves a free pass, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Sure, bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have just as much heavy rotation but at least they put out more music to choose from instead of the 2 or 3 Nirvana albums.
    Are you implying that Nirvana needs to record some new material?

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

^ LOL...my thoughts exactly when I read that...tongue in cheek of course...

For me...anything that seems to need to practice excessive vocal gymnastics...seriously, we know you have a bazillion octave range...do you really need to warble and prove it every single cotton-picking measure in your song???? Seriously??? You make the Star Spangled Banner go on for as long as Meat Loaf in the Bat out of Hell days...(an album I am not tired of BTW)...OOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHH HHHHHHHh Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy caaAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAnnnnnnn youuu sEeEeEeEeEeEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeEoeoeoeoeeoeoeeoeoEE EEEEEEEE

...trying to find the original photo so I can credit...got this sent to me on Facebook...

..plus anything autotuned...so basically I am out of the music scene as far as the top 40 goes...damn, I am now old...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

Anything by Maroon 5.
    But one song sticks out because I remember it being played every 30 mins on radio when I worked in the office......"Lonely" by Akon

C2E Posting Power

There are a few that I didn't want to hear again - EVER - when they came out thirty or forty years. Among them are:

A Horse with No Name (America)
    Sugar, Sugar (The Archies)
    Sweet City Woman (The Stampeders)

And time has not healed those memories. I still flip the dial as soon as one of these songs comes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Municipal Man of Mystery View Post
    I agree with SLTS being overplayed, though there are plenty of good Nirvana songs that are rarely played. Same with AiC and STP - Man in the Box and Plush are overplayed but there are plenty better songs by both these bands that you hardly (if ever) hear. Anything by FNM deserves a free pass, though!
    What are these acronyms? FNM = Faith No More? STP = Stone Temple Pilots? AiC?
    If so, I agree with you re: Faith No More. Never hear any of their songs on the radio apart from the epic "Epic".

Anyone object if I add "You Shook Me All Night Long" to the don't-want-to-hear-again list? Or at least let's have a 5-year moratorium on any song from Back In Black?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Jeez, I had no idea this city has so many Nirvana fans. No wonder the local rock stations play their songs every 1/2 hour. Sure, bands like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC have just as much heavy rotation but at least they put out more music to choose from instead of the 2 or 3 Nirvana albums. Don't get me wrong, I liked Nirvana when they first came out and helped bring the alternative rock to the forefront after years of crappy hair metal. But overplay of their music plus that of their copycat bands pretty much killed them for me. Personally, Sonic should be playing a more influential band of the so-called "modern rock": The Ramones!
    http://nirvananews.tumblr.com/post/1...-canada-during

This was a good show. And then they got huge and influenced the next generation of crappy hair metal.

If so, I agree with you re: Faith No More. Never hear any of their songs on the radio apart from the epic "Epic".
    Yup, and it's a shame. 1992's Angel Dust is one of my personal favs and was groundbreaking for the era but other than the odd, very rare time today you hear Mid-life Crisis it doesn't get much airplay. There's a lot of gems on that album and it's too bad it doesn't get the same "rose coloured glasses" treatment that Nevermind or Rage's self titled debut gets'.

I never listen to local radio so most of these songs that are this thread are never heard by me anymore. Much better selection on satelite and If that fails, my 100 gb hard drive full of music in my car takes over.

It's pretty sad that we have about 10 stations that play about 20-40 different artists only on repeat all day. That with the annoying commercials and "djs" that strive to be even more annoying that the ads that come with commercial fm radio.
    Last edited by Medwards; 04-02-2013 at 06:05 PM.

C2E Continued Contributor

The list is far too long, but one that really sticks out to me is "Who let the dogs out". I don't remember the artist, but cannot stand it.

I'm not familiar with how the radio stations "choose" the music they play, but I had a friend who's dad was a DJ at a radio station, they would get CDs of various songs. They were all singles that eventually would end up being played on the radio. I wonder if radio stations are limited to songs that are put out as singles from record companies, even long after the album comes out.

Too bad that so much good music gets missed, because it never sees air time, or doesn't get much attention.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

can't believe no-one's nominated "convoy" or "YMCA" or "i am woman" or "the last kiss" (still can't believe pearl jam covered that one)...

damn there was/is such a lot of crap that took up space on the shelves and the airways but the absolute top of the "worst song ever recorded list" for me would still have to be paul anka's "having my baby".
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by lobbdogg View Post
    The list is far too long, but one that really sticks out to me is "Who let the dogs out". I don't remember the artist, but cannot stand it.

I'm not familiar with how the radio stations "choose" the music they play, but I had a friend who's dad was a DJ at a radio station, they would get CDs of various songs. They were all singles that eventually would end up being played on the radio. I wonder if radio stations are limited to songs that are put out as singles from record companies, even long after the album comes out.

Too bad that so much good music gets missed, because it never sees air time, or doesn't get much attention.
    Radio stations are paid to play if it's top 40. Record companies make money off record sales so they pay the radio stations to play their bands.

For non top 40 like classics that were top 40, the radio stations pay a licensing fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I never listen to local radio so most of these songs that are this thread are never heard by me anymore. Much better selection on satelite and If that fails, my 100 gb hard drive full of music in my car takes over.

It's pretty sad that we have about 10 stations that play about 20-40 different artists only on repeat all day. That with the annoying commercials and "djs" that strive to be even more annoying that the ads that come with commercial fm radio.
    You ever visit a bar with a jukebox or a trendy store with background music? Sometimes you cannot avoid annoying music.

Here's my list:

- Wonderful Christmastime, Paul McCartney
    - Knocking on Heaven's Door, Guns n' Roses version
    - Friday song
    - We built this City, Starship
    - My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion
    - You're Beautiful, James Blunt
    - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Wham

South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Everything by Boy George...GGGGGGAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!
    Country
    Country rock
    rap
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post
    Yup, and it's a shame. 1992's Angel Dust is one of my personal favs and was groundbreaking for the era but other than the odd, very rare time today you hear Mid-life Crisis it doesn't get much airplay. There's a lot of gems on that album and it's too bad it doesn't get the same "rose coloured glasses" treatment that Nevermind or Rage's self titled debut gets'.

I could never understand it either. Faith No More was a fantastic band and deserved much more acclaim. More unique band than a lot of their contemporaries. I love how they merged a punk and metal kind of ethos in a way that few did as well.

I got to see Mike Bordin playing drums here for Ozzy. Close as I ever got to seeing FNM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Radio stations like to play things safe. Faith No More was too "weird" for the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Radio stations like to play things safe. Faith No More was too "weird" for the radio.
    cites Lady Gaga, Madonna, Boy George, etc.

You hear the same playlists on mainstream stations throughout the country, all of it directed from the centre of the universe. Pablum for the masses.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

All of those no-talent pop stars that sound like strangled yaks without autotune, Katy Perry being the worst offender.

Listen to her acoustic stuff (read: no autotune), and witness the most horrible music you've ever heard.

I'll put up with pretty much anything if it's real.
    Last edited by Chmilz; 05-02-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I once heard Cher sing Danny Boy. It brought tears to my eyes for all the wrong reasons.
    Brutal, that's all I can say.

Dont worry be Happy ...Bobby Mcferrin
    Cotton Eyed Joe ....Rednex
    Anything Country
    Anything Nickleback !!

Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

Simple and well put.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    can't believe no-one's nominated "convoy" or "YMCA" or "i am woman" or "the last kiss" (still can't believe pearl jam covered that one)...

damn there was/is such a lot of crap that took up space on the shelves and the airways but the absolute top of the "worst song ever recorded list" for me would still have to be paul anka's "having my baby".
    ...thanks....another monitor hits the dust as I do a spit take of tea! Yes, while I can adapt a live and let live approach with people and music, I can agree that if I hear "having my baby" that is a guaranteed channel changer...or the secret trigger placed in me by the CIA to go ballistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post
    Simple and well put.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    ...maybe...but like "art"...sometimes you may have to admit that your love kinda sucks! ...that's why it didn't catch on...

...yes...there is the whole industry pseudo payola world in music with the prefab whatever...but sometimes as in scuplture, or painting, or poetry, or whatever...well...the baby is just plain UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGLY... no matter how hard you try.

...there is lots of music I like that won't make the top 40...but I still like it, listen to it...and don't care...

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

...since we all are bashing one thing or another, Canadian comedian Adam Buckley does great send ups of our musical tastes, and snobbery...often catching us in our own hypocrisy...

...watch...laugh...enjoy...and then suddenly nod in agreement as you get busted...

"Loving you is easy cause you're Beautiful' - Minnie Riperton
    'Muskrat Love' - Captain and Tennille'

Rather than those two songs being musical interludes they are more like methods of torture.

omg ..............forgot about those 2 horrible ones !!

I have a question for you guys, what station is playing any of these? since you don't want to hear them anymore, because most i have never heard of or heard on the radio itself.

Well, a lot of this will have to do with what age group a person is in or what music their parents listened to. Music just did not start out of the blue when you became a certain age. Anyway you can hear most of the music people have mentioned on YouTube. Listen for yourself how awful it truly is.

Ah, but were these songs so dreadful in their timeframe? Or is it that they've been played to death and beyond on the radio? They were all hits, so somebody must have thought they were great at one time.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Well, for one, Achy Breaky Heart was dreadful, even when it was fresh in 1992.

I wouldn't have minded 5% of the royalties generated, though.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Only picking from artists/genres I actually like because it's just too easy to go after the Madonnas, Rebecca Blacks, Ke$has and Nickelbacks of this world:
    Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Money - Pink Floyd
    Legs - ZZ Top
    Tweeter & the Monkey Man - The Headstones
    Tom Sawyer - Rush
    Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
    American Woman - The Guess Who (and all the cover versions)

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Theme song from 3's company.
    Rolling Stones-Angie
    Bobby McFerrin- Don't worry be Happy
    Scotia banks commercial of some lame singer
    The Guess Who-"These eyes"
    Just to name a few..
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Anything by Springsteen. I like singers, not yellers.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra