Thread: Parkland County 2013 Municipal Election

Default Parkland County 2013 Municipal Election

Well as there is no posts in this forum about Parkland county.

As PC is in the Edmonton region its important to see what the political happanings are.

(and to see if anyone here is from PC)

So any news or electon drama post.

Also lol its Parkland County not County of Parkland

Default Parkland county Plans to Sink the CRB

http://www.stalbertgazette.com/artic...6019998/-1/sag

Parkland County aims to sink CRB

Court case seeks to declare board illegal

C2E SME

Nicely summed up:

“If Parkland wants to argue for democratic principles, they should argue for the amalgamation of Edmonton.”

Well domocracys also include provisions for protections of minoraty rights. Without these the 49% that is not the majoraty has no rights. (in this case the 30% that is not part of Edmonton). A true cooperative structure wil look at what is best for each and every community taking each communities needs and wants into account. With majoraty rule only one community matters and that's Edmonton where edmontons wants trump outer area needs. Cooperation comes with the fact that you need to make compromises and if you read the CRB publications Edmonton has a hard time doing any type of compromise.

There is a thread about simmiler topics alredy but maybe a duel negitive would be a better system with each part of the region amalgamating. So Edmonton can still do whatever it wants. but also it can,t force anyone to do its bidding. (individaly this plan makes sense to Edmonton as they Can't have any plan of theirs thrown out. But its good for the counties as well because Edmonton gets less of a veto on other matters. So its good for both groups what Parkland County is trying.

didnt you claim you had a degree in Education himser/craiger/dakine? Shure don't look like it with em speellings and grammers you got there. Choot em!

You may also want to review how a democracy works.

Also worthy of note to you himser/dakine/craiger/. This thread is about the civic election in parkland county, not the CRB, or Edmonton vs Parkland county, or whatever you seem to be leaning on.
    Last edited by Medwards; 04-06-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Lol I do not spend a whole lot of time on grammer when I'm in a hurry on my phone. lol social strudies teachers are notoriasly bad spellers.

Saying that all western democracies do have provisions to protect minoraty rights it is a core part of our sociaty in this day and age.

It's a topic that may help or hinder the election so I assumed it was relivant due to the political aspect of a county applealing a desision to the court of appeal against the province. It may be better served in the regional cooperation subforum however.

Personally my thought is the current council will use this case to get elected next time.

Quote Originally Posted by BalancedOP View Post
    http://www.stalbertgazette.com/artic...6019998/-1/sag

Parkland County aims to sink CRB

Court case seeks to declare board illegal
    WAA WAA WAAA we can't do what we want (which is to suck tax dollars and hold the city ransom)

This lawsuit is the best thing that could have happened. It will force the hand of the gov't. So my thought it.... bring it Parkland!! This will not end well for you.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

After reading this thread and some others a few times it becomes apparent that Edmontonians seem to really like being adversarial.

If we can't get some vitriol, insults or entitlement into a discussion it's just not worth having, or so it seems.

Little wonder there is so little cooperation in the region when some people go to great efforts to paint the picture the way it is.

The real shame is I think most people know that this approach doesn't work.

In my highly biased personal opinion

^ As much as its one way, its the other way too. Suggesting that only Edmontonians are to blame for this mess just shows how biased you are against this city and its people.

You realize that your post contains vitriol, insults andor entitlement itself makes this even more funny.
    keep on, in your highly biased personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    ^ As much as its one way, its the other way too. Suggesting that only Edmontonians are to blame for this mess just shows how biased you are against this city and its people.

You realize that your post contains vitriol, insults andor entitlement itself makes this even more funny.
    keep on, in your highly biased personal opinion
    Lets see, been here 30years and been involved in the community the whole time, Community Leagues, School Councils, Charity events, RWE and more.

Yep real biased against the City

Guess that's why I said:

The real shame is I think most people know that this approach doesn't work.
    Yep bout covers it

In my highly biased personal opinion

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

I think that this topic may have to move to Regional Co-operation, as it touches everyone...but for now and since it is here...

...having lived the County life in Leduc and Parkland...I can tell you that there definitely is the sentiment that Edmonton bullies. True or not, there is...

...having lived the Edmonton life, and being a proponent of amalgamation to some level, I also see the counties - especially on the periphery of Edmonton - take extreme advantage of the proximity of the larger entity.

...I also know how Edmonton - in fits of snobbrey and NIMBYism - has left the revenue generators out to the counties...only to lament this later and want it back...

...then we throw the "special" urban areas *cough* Strathcona *cough*...and voila...

What Tom I think is saying is that lately, many here in Edmonton that bother to get engaged, or write, or comment, or speak....often do so out of misinformed vitriol, or righteous indignation...and end up sounding like slathering, salivating idiots. There are many in the region that can and do want to get along, but they are busy doing just that. They live in Spruce Grove but work in Edmonton, come to Edmonton for shows...and I do know I go out to the Grove for things...mainly Jacks...but that is another story. In short, as kcantor says, Edmonton already "works". ...it is just those who wish to continue the spirit of acromony that continue to propogate this issue. I know I've learned a lot over the past 10 years of actually getting out from behind the keyboard and getting involved...the real story is a bit different that what is painted by the region's administrations...

...there's enough egg to go around...
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

So with nomination day over here is what i Know

Mayor- By Acclimation
    Rod Shaigec

Division 1- No Incumbent
    AnnLisa Jensen
    Sandy Hennig
    Bill Lywood

Division 2- No Incumbent
    Jackie McCuaig
    Norm Shaw

Division 3- By Acclimation
    Phyllis Kobasiuk