Thread: Kim Krushell not running

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Kim Krushell not running

I've heard Krushell will announce her plans tomorrow
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

She's not running again.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Teenage son and ailing parent-in-laws are reasons why Krushell is leaving politics. I agree with Staples, she'd be a strong Mayor.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...879/story.html
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Addicted to C2E

I am sad to hear this . I can understand her reasons . I really appreciated Coun. Krushell in her approach when the Walmart was proposed for eaux Claires . We now have a reasonable sized complex with a 24 hour drug mart , a cobs bread and a famoso pizza place with none of the extreme traffic that would have resulted with the Wal mart.

As it played out , a new full size Wal mart is close by in newly developing area with access to the Henday and the Northgate Zellers converted to a small size wal mart . Win /Win

C2E Continued Contributor

Ugh the only person to announce they will be running in Ward 2 at this point is Nita Jalkanen, and her "platform" sounds horrible. I can only imagine her and Diotte getting elected together D:

P.S. I'm not actually sure if she has even released a platform. I am just not impressed with what she stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mla View Post
    Ugh the only person to announce they will be running in Ward 2 at this point is Nita Jalkanen, and her "platform" sounds horrible. I can only imagine her and Diotte getting elected together D:

P.S. I'm not actually sure if she has even released a platform. I am just not impressed with what she stands for.
    From what I understand she is getting some solid grass roots support at this point. I'm not surprised.

But if Ward 2 holds to it's traditional pattern you'll see at least (2)/(3) others running if not more.

In my highly biased personal opinion

C2E Continued Contributor

This scares me. If she gets elected I'm moving out of this city. I have almost lost hope. The majority of Edmontonians seem happy with a barely functional, status quo city. The majority of citizens don't want anything to change or Edmonton to grow at all.

P.S. I might be over exaggerating but sheesh

C2E SME

I think Ward 2 needed Krushell, even if some people didn't appreciate her. It's sad to see her perceived as having an "I'm better than you" attitude when what she really wanted was to move Edmonton into the future.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Karen is a good councillor. I don't get the hate.