Thread: New Civic Politics Sub Forum - election run up

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Default New Civic Politics Sub Forum - election run up

Hello all!

Given that we always do a candidate ask forum during the election, and the fact that many of you wish to pontificate on who may run, or discuss specific ward issues, I have created 13 sub forums for this purpose.

Yes, it makes the politics page a bit unweildy as you initially enter (and want to talk about provincial or federal politics), but this at least kicks off the discussion. I will look to modify this evening.

So, start talking about issues in your ward, and of course, the race for mayor!

http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...splay.php?f=28
    Ow

C2E Long Term Contributor

Is it OK to post this here - Daveberta's got a good summary of who's running plus links to websites, twitters, etc

http://daveberta.ca/edmonton-election-2013/
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

The Ward Specific forums are for election conversations only.

Regular everyday items go in the main Municipal forum!
    Ow

I know there is probably not a lot of people from the outer communities on these forums but maybe to make then less unwieldy do all the CoE wards ect and then combine the counties and the smaller cities/towns/villagaes. So like Sturgion region would include bon accord ect but not stalbert. And the Stony Plain/ Parkland region (based on historical names) would include wabinum stony parkland county and spruce grove ect.

Just an idea to maybe make it less congested but also include all communities in the capital region.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

That is how it works. Each city has its own forum (for now), so St Albert, Leduc, Grove, Ft Sask, and even Stony (yes still a town). The county forums get the towns, villages, and hamlets therein (New Sarepta, Mornville, Devon, Bon Accord, etc).

If there is no traction, then the outside cities and counties will be combined.

The region itself is unwieldy, so it is no surprise that an attempt to make a forum for it appropriately is just as unwieldy. This is why I didn't go through with this a few years ago.
    Ow