Thread: Kerry Diotte seeks feedback on May newsletter

Default Kerry Diotte seeks feedback on May newsletter

Downtown arena, potholes, patios and more. Check out my May e-newsletter and leave comments: http://www.kerrydiotte.com/2013/05/m...es-and-patios/ Please share this item. Thanks!

I'm glad that Council has decided to make it a bit easier for business' to have some outdoor seating.
    We are cooped up most of the year so when we get nice weather it is nice to be able to sit outside for a bit or a drink. When I was in Melbourne and Sydney, it was was awesome to be able to sit down almost anywhere for a drink outside.

C2E Continued Contributor

Considering that Mr. Diotte is running on the roads platform and fixing edmontons roads....perhaps if he gets elected he could have a true North-South freeway built....or at the very least complete the inner ring road. Hes got my vote if he pushes for this project.

Council has already approved a long term plan for improving Edm's main roads....
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Council has already approved a long term plan for improving Edm's main roads....
    Diotte will run on that, claiming it for himself.
    Don't feed the trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Diotte will run on that, claiming it for himself.

Yeah, well...Edmonton has a long history of delaying projects until they cost too much to begin and then are cancelled.

I would like the inner ring road brought up to freeway standards within the next couple years...if Kerry Diotte makes this as a campaign promise to do this....he has my vote.

...If he doesnt run on the inner ring road freeway, even a single north-south freeway thats connected to downtown would secure not only my vote but many many others.

Diotte lied. He said he would not open up the city centre airport debate back when mill woods was divided up into smaller wards. A month into the job, he wanted a plebiscite on the airport.

In the past 3 years all Diotte has done is whine, he offers no solutions. He is anti arena and will appeal to the "good enough" crowd. He offers no vision other than fixing potholes and snow removal. People need more to do in a city than fix potholes and remove snow.
    Stop illegal aliens! Enforce the LAW!

Mr. Diotte has no vision. All he wants is to do is fix potholes and run the city so it's just barely functional. He needs to realize there is more to a city than just smooth roads. Edmonton is growing whether he likes it or not and we need to grow in a sustainable fashion. Not just worrying about the car oriented crowd.

Mr. Diotte if you're reading this you need to stop pandering to the ignorant. You need to engage the youth in the community and by that I don't just mean twitter. You need to care about what the young generation wants for their city because they are the future. Young professionals are drawn to big cities with urban and vibrant downtown cores, not sprawling cities with endless freeways. Although smooth roads are important they are not the end all be all for a city.
    Last edited by Mla; 24-07-2013 at 10:44 PM.

C2E Posting Power

Smile

So - Does anyone know what Kerry Diotte is up to these days????

C2E Hard Core Contributor

As long as he stays out of the media, who cares

never answered e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeman View Post
    See here:

http://www.benchmarkcreative.net/associates/

If he's doing anything other than filling potholes with a city crew I'll be sorely disappointed.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    See here:

http://www.benchmarkcreative.net/associates/
    so he's working for the firm that ran his campaign communications?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Denman is his girlfriend/wife/SO or whatever
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Let it go people...
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

I'd rather C2E than work!

Yep, think the man has earned the right (albiet the hard way) to a private life.
    ... gobsmacked

Actually, Diotte is seeking a federal Conservative nomination for the Griesbach riding here in Edmonton.

^ And the downfall of the conservative party continues lol....
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

How is seeking a nomination a downfall?

I think EDP was insinuating that if Diotte is successful it would be bad for the Conservatives.

^ EJ just wrote an article on this.... my twitter told me so.

the person he is up against deserves the nomination. He put in way more work and is/was the constituency pres.

Oh my! Diotte, just don't represent Edmomton i any ways.

If he gets to the federal level, he'll do damage to this city. He has demonstrated he is not very savvy, and the civic loosing speech illustrated not much intelligence either.

He will be a back benched and a neutered puppet of the Pmo

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Oh my! Diotte, just don't represent Edmomton i any ways.

If he gets to the federal level, he'll do damage to this city. He has demonstrated he is not very savvy, and the civic loosing speech illustrated not much intelligence either.
    The comments in the Journal article are all negative about Diotte. This fool simply doesn't get it. Go away Diotte, you are an embarassment to this city..........................................