Thread: Concrete step repair

Default Concrete step repair

The concrete steps at our front entrance are falling apart a bit. Any recommendations on somebody to repair?

"Gary J Plunkett" has given us a quote for about $450, including riser restoration, a new face on the bottom riser, and a protective coating for the entire thing.

Any experience with him, or thoughts on whether this is reasonable?

I'd rather C2E than work!

That actually sounds pretty reasonable.

We use Concrete Correctors for all of our repairs. They do good work, but would probably be more expensive. Might be worth getting a check price, but given the scope you've described, I doubt you'd save much, if anything.
    Parkdale

My parents just got there stairs coated in a rubber granular product. Im not too sure what the name of it is, as the condo board was the ones that got the step fixed. I can go get you photos of what it looks like if you wish.

Yes we will need bit more information than "falling apart a bit". Could be as simple as some topping conrete to as complex as drilling a pile and replacing steps entirely.

How did it go with Gary? We contacted him for a job and are curious. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by atrus View Post
    "Gary J Plunkett" has given us a quote for about $450, including riser restoration, a new face on the bottom riser, and a protective coating for the entire thing.

Mr. Plunkett is not someone I would hire ever again. He insists on better than 50% payment of his estimate up front, in cash or e-transfer. The estimate is the equivalent of a kid's sketch on a piece of scrap paper. Once he has the cash he isn't very reliable as to when he may come to do the work. When he does come it's never when he said he would be there. He used up an entire week of our time and put in maybe 8 hours at best and I think I am being generous with that number. Has all kind of excuses which are basically lies. After he does a bit of work he leaves for the day but not without asking for another couple hundred dollars. He took $1100 off of me and I finally told him not to come back as nothing was getting done. He buys all his materials at Home Depot so you may as well give it a shot yourself before you hire this clown. Doesn't give any kind of receipt or warranty in writing.
    Last edited by klr2004; 26-05-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klr2004 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atrus View Post

Mr. Plunkett is not someone I would hire ever again. He insists on better than 50% payment of his estimate up front, in cash or e-transfer. The estimate is the equivalent of a kid's sketch on a piece of scrap paper. Once he has the cash he isn't very reliable as to when he may come to do the work. When he does come it's never when he said he would be there. He used up an entire week of our time and put in maybe 8 hours at best and I think I am being generous with that number. Has all kind of excuses which are basically lies. After he does a bit of work he leaves for the day but not without asking for another couple hundred dollars. He took $1100 off of me and I finally told him not to come back as nothing was getting done. He buys all his materials at Home Depot so you may as well give it a shot yourself before you hire this clown. Doesn't give any kind of receipt or warranty in writing.
    Thanks for the review.

I have a couple of concrete slabs on our front walkway that is crooked and needs to be straightened out.

I'll talk to my brother in law. His mom is a realtor and she knows everybody for home renos and touch ups.