Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,200 of 4841

Thread: Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    I took a look at the mechanical elements of the building’s envelope today. It doesn’t complement or negate the design in any way in my opinion. It’s just there being what it is.

Building is starting to look sleek as it rises.
    That's my thought was well. Once it is more complete I don't think it will be as impactful or distracting.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I took a look at the mechanical elements of the buildingís envelope today. It doesnít complement or negate the design in any way in my opinion. Itís just there being what it is.

Building is starting to look sleek as it rises.
    Iím a bit of a noob - what exactly are you referring to here?

C2E Continued Contributor

Taken with IPhone 8 from 105st at 103rd Avenue. Sunrise on ICE District

F1.8, 1/160th second, ISO 20.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Taken with IPhone 8 from 105st at 103rd Avenue. Sunrise on ICE District

F1.8, 1/160th second, ISO 20.
    Awesome photo! Thanks for sharing.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

The latest thread derail is 52 posts long. I will repost these in a different forum, but only after some commentary. Please return to talking about the Stantec tower.
    Ow

I'd rather C2E than work!

Thank you. Sorry.

Crown going up on the JW and the first bits of residential glazing on Stantec. You can see the operable windows.

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

^wonder if those operable windows are going to be casement or sliders? Hopefully we wonít see a smattering of open/half open window awnings on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Crown going up on the JW and the first bits of residential glazing on Stantec. You can see the operable windows.

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

what a joke , here we are all over again.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post
    Use your words.

It's also funny that you'd quote the post ensuring all of the pictures are seen again. Self-awareness on the internet is a unicorn, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whattagame View Post
    Use your words.

It's also funny that you'd quote the post ensuring all of the pictures are seen again. Self-awareness on the internet is a unicorn, indeed.
    At this point, the admin here is useless. im making a point until something happens.
    Either my deletion , or the rules are enforced.

have a nice day.

www.decl.org

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg

I didn't pay attention to Pontos' contribution, but what is wrong here?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Edmonton first, everything else second.

At this point, the admin here is useless. im making a point until something happens.

have a nice day.
    Care to cite the rule that's being violated? Because it seems like you're just stomping your feet until the forum caters to your personal preferences, rather than simply blocking the poster(s) who offends your delicate sensibilities.

This forum is an important reference tool for the history of our city. Twenty years from now, if someone wants to view the progress of Stantec, they should be able to go to the Stantec thread to see all of the relevant photos.

have a nice day.
    Care to cite the rule that's being violated? Because it seems like you're just stomping your feet until the forum caters to your personal preferences, rather than simply blocking the poster(s) who offends your delicate sensibilities.

This forum is an important reference tool for the history of our city. Twenty years from now, if someone wants to view the progress of Stantec, they should be able to go to the Stantec thread to see all of the relevant photos.
    Thank you someone with a brain and logic pointing out there is NO rule about what he is having a temper tantrum over.

Anyone else notice the very slight difference in the shade tone of glazing on the upper 2/3 rds? ... I guess, this could be attributed to the glass being from a different lot? Not saying it looks unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by TRtower View Post
    Anyone else notice the very slight difference in the shade tone of glazing on the upper 2/3 rds? ... I guess, this could be attributed to the glass being from a different lot? Not saying it looks unattractive.
    Could be the angle?

Interesting perspective and so right, so should they go to Stantec to look at JWL complainers? I think Pontos photos should be reinstated and an apology to him. I know i dont have time for such effort- only to have disrespect offered back.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TRtower View Post
    Could be that the lower 1/3 of the building's floors are completed on the inside (white walls) giving a lighter appearance.
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

I do notice it in almost every shot and angle, though hardly so (if at all) from the west front face. The interior being painted white might be what is making the difference, I guess time will soon tell.

I dont think so imo; i would wager on other towers surrounding it creating a shadow to those portion hence darker tones. Just review all other photos, and one can clearly see variance in color tones do to the affect of shadows.

Here's a comparison of Orlando with a metro pop. of 2.4 mil vs 1.4 for Edmonton. I picked the best angles I feel for both. There's no comparison to YEG. I will say though that Orlando's downtown is very nice within and quite clean. These are two cities I know the most about and am making the comparison for that reason.
    Last edited by cpnfantstk; 12-03-2018 at 05:06 PM.
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

low quality but still significant i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post

have a nice day.

Thank you someone with a brain and logic pointing out there is NO rule about what he is having a temper tantrum over.
    1. Descriptive subject lines and research into your posts are encouraged. These simple procedures reduce the chance of duplicate posts and ensure that other members can read items that they find important and ignore the rest

Subjective, but the purpose is the same

Quote Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post

Here's a comparison of Orlando with a metro pop. of 2.4 mil vs 1.4 for Edmonton. I picked the best angles I feel for both. There's no comparison to YEG. I will say though that Orlando's downtown is very nice within and quite clean. These are two cities I know the most about and am making the comparison for that reason.
    Was in Orlando's downtown last year.

Was underwhelmed - clean, but small. Didn't find it memorable.

1. Descriptive subject lines and research into your posts are encouraged. These simple procedures reduce the chance of duplicate posts and ensure that other members can read items that they find important and ignore the rest

I believe you're misinterpreting that rule (perhaps intentionally). The part that you didn't bold is pretty important. "Descriptive subject lines" helps the reader easily understand that a post is about Stantec, for example. In that thread, the reader can find photos of Stantec. The thread with JW Marriott in its title is where one would find pictures of said hotel. No if a picture has both towers, it would be foolish to randomly choose which thread to post it in, as each provide context for the other, and help create a more complete record.

Also, where it talks about duplicate posts, that plays into the previous statement about researching your posts. The intention is to ensure that people are not asking questions that have already been answered in the thread. That is what this means by "duplicate posts."

So, I think we can safely say that no rule has been violated, and once again we are stuck with you holding the forum hostage until everyone bends to your will because you are too stubborn to hit the ignore button.

Quote Originally Posted by PunjabiOil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post

Was in Orlando's downtown last year.

Was underwhelmed - clean, but small. Didn't find it memorable.
    It's almost as if there's something to attract people to Orlando besides a downtown. Whatever could it be?

Weat Edmonton Mall?

^Orlando has a West Edmonton Mall too? Who knew!

have a nice day.

Interesting...as we continue to discuss the issue of rule or no rule on posting of duplicate pictures in different threads, there is one rule that does exist. The rule about citing origin/ownership/credit for pictures posted on the forum. That rule has been violated by you in post 4125. To be fair, the picture from Orlando also does not have proper credit.

Can we go back to discussing stantec? If you feel a post violates the rules, REPORT IT. Stop derailing the convo.

@mitchee69
    www.decl.org

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by edmguy111 View Post

have a nice day.

Interesting...as we continue to discuss the issue of rule or no rule on posting of duplicate pictures in different threads, there is one rule that does exist. The rule about citing origin/ownership/credit for pictures posted on the forum. That rule has been violated by you in post 4125. To be fair, the picture from Orlando also does not have proper credit.
    you clearly dont know how PCL works.

Administrator *

Does anybody know if Stantec is still going to have balconies? They've almost covered the west face with glass on the first residential floor, but in the render it shows small inset balconies.

That image came from -
    https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/sky-residences-at-ice-district
    Last edited by Brody; 14-03-2018 at 12:34 AM.

C2E SME

It looks like the tower hasn’t reached the balcony level yet.

Also, a heck of a great view from the construction.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Accepting critique on my photos as Iím learning how to edit them without access to a laptop or Lightroom. Roast away my friends! :P

The balconies on the SW and NW corners are there. The inset balcony levels have not been reached yet.

Accepting critique on my photos as I’m learning how to edit them without access to a laptop or Lightroom. Roast away my friends! :P
    As you understand basic things like composition & technical things like white balance you're already ahead of the curve. Getting it as right as possible in-camera precludes needing to process photos.
    Giving less of a damn than everÖ Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Yeah I like to process my photos though because of things like haze and harshness of light. I like my photos being a bit softer, but I canít really tell on a tiny retina screen if they are coming out over saturated or anything. Iím without a computer until summer so a harsh eye would be appreciated!

Yeah I like to process my photos though because of things like haze and harshness of light. I like my photos being a bit softer, but I can’t really tell on a tiny retina screen if they are coming out over saturated or anything. I’m without a computer until summer so a harsh eye would be appreciated!
    Looking at it on a pc screen i think the pic you took is just fine. When i used to post pics here i never once edited them as im not the biggest fan of over editing somthing i have taken a pic of the natural beauty of the pic comes out haze and all keep it up bud.

Good to know! Iíll have my laptop back in a few weeks but itís still kind of fun learning how to work around mobile technology. I donít like how retina displays tend to harshen the constrast and saturation of tones so here I am over here squinting really hard making sure theyíre photo realistic LOL.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Yeah I like to process my photos though because of things like haze and harshness of light. I like my photos being a bit softer, but I can’t really tell on a tiny retina screen if they are coming out over saturated or anything. I’m without a computer until summer so a harsh eye would be appreciated!
    There are dust spots on your sensor at full size. Check out the spot just above the front edge of the crane, or around midway between the tip of the crane and the point where the crane rises above the building. Lightroom can take those out pretty easily, and/or clean your sensor.

This photo in particular make the building crooked, although I see that the right edge of the photo and right edge of the building line up. However that makes the left edge of the building lean in pretty hard, due to perspective. I would usually set the middle of the building/photo as straight instead.

Yeah that damn sensor. My camera has been through some pretty harsh climates from the arctic to the Middle East. Maybe I should spend a weeks worth of groceries and just go get it fixed. Thanks!

The highlights are pretty blown out & it looks over sharpened.

The retina displays on iPhones are actually very accurate and they’re not super saturated. Samsung phones are, though.

Yeah that damn sensor. My camera has been through some pretty harsh climates from the arctic to the Middle East. Maybe I should spend a weeks worth of groceries and just go get it fixed. Thanks!
    I clean my sensors myself & the appropriate equipment & consumables cost me maybe 1/2 a week's worth of groceries 10 years ago & I've got plenty to last me yet. I used to have to clean my sensor on a monthly basis back when I was shooting clubs/events/parties & swapping lenses in DJ booths.

That being said, it's a bit of a nerve-wracking process & I can certainly understand why you'd wanna pay someone else to do it, especially if that sort of fine motor control precision work isn't something you do on the regular.
    Giving less of a damn than everÖ Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Yeah Mcbain offers courses on how to do it but Iíve been deployed away from home for three years. I suppose itís time I learn how lol.

View from the Sunlife building yesterday:

^ Wow, nice unique angle! That would be a cool location to watch Stantec rise on the daily.

DSC07335
    by b/c, on Flickr

DSC07386
    by b/c, on Flickr

They are working on the 43rd floor now.

Photo by danschyk via IG
    www.decl.org

Into the ether.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Great shots!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

I want a spire. Come on Stantec cheat a little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Of course I am advocating for Downtown, it is where I live and my role. Unsure why that is so hard to understand for some.

Stantec coming Downtown is an incredible win for the Downtown, period.
    Of course I am advocating for all of Edmonton. It's where I live and it's my role here. Unsure why this is hard to understand for you.

Stantec is an incredible loss for Oliver.
    In this case, I believe the positive for downtown as a whole outweighs the loss to Oliver. The loss for Oliver will hopefully only be temporary as the Stantec complex gets re-leased to other organizations who may want a nice near downtown presence without the added costs.
    Last edited by edmguy111; 19-03-2018 at 04:07 PM.

W/O taking sides, Stantec's current abode seems much like the sort of campus digital media firms might love. I know none by themselves are big enough - but it - orportions of it - could make a nice hub.
    ... gobsmacked

Stantec's space in Oliver will be backfilled or re-purposed and provide new opportunities there.
    www.decl.org

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

All,

I do not sit here waiting for the next pee pee contest to erupt, so spamming me with threats and ultimatums does not sit well with me.

Keep this topic to Stantec. If you want to debate DynaLife, do that in the blasted DynaLife thread.
    Ow

Stantec's space in Oliver will be backfilled or re-purposed and provide new opportunities there.
    Because downtown is the only place that office space should be, right?

Admin lmao. Oh how I wish I could see your private messages.

Will the public have access to Stantecís rooftop patio?

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Because downtown is the only place that office space should be, right?
    Not at all, room and place for many locations, but our primary business district and that more should be Downtown is important to us all.

'As goes your Downtown, so goes your city'.
    www.decl.org

Welcome to beautiful Edmonton, AB, CA. Home of the worldís most stunning (non-polluted) sunsets.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Nice shot. I wouldn't say non polluted as we have significantly less pollution than many areas, but we have some as the reds during sunrise/subset during an inversion are also quite stunning.

...and before this derails...again..nice shot of the thread appropriate construction downtown.
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

I can see that they have started finishing the east side of the residential portion of the tower and it looks like the same glazing is being used to cover the elevator shaft.

I can only see a couple of panels but it looks the same.

Edmonton-henge shot Stevey? Even if not - great pic, thanks!
    ... gobsmacked

Well it IS surrounded by prehistoric buildings 😂 Thanks all!

E-Town by Kurt Bauschardt, on Flickr
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

great shot. appears to be taken from Yellowhead and 170st.

Different angle and wicket zoom in.

^^Or Yellowhead and 156 St? I've always thought that was one of the best angles to view the skyline

^ Graniteworx is out on 168St

I thought it was closer at first as well. But then looking at TWOS I had to recalculate my bearings a bit.

What Stantec will roughly be like when complete. (26 to go)

https://i.imgur.com/g3o0RgZ.jpg
    Kevin Foster on SSP
    Last edited by IanO; 22-03-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    www.decl.org

Looks about right not roughly imo. I'm really hoping BMO will be similiar height as JWM now. With Aldritt and the Procura tower, we might make our southern brother slightly nervous now lol.

My guess is about 170-175m for BMO.
    www.decl.org

My true expectation is 180m. But I would like 190-200 only for the balance skyline and not so much the size queen angle.

^
    ^^

Well, when you fellows get the project height figured out, be sure to let the developer and architect know !

Talk about jousting at (tall) windmills...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    ^
    ^^

Well, when you fellows get the project height figured out, be sure to let the developer and architect know !

Talk about jousting at (tall) windmills...
    Grab a coffee and wake up. In the meantime, let people have some fun. Set up your online forum then it is your playground and your rules. If im going contact the developer, i might as well design that tower too ; and I can guaranty a world class trophy tower.

What Stantec will roughly be like when complete. (26 to go)

https://i.imgur.com/g3o0RgZ.jpg
    Kevin Foster on SSP
    One serious looking skyline.. It commands attention from most angles now.
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

Doesn't It? Imagine Aldritt, Procura tower, and hopefully taller than Manulife BMO, she us a different city overnight. I no longer have to stare at the old stagnant skyline of 3 decades.

^and don’t forget Katz’s plan for the rest of the Ice District as well.

Itís a little sad that ICE 2.0 Will inevitably block the arena from our skyline.

If you ask me, as it is now, the pictures really identify Edmonton as a ďprairie townĒ with itís barn on the north side of downtown, and where the community goes to play shinny/watch the local boys play.

I dont see that at all. If anything ICE 2.0 with just add to the newly cosmopolitan look. It will go from 1.0 to 2.0...

Good guess.

What do you know? Don't leave us dry and hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    Good guess.
    That would make it 3rd - in between Tower B and the JW.

5th if Aldritt and Procura's tower goes ahead. If it is constructed before tbe other two then yes.

They are working on the 45th floor now. 21 floors left of residential, plus 3 mechanical.

I drove down 99st to downtown last night which i have not done in a long time, and these two towers make that drive look so different. The new cladding of Scotia place with its lighting peeping through just made the view so dense. Wow for my home root!

Quote Originally Posted by jason403 View Post
    They are working on the 45th floor now. 21 floors left of residential, plus 3 mechanical.
    A rather remarkable statement, that there's another 50% to be added to the height as the tower already looms so much over the rest of the downtown core. I am enjoying the perspective from different vantage points around the city; the scale is something that takes getting used to.

I reminded of once reading how Manhattan's twin towers were not particularly well regarded by many New Yorkers when first constructed but as time went on it became a part of the collective consciousness because it could be seen from so many points in the city. It became a reassuring presence and one could always orient themselves in the city simply by noting where they were on the horizon.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

www.decl.org

www.decl.org

^Who is this Ian Oyeg? Seems like he is an Edmonton booster or something...(Russian bot?)
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

I thought Stantec residence was originally going to have balconies?

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    I thought Stantec residence was originally going to have balconies?
    It does, just not every unit has a balcony this was changed early in construction IIRC. The lower Sky Residences west side floors only have balconies on the corner units till the 43rd floor, and the east side units only the corner units have balconies all the way up.

C2E SME

Stantec is catching up...
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast