Thread: Class action lawsuits against Bud for watering down beer

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Class action lawsuits against Bud for watering down beer

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Haha, its been water downed for years, just a bad bad beer .

Every time I've had the misfortune of drinking Bud, the only thing I could think is that it tastes like water. Calorie water.
    Go down a few dark alleys.

I have friends that drink stuff like that and Canadian or Coors Light regularly, and I just don't get it. It's simply terrible beer. There's a gazillion lagers out there that cost similar and are way better.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

TIL there is more than just water in Bud...

I'd rather C2E than work!

American beers is known for more water than alcohol for years , so I'm not surprised by that.
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Addicted to C2E

Quote Originally Posted by jagators63 View Post
    American beers is known for more water than alcohol for years , so I'm not surprised by that.
    ALL beers are like that. I shudder to think of a beer which is >50% ABV.

Beer all mostly tastes the same. The most important feature is the temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    So far from true it's not even close. Beer should be served at the right temperature, but being cold doesn't stop a bad beer from being bad.
    Last edited by Chmilz; 28-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I've never have drank Budweiser but I've heard rumors about their new parent company InBev who have bought up a whole slew of notable breweries and basically used inferior ingredients vs what the original owners used. They are all about market capitalization and making money anyway they can while producing an inferior product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbev

I'm not surprised at this accusation.

Every brand they've bought has been turned to crud. Keith's? It used to almost taste like an IPA, now it tastes like water. Stella? Used to be ok, now it's barf-juice. Hoegaarden? I remember when it had flavour.

There's not a single beer they make that beats the non-InBev competitor.

Exactly what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Chmilz; 28-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Every brand they've bought has been turned to crud. Keith's? It used to almost taste like an IPA, now it tastes like water.
    That's because it's not an IPA. I'm not sure it ever was but the company is claiming the name is 'traditional' and they won't change it. Confuses the hell out of visiting Europeans.

http://bgcanary.blogspot.ca/2012/10/...g-company.html

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

As I said, it used to almost taste like one. It tastes like the watered down swill all their beers taste like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    So far from true it's not even close. Beer should be served at the right temperature, but being cold doesn't stop a bad beer from being bad.
    I'm just not a picky eater (drinker), I guess.

Now you know why microbrews and craft pubs are on the rise.

I'm not really much of a beer drinker myself but I like the odd pint in the summer. At the liquor store I sometimes buy Stella out of habit, but now I will make my way to Sherbrooke Liquor to buy microbrew offerings.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Around 40 years ago the UK was in a similar situation with a couple of brewing giants gobbling up small, well established breweries. The resulting swill became known as Eurofizz, and gave rise to a grassroots movement known as CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale. It went in leaps and bounds, and before too long the big boys had to concede to a degree and started to introduce smaller niche brands. Today, there's an as good as ever selection of brews to savour all over the country.

I see these fellows in Vancouver are off to a good start.
    http://camravancouver.ca/
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Not surprised. Shoulda stuck with the best tasting beer on the market - Lucky Lager
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

I find this lawsuit very strange. In the USA, other than their Bud Light Platinum (6% as a "light" beer odly enough) product, none of their beers indicate the % of alcohol as it isn't required. How could any of the beer be watered down if there is no alcohol content displayed on the product. In Canada, however, such a lawsuit could proceed easily as the alcohol content must be indicated on the product by law. I don't think this lawsuit will go very far.

Yeah but these are Americans. These people run crying to their lawyers if they get a splinter or a hangnail.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Budweiser calls itself the king of beers. Not even close. However, they are the king of beer marketers.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA