Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,100 of 4988

Thread: Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post
    Was there ever a rough "Price Tag" on stantec? Im curious what the cost is on a per floor basis.

im having a hard time understanding why units start from the 300,000 - unless is really does come down to cost.
    I could be remembering wrong, but the first floor of each floor plan "prices start from" then add 5-7K per floor. Don't know if the cost per floor increased the higher you went, as I didn't look past the 45th floor. Its been six months since I said F no to a 800K unit there, in favor of buying one 20ft2 bigger in the Ultima for about 300K less. Thats a lot of beer money...

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

University of Alberta Earth and Atmospheric Sciences weather camera ( Used with permission). A unique angle to our Skyline. Impact of Stantec and JW apparent.

Skyscraper Enthusiast

I'd rather C2E than work!

The Hendrix really made a difference at that angle as well. I like how deep underground the LRT is when it comes out of the side of the embankment. Too bad it wasn't all deep underground. lol
    Last edited by Drumbones; 08-02-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Great to see if those numbers are firm.

^many developers hold units or withhold them for marketing/sales initiatives...
    You do, of course, realize that those two possibilities are basically polar opposites ?

^^ Right about Hendrix. The Symphony and it's blue glass is going to look great from that angle as well. I'll update these shots periodically to show the progress of Stantec and these other projects from this unique perspective. Thanks to UofA Earth and Sciences for the permission to use the shots.
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

C2E Long Term Contributor

New condominium apartment sales in Edmonton grew over 60% in 2017, the largest percentage growth of the markets tracked, with 1,289 units sold last year. This significant increase was connected to the downtown condo market where the new Rogers Centre attracted buyers to the city’s core, with sales increasing by 160% year over year. The suburban areas of Edmonton were still dealing with a large supply of inventory and sales were relatively flat compared to 2016.

http://www.altusgroup.com/press_rele...canada-in-2017
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Very intetesting. I wonder if the completion of our two tall structures and the I-district will continue that momentum?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

C2E Posting Power

Judging from an admittedly-distant vantage point on East Henday, looks like Stantec may have reached the same height as Manulife.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

New condominium apartment sales in Edmonton grew over 60% in 2017, the largest percentage growth of the markets tracked, with 1,289 units sold last year. This significant increase was connected to the downtown condo market where the new Rogers Centre attracted buyers to the cityís core, with sales increasing by 160% year over year. The suburban areas of Edmonton were still dealing with a large supply of inventory and sales were relatively flat compared to 2016.

http://www.altusgroup.com/press_rele...canada-in-2017
    Too bad they got the name of the arena wrong.

Still, good news here. I expect we will see continuing development, especially if this tower is sold and the developer uses the funds to continue building.

^That's what I expect to happen. Sell it at it's highest value.

That would be a historic sale for Edmonton.
    www.decl.org

Do you think this means that Katz et al. are easing out of Edmonton real estate in general, for example, the proposed development north of the arena? I don't know much about the backstory at all so have no sense one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    ^That's what I expect to happen. Sell it at it's highest value.

That would be a historic sale for Edmonton.
    If it's being sold at its' highest value, then what incentive would anyone have in purchasing?

Reality is we don't know how the market will respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Back in Town View Post
    Do you think this means that Katz et al. are easing out of Edmonton real estate in general, for example, the proposed development north of the arena? I don't know much about the backstory at all so have no sense one way or the other.
    This is what I thought at first but it's possible that they want the extra capital to invest further towards Phase 2. At least, I'm hoping so. My understanding is that they're selling office which includes the Stantec office portion but not the Sky Residences above and the COE tower which is strictly office. Aside from JW, This may be a transition for Katz/One to be residential/condos from this point forward. What do I know though?..lol
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
    This is what I thought at first but it's possible that they want the extra capital to invest further towards Phase 2. At least, I'm hoping so. My understanding is that they're selling office which includes the Stantec office portion but not the Sky Residences above and the COE tower which is strictly office. Aside from JW, This may be a transition for Katz/One to be residential/condos from this point forward. What do I know though?..lol
    It's tough to say whether they're leaving Edmonton. I've heard rumours that Tower B may not be going ahead due to costs being too high, so I'm not sure what that means for phase 2.

If I was them, I would build it in Toronto or Vancouver where labour is 30% cheaper and they can sell it for 30% more.
    Last edited by mattyw; 13-02-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Iíve been trying to stay positive about Tower B for awhile now but there has been at least 2 full months of almost no activity at all. I have absolutely no info on it but Iím getting worried. The fact that people who usually know things on here havenít really addressed this is a red flag for me. I want to be wrong or overreacting so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Rizza View Post
    Iíve been trying to stay positive about Tower B for awhile now but there has been at least 2 full months of almost no activity at all. I have absolutely no info on it but Iím getting worried. The fact that people who usually know things on here havenít really addressed this is a red flag for me. I want to be wrong or overreacting so bad!
    Agreed. Whatever's happening behind the scenes, it's been kept very quiet with few, if any, leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw View Post
    It's tough to say whether they're leaving Edmonton. I've heard rumours that Tower B may not be going ahead due to costs being too high, so I'm not sure what that means for phase 2.

If I was them, I would build it in Toronto or Vancouver where labour is 30% cheaper and they can sell it for 30% more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Rizza View Post
    I’ve been trying to stay positive about Tower B for awhile now but there has been at least 2 full months of almost no activity at all. I have absolutely no info on it but I’m getting worried. The fact that people who usually know things on here haven’t really addressed this is a red flag for me. I want to be wrong or overreacting so bad!
    Yes, Tower B has been a concern of mine as well and I don't want to overreact either. I've heard Q2 but who knows. Let's say if there's a chance they decide to leave the Edmonton market, it's been one hell of a ride in the huge investment they put in to our core. That investment spurred on other development within the core and with even more to come. We're talking investment in the billions since this all began in 2014. They've made such a positive mark on our downtown core that I can only be thankful for what they've done.Even if they decide to stop now.
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw View Post

On the plus side I'd also add that the condos on both JW and Stantec have been selling extremely well so it would seem a little strange that they'd struggle with Tower B so much. Who knows, maybe they're adding more higher end units to Tower B. I like to be an optimist.

There's activity happening, I drive by it almost everyday and have seen Graham trucks and guys on site.

Whats the rush though? Delay construction by a month or two and you won't have to deal with winter construction.

Quote Originally Posted by barhonda View Post
    Whats the rush though? Delay construction by a month or two and you won't have to deal with winter construction.
    Winter slows down ground work the most, and thats already complete in this case. it sucks for concrete work, but no matter what the construction cycle will hit one winter atleast once.
    Last edited by S3RI3S; 16-02-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: english

Good afternoon YEG..Feb16....(University of Alberta Earth and Atmospheric Sciences weather camera, used with permission)..

Skyscraper Enthusiast

www.decl.org

C2E Continued Contributor

What kind of cladding do we expect to envelope the elevator shaft on the North face?
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

C2E SME

Vinyl siding?
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Posting Power

Brick "wallpaper" perhaps?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    What kind of cladding do we expect to envelope the elevator shaft on the North face?
    full rainscreen beige stucco?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    full rainscreen beige stucco?
    30 odd storey aurora graphic

C2E Posting Power

Peregrine Pointe refrigerator green?

Kidding aside, not sure where exactly the elevator shaft is... but will the elevator have a view at each floor where it looks like there are openings?
    i love lamp

www.decl.org

Damn fine ideas for its racing stripe gents. All will make it go much faster.

www.decl.org

Looks like they are either erecting a new crane on top of Stantec, or the current one is getting another boost.

Curious, a construction animation for Stantec from a while back showed two cranes along the north and south sides of the building for the construction of the SKY residence portion. Is that still the plan, or will they just keep boosting the current crane in the same position?

EDIT: Not a new crane. The current one just got another boost.
    Last edited by Concrete Jungle; 22-02-2018 at 12:57 PM.

New shipment of glass, right off the truck into the air!

www.decl.org

Anyone know how soon glazing on the SKY portion might commence?

Looks like they're pouring the 10th floor of SKY this morning; iirc glazing on the office portion of Stantec started around that floor count.

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete Jungle View Post
    Anyone know how soon glazing on the SKY portion might commence?

Looks like they're pouring the 10th floor of SKY this morning; iirc glazing on the office portion of Stantec started around that floor count.
    I'll answer my own question

Looks like glazing has now started on the SKY residence portion this afternoon.

No pictures....it didn't happen

C2E SME

I’m sure pictures aren’t far behind.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

^
    ^^

Its on the timelapse, looks like glass is up on the finned windows on the north side

Default Photos

Last edited by Adamantium; 26-02-2018 at 06:14 PM.

So if they're on story nine of Sky, and they're building one floor a week, should be a matter of months before they top out. Should be done in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
    This is awesome to hear! I didn't realize that they only had started sales in October for those condos.
    That is misleading, sales started before that if you were an Oilers season ticket holder and even earlier for some special people. And if you signed up for their early registration you got the chance to buy in September like I almost did. I canít remember the exact dates but the the season ticket holders were before the people that Registered early, October was when they opened n sales to the general public.

And I wouldnít necessarily say sales are going good if they had to give people 100k off or free condo fees for a year to sell the units. When I was at the sales centre most of the units were reserved in September, now almost five months later there are still a lot of units left.

I know itís common for some percentage of buyers to back out of buying. But the units were really over priced at the time, the unit I was looking at was a corner unit facing SW, 2 bed 2 bath, 920ft2, with one parking stall for 75k and the price was a little over 800k with tax. And that was only on the 32nd floor, the second floor of sky residences...
    Last edited by Kreation; 28-02-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreation View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
    This is awesome to hear! I didn't realize that they only had started sales in October for those condos.
    That is misleading, sales started before that if you were an Oilers season ticket holder and even earlier for some special people. And if you signed up for their early registration you got the chance to buy in September like I almost did. I can’t remember the exact dates but the the season ticket holders were before the people that Registered early, October was when they opened n sales to the general public.

And I wouldn’t necessarily say sales are going good if they had to give people 100k off or free condo fees for a year to sell the units. When I was at the sales centre most of the units were reserved in September, now almost five months later there are still a lot of units left.

I know it’s common for some percentage of buyers to back out of buying. But the units were really over priced at the time, the unit I was looking at was a corner unit facing SW, 2 bed 2 bath, 920ft2, with one parking stall for 75k and the price was a little over 800k with tax. And that was only on the 32nd floor, the second floor of sky residences...
    Yeah, that makes sense.

I didn't realize that they had offered season ticket holders and special people an early buy in option.

Pretty sure sheís passed the Epcor Spires in height now.

Way more expensive than Lambs and way faster in sales. This is in current constructio n; The kingless Lamb is cancelled. Extremely great sales if you ask me.

^
    From a distance. It looks taller yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Way more expensive than Lambs and way faster in sales. Extremely great sales if you ask me.
    You have solid information about real sales ? [eg... not "on hold", "right hand to left hand", "moved to holding companies", "spun off to re-marketers", etc - ie... not reselling or slight of hand]

I continue to be very dubious about their actual "great sales"...

I didn't inquire myself, but a fellow forumerr inquired and was told it was already 50% sold which was a couple weeks ago or so, so I was referring based on that. You could easily inquire yourself
    As per how it is sold is irrelevant. If it changes hands afterward, Im not here to argue those issues. I'm referring to a project being developed and accounted for in terms of sales as is.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 01-03-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Is that 50% of all units or 50% of all currently available units, given that developers generally can't sell all the units in the initial sales push? Big difference there.
    Giving less of a damn than everÖ Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

To be honest, does it matter? If you're developer and making money out of it, that is the objective. It is no different than when I was in the designing aspect. We knew how much was guaranteed achievement, but we strategized concepts to manipulate higher sales; and, if we achieved it, it was a bonus.

You're the one who's making claims about the "extremely great sales" while, by your own admission, you don't have any real figures beyond a nebulous, undefined single percentage.

Thanks for confirming you're talking outta your sphincter.
    Giving less of a damn than everÖ Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Stantec crane got another big boost today. Looks like it might just be taller than the top of the crane on the JW at the moment. In other words, the new tallest object in Edmonton

Anyone else find it hilarious they tried to blow up stantec today?

i think we have a few ****** off calgarians on our hands

It was an empty package. But I donít find bomb threats particularly amusing.

It was edmonton tower not stantec. And if you think bomb threats are funny you need to turn yourself in as this isnt the thing to joke around about

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post

It was edmonton tower not stantec. And if you think bomb threats are funny you need to turn yourself in as this isnt the thing to joke around about
    well, cuff me boys. honestly though, get over yourself. I have friends working on ice, PCL didnt even evac the site. The general feeling from the site was of humor.

I wonder if other tall buildings have these under every phone:

I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

IMG_5103 by BLACK STAR III, on Flickr

Did you follow the conversation prior to my post, or did your sphincter cherry picked so you could appear intelligent with that comment? Some posts above mine made a phone call inquiring of sales, and they were told 50% are sold. We were havin a discussions around that aspect of metrics . Assume much? This is something your split personality does quite well regularly on these forums. It is not the first, second or third time you do Shiites like this.

Did you follow the conversation prior to my post, or did your sphincter cherry picked so you could appear intelligent with that comment? Some posts above mine made a phone call inquiring of sales, and they were told 50% are sold. We were havin a discussions around that aspect of metrics . Assume much? This is something your split personality does quite well regularly on these forums. It is not the first, second or third time you do Shiites like this.

Also, I've never done Shiites. I did date a Sunni girl once though..

That is between you and my phones spelt check which I forgot to shut off.

How about that big tower under construction though?

A closeup of Stantec's transition floors.

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

The fins on Stantec are a nice touch. It is a pretty "boxy" silhouette though. Would have been nice to have some curved glass edges like JW has, even if just on a corner or two.

I prefer the two different looks as they contrast and compliment each other.

Stantec will look much more complete as a design with the narrower portion up, fins, lighting and the like. At the moment it feels awkward from some views.
    www.decl.org

I think many that are slightly reserved at this stage will come around once it is finished. It will look great.

JW Marriott has turned out better than I had expected, those curves and selection of glazing really hit their mark! Stantec will provide a nice contrast with its straight lines and other elements by mentioned by IanO.

Yesterday, while driving on west Anthony Henday, I thought WOW, it sure no longer looks like the downtown of old! Just imagine Stantec being almost 200 ft taller that JW Marriott!

ďA closeup of Stantec's transition floors.Ē Post 4065

I thought there was only 1 transition floor. IanO how many are there and what is the height variance?

I believe it is something like this:

28 is the last office floor, then a mechanical/restaurant and sky lobby and then residential above to 64 with 65-66 mechanical.
    www.decl.org

www.decl.org

C2E SME

JW really does look great. I'll reserve judgement on Stantec until it's done, but I can't see it coming close.

I think they'll both equal each other aesthetically. Aside from the curve factor in one of them, they're both quite clean lines and simple designs. Without the white bullion fins, i would confidently say it is underwhelming compare to JW/L.

www.decl.org

So Stantec....

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I moved several posts about the double posting of pictures to the archive. Back on topic.
    Ow

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I moved several posts about the double posting of pictures to the archive. Back on topic.

Stantec in the foreground, JW in the Back.

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Officially deleting my account. Have fun people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponto View Post

Youíll be back. They always come back.

Thanks for the updates, Ian. Appreciate the perspectives.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Not true at all.While annoying, there is no real rule against posting pictures in multiple threads, if they add to the thread. I guess I could cite memes and gifs that are posted multiple times if I had to enforce such a rule.Nothing swept under any rugs. I have all the posts in an archive.
    Ow

How are they finishing the backside of the elevator shaft?

Anyone else craving McDonalds right now?

Admin: i was not paying attention; what double posting are we talking about?

Ya I see the golden M and got a new batch of coupons in the mail today too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisnotmyuseridlol View Post
    How are they finishing the backside of the elevator shaft?
    Iím hoping for a stainless steel cladding with LED fins.

What was that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post

What was that all about?
    Just some kid rage quitting over some posts being archived

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post

What was that all about?
    Just some kid rage quitting over some posts being archived
    well arent you a hypocrite.

its because of people double posting images in multiple threads

Let the whiner delete his account. Who gives a royal ****, lol? Interesting he had to post memes in multiple threads to tell us about it though, instead of just doing it.

Why don't they just scroll past and keep reading?

Love this angle.

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

I think the ship is either tacking hard or needs to be righted...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

LOL...I'm lovin' it seems to fit this thread...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    LOL...I'm lovin' it seems to fit this thread...
    BA DA DA DŃ DA im loving it!

Pertaining to double posting, if that is the rule of engagement, lets apply that to all and no exceptions period!

He went out of his way to do this for our bennefit and behalf, so i think comments as this is not needed. That is their time, so i rather say thank you Ponto! I assume you will fill that role now that the whiner is gone?

Pertaining to double posting, if that is the rule of engagement, lets apply that to all and no exceptions period!
    The photo has two projects uc in it and there are two distinct threads for these projects. Period.
    www.decl.org

I took a look at the mechanical elements of the buildingís envelope today. It doesnít complement or negate the design in any way in my opinion. Itís just there being what it is.

Building is starting to look sleek as it rises.

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast