Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 4,001 to 4,035 of 4035

Thread: Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post
    Was there ever a rough "Price Tag" on stantec? Im curious what the cost is on a per floor basis.

im having a hard time understanding why units start from the 300,000 - unless is really does come down to cost.
    I could be remembering wrong, but the first floor of each floor plan "prices start from" then add 5-7K per floor. Don't know if the cost per floor increased the higher you went, as I didn't look past the 45th floor. Its been six months since I said F no to a 800K unit there, in favor of buying one 20ft2 bigger in the Ultima for about 300K less. Thats a lot of beer money...

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

University of Alberta Earth and Atmospheric Sciences weather camera ( Used with permission). A unique angle to our Skyline. Impact of Stantec and JW apparent.

Skyscraper Enthusiast

I'd rather C2E than work!

The Hendrix really made a difference at that angle as well. I like how deep underground the LRT is when it comes out of the side of the embankment. Too bad it wasn't all deep underground. lol
    Last edited by Drumbones; 08-02-2018 at 10:33 PM.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Great to see if those numbers are firm.

^many developers hold units or withhold them for marketing/sales initiatives...
    You do, of course, realize that those two possibilities are basically polar opposites ?

^^ Right about Hendrix. The Symphony and it's blue glass is going to look great from that angle as well. I'll update these shots periodically to show the progress of Stantec and these other projects from this unique perspective. Thanks to UofA Earth and Sciences for the permission to use the shots.
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

C2E Long Term Contributor

New condominium apartment sales in Edmonton grew over 60% in 2017, the largest percentage growth of the markets tracked, with 1,289 units sold last year. This significant increase was connected to the downtown condo market where the new Rogers Centre attracted buyers to the city’s core, with sales increasing by 160% year over year. The suburban areas of Edmonton were still dealing with a large supply of inventory and sales were relatively flat compared to 2016.

http://www.altusgroup.com/press_rele...canada-in-2017
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Very intetesting. I wonder if the completion of our two tall structures and the I-district will continue that momentum?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

C2E Posting Power

Judging from an admittedly-distant vantage point on East Henday, looks like Stantec may have reached the same height as Manulife.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

New condominium apartment sales in Edmonton grew over 60% in 2017, the largest percentage growth of the markets tracked, with 1,289 units sold last year. This significant increase was connected to the downtown condo market where the new Rogers Centre attracted buyers to the cityís core, with sales increasing by 160% year over year. The suburban areas of Edmonton were still dealing with a large supply of inventory and sales were relatively flat compared to 2016.

http://www.altusgroup.com/press_rele...canada-in-2017
    Too bad they got the name of the arena wrong.

Still, good news here. I expect we will see continuing development, especially if this tower is sold and the developer uses the funds to continue building.

^That's what I expect to happen. Sell it at it's highest value.

That would be a historic sale for Edmonton.
    www.decl.org

Do you think this means that Katz et al. are easing out of Edmonton real estate in general, for example, the proposed development north of the arena? I don't know much about the backstory at all so have no sense one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    ^That's what I expect to happen. Sell it at it's highest value.

That would be a historic sale for Edmonton.
    If it's being sold at its' highest value, then what incentive would anyone have in purchasing?

Reality is we don't know how the market will respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Back in Town View Post
    Do you think this means that Katz et al. are easing out of Edmonton real estate in general, for example, the proposed development north of the arena? I don't know much about the backstory at all so have no sense one way or the other.
    This is what I thought at first but it's possible that they want the extra capital to invest further towards Phase 2. At least, I'm hoping so. My understanding is that they're selling office which includes the Stantec office portion but not the Sky Residences above and the COE tower which is strictly office. Aside from JW, This may be a transition for Katz/One to be residential/condos from this point forward. What do I know though?..lol
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
    This is what I thought at first but it's possible that they want the extra capital to invest further towards Phase 2. At least, I'm hoping so. My understanding is that they're selling office which includes the Stantec office portion but not the Sky Residences above and the COE tower which is strictly office. Aside from JW, This may be a transition for Katz/One to be residential/condos from this point forward. What do I know though?..lol
    It's tough to say whether they're leaving Edmonton. I've heard rumours that Tower B may not be going ahead due to costs being too high, so I'm not sure what that means for phase 2.

If I was them, I would build it in Toronto or Vancouver where labour is 30% cheaper and they can sell it for 30% more.
    Last edited by mattyw; 13-02-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Iíve been trying to stay positive about Tower B for awhile now but there has been at least 2 full months of almost no activity at all. I have absolutely no info on it but Iím getting worried. The fact that people who usually know things on here havenít really addressed this is a red flag for me. I want to be wrong or overreacting so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Rizza View Post
    Iíve been trying to stay positive about Tower B for awhile now but there has been at least 2 full months of almost no activity at all. I have absolutely no info on it but Iím getting worried. The fact that people who usually know things on here havenít really addressed this is a red flag for me. I want to be wrong or overreacting so bad!
    Agreed. Whatever's happening behind the scenes, it's been kept very quiet with few, if any, leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw View Post
    It's tough to say whether they're leaving Edmonton. I've heard rumours that Tower B may not be going ahead due to costs being too high, so I'm not sure what that means for phase 2.

If I was them, I would build it in Toronto or Vancouver where labour is 30% cheaper and they can sell it for 30% more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Rizza View Post
    I’ve been trying to stay positive about Tower B for awhile now but there has been at least 2 full months of almost no activity at all. I have absolutely no info on it but I’m getting worried. The fact that people who usually know things on here haven’t really addressed this is a red flag for me. I want to be wrong or overreacting so bad!
    Yes, Tower B has been a concern of mine as well and I don't want to overreact either. I've heard Q2 but who knows. Let's say if there's a chance they decide to leave the Edmonton market, it's been one hell of a ride in the huge investment they put in to our core. That investment spurred on other development within the core and with even more to come. We're talking investment in the billions since this all began in 2014. They've made such a positive mark on our downtown core that I can only be thankful for what they've done.Even if they decide to stop now.
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw View Post

On the plus side I'd also add that the condos on both JW and Stantec have been selling extremely well so it would seem a little strange that they'd struggle with Tower B so much. Who knows, maybe they're adding more higher end units to Tower B. I like to be an optimist.

I'd rather C2E than work!

There's activity happening, I drive by it almost everyday and have seen Graham trucks and guys on site.

Whats the rush though? Delay construction by a month or two and you won't have to deal with winter construction.

Quote Originally Posted by barhonda View Post
    Whats the rush though? Delay construction by a month or two and you won't have to deal with winter construction.
    Winter slows down ground work the most, and thats already complete in this case. it sucks for concrete work, but no matter what the construction cycle will hit one winter atleast once.
    Last edited by S3RI3S; 16-02-2018 at 06:01 PM. Reason: english

Good afternoon YEG..Feb16....(University of Alberta Earth and Atmospheric Sciences weather camera, used with permission)..

Skyscraper Enthusiast

www.decl.org

C2E Continued Contributor

What kind of cladding do we expect to envelope the elevator shaft on the North face?
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

C2E SME

Vinyl siding?
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Posting Power

Brick "wallpaper" perhaps?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    What kind of cladding do we expect to envelope the elevator shaft on the North face?
    full rainscreen beige stucco?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    full rainscreen beige stucco?
    30 odd storey aurora graphic

C2E Posting Power

Peregrine Pointe refrigerator green?

Kidding aside, not sure where exactly the elevator shaft is... but will the elevator have a view at each floor where it looks like there are openings?
    i love lamp

www.decl.org

C2E Continued Contributor

Damn fine ideas for its racing stripe gents. All will make it go much faster.

www.decl.org

Looks like they are either erecting a new crane on top of Stantec, or the current one is getting another boost.

Curious, a construction animation for Stantec from a while back showed two cranes along the north and south sides of the building for the construction of the SKY residence portion. Is that still the plan, or will they just keep boosting the current crane in the same position?

EDIT: Not a new crane. The current one just got another boost.
    Last edited by Concrete Jungle; Yesterday at 01:57 PM.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041