Thread: ECSB passes Capital Plan

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Default ECSB passes Capital Plan

"A spirited meeting with the Edmonton Catholic School Board could lead to some big changes in the future.

The School Board has officially passed the 2014-17 capital plan and the district operating budget for the upcoming year. Among the top things on the capital plan is the possibility of the destruction of 4 Edmonton Schools and those students relocating to a brand new school which could be built in the future."

http://www.inews880.com/news/edmonto...spx?ID=1971673

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    "A spirited meeting with the Edmonton Catholic School Board could lead to some big changes in the future.

The School Board has officially passed the 2014-17 capital plan and the district operating budget for the upcoming year. Among the top things on the capital plan is the possibility of the destruction of 4 Edmonton Schools and those students relocating to a brand new school which could be built in the future."

http://www.inews880.com/news/edmonto...spx?ID=1971673
    What a totally misleading news story! The "destruction" of 4 schools?? It's a DISPOSITION of 4 schools which will likely be repurposed as valuable community assests. Furthermore, the new school in a "future area" will be constructed within the same community - bucking the trend of building new schools in suburban growth areas. Building a new school in a mature neighbourhood is one of the most effective ways of ensuring that communities remain vibrant. What INEWS has done is taken a good news story and turned it into polarizing, shameful misinformation masqueraded as journalism.

My kids attend one of those 4 schools and I think this is one of the best plans! The 4 schools are each so old and in need of massive upgrades. Each is using only 1/5th of their building space. The new school is to be on a site already owned by ECSD and falls almost directly in the middle of where the 4 current schools are situated. I am very excited and hope this comes about within the timeframe needed so my kids can benefit from this! how often does a mature area get handed a brand new building? What a boon for us!