Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,300 of 4841

Thread: Stantec Tower | 250.8 m, 823', 69 floors | under construction

C2E Continued Contributor

Wow. I wonder how those lower Stantec units are selling being devoid of any outside space? That seems like such a weird thing to cut costs on.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

I'd rather C2E than work!

The units are the same size including the balcony so one has more inside year round useable space or less inside space and a balcony. Given the options I would select the inside space.

C2E Long Term Contributor
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

www.decl.org

Fox Drive/Whitemud off-ramp

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

@CGWM_Muhs
    www.decl.org

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post

@CGWM_Muhs
    That’s a good composition for showing how massive this building actually is going to be. Sometimes it gets lost from ground level.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

How many floor left right now for this tower ??
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

I'd guess about 20.
    www.decl.org

First One is Always Free

Can anyone explain the concrete section running up the east side of the residential portion? I assume its just the elevator shaft but why is it not integrated into the building a bit better? Really takes away from what would have been such an amazing slender looking view from the north or south.

You won't even know that it is there once clad.
    www.decl.org

They are on the 46th floor. 20 residential, and 3 mechanical floors left.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamEDM View Post
    Can anyone explain the concrete section running up the east side of the residential portion? I assume its just the elevator shaft but why is it not integrated into the building a bit better? Really takes away from what would have been such an amazing slender looking view from the north or south.
    The elevator needs to run straight up from the lobby, through the center of the commercial section. Could have it offset or else it would ruin the commercial floor plates. Ian is correct though once clad you won't be able to tell its there.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
    The elevator needs to run straight up from the lobby, through the center of the commercial section. Could have it offset or else it would ruin the commercial floor plates. Ian is correct though once clad you won't be able to tell its there.
    I have a question about the core. There are openings on the outwards facing side on each floor. Do you know why that is? Is there a chance that the elevators would have windows to see the view going up?
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by gneagu View Post
    I have a question about the core. There are openings on the outwards facing side on each floor. Do you know why that is? Is there a chance that the elevators would have windows to see the view going up?
    Unlikely, appears elevators are further in according to the amenity floor plans. The windows on the more north end of the jut out are H units.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...BQYm1EV1JNS3d3

Quote Originally Posted by jagators63 View Post
    How many floor left right now for this tower ??
    I'd guess about 20.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Unlikely, appears elevators are further in according to the amenity floor plans. The windows on the more north end of the jut out are H units.

Elevator shafts appear to be south of H units, in the "jut out". So it is partially for elevators.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by mad90 View Post
    Nice job incorporating the logo in there.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Quote Originally Posted by AAAAE View Post

Elevator shafts appear to be south of H units, in the "jut out". So it is partially for elevators.
    I thought the same thing originally when I saw that. I figured it would be a pretty inefficient use of all space on the building though so I was glad to see it’s for the large units. No balconies though over on that side either eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post

No balconies though over on that side either eh?
    Very little window / floor ratio either...

Some glazing going up on the concrete (shear?) core:

DSC07410

DSC07406

DSC07422

DSC07423

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

I am so confused with the concrete core with the window walls in Stantec tower. At first, I thought it was the elevator shaft which is understandable to look like that. But then there's all the square cut-outs and now glass over them -which means they're actually units. If they're units, why don't they just look like the west side face? partial elevator?

It is hard to tell or know unless a detailed blueprint can be shown.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    I have a really hard time believing they are actual units, call me obtuse but it doesn't make sense. It screams eleveator shaft/core all over it.....I know....maybe it's to allow natural light into the shaft and the elevator cars have skylights in them.....kidding......

www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    I have a really hard time believing they are actual units, call me obtuse but it doesn't make sense. It screams eleveator shaft/core all over it.....I know....maybe it's to allow natural light into the shaft and the elevator cars have skylights in them.....kidding......
    Obviously it is the core no doubt about that.

The bump out is the elevator core AND where Unit H sits.

E: Ye gods, those are some terrible, terrible suite layouts.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

There is a 3D model you can rotate on the sky residence webpage...also what I highlighted in red should be the elevator bank.
    Based on what is going up, I thought the elevator area would have natural lighting filling the wait area. Rendering seems to say otherwise; just have to wait to see what goes up in the coming weeks.

source: http://liveskycondos.com/floor-plans/

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    E: Ye gods, those are some terrible, terrible suite layouts.
    no kidding. For the premiere price point that these will try to command, I had hoped for better.

The video and general topograhy dont tell much hence why i said detailed blueprints. It could well be that the elevator might have glass on the east side for the view; or perhaps cost cut measure. Concrete is way more expensive than glass...

You don't need detailed blueprints, just common sense & the floorplans from the sales brochures. The windowless southern part of the east side bump out is the windowless elevator shaft, the windowed part is the H unit on each floor.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    You don't need detailed blueprints, just common sense & the floorplans from the sales brochures. The windowless southern part of the east side bump out is the windowless elevator shaft, the windowed part is the H unit on each floor.
    Really? Commonsense? Explain to us what the bucks on the elevator side are for? That was the inquiry that i responded to.

I forgot who I was replying to when recommending the use of common sense.

Nevermind. Continue your poorly-thought out & even-more-poorly-communicated ramblings.

I shall and thank you!

The blank spot on the floorplans are for elevators & the second set of fire stairs (the other are next to the F units, highlighted below)

Common sense comes into play when you realize that a 66 story building has elevators, which take up actual physical space, plus fire escapes, which also take up space. So when you look at a floor plan & there's a whooooooooolllle bunch of units labelled but no labels for stairs or elevators & a big conspicuous, conveniently located space unlabeled on the map it's not exactly rocket surgery to figure out what goes there.

The question remains will they cover those openings where the elevators are with glass or as shown on the rendering? The opening would align with the hallway between the north and south banks of elevators so one could look out the window while waiting for the elevator if glass is installed.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Hence why a detailed blueprint would be nice. However, our friend, with his commonsense, believes that we were incapable of that. The blueprint would show if the elevater is right to the wall or if there are real estate between the elevator and the openings.

It is also commonsene to read and understand what people were talking about prior to engagement.

Hence why a detailed blueprint would be nice. However, our friend, with his commonsense, believes that we were incapable of that. The blueprint would show if the elevater is right to the wall or if there are real estate between the elevator and the openings.

It is also commonsene to read and understand what people were talking about prior to engagement.
    I'm not your friend & I'm certainly not taking advice on what's common sense from someone who can't even spell elevator right or conjugate basic verbs correctly.

Could it not just be windows for an elevator waiting area?

That's almost assuredly what it is, but Occam's Razor isn't really a thing to some posters here who'd prefer to imagine all sorts of complicated possibilities regardless of their plausibility.

It could also be for the view while you are traversing up and down on that elevator. It could well be a view while one waits, but I dont ASSuME.

+1 for Noodle/

I do say this building is looking better than I thought it would. I wasn't looking for the stars knowing this is Stantec, but it's not bad. It doesn't add a lot, architecturally, but it adds to the core well in many respects.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Omnipresent

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

If someone can post a picture of the Base floor of Stantec tower from this link.
    One can figure out how the elevators would work and understand that the window opening to the south are for the Elevators lobby on the Residential floors, and that the other two are for Unit H according to the floor plans.
    http://oneproperties.com/wp-content/...loor-Plans.pdf
    Last edited by Brody; 11-04-2018 at 04:40 PM.

^ It is not the elevator lobby, the elevator, or a part of suite H.

It is mechanical space, which is adjacent to the elevators.

^^
    ^
    I would tend to agree with Brody that it is windows in the elevator lobby on the Sky floors.

The brochure linked is actually for the office portion, so if you're looking on the Third Floor Plan where it shows mechanical in that area, that is not representative of the residential floors. Curiously, on the Third Floor, there appears to be a double door opening in that approx. location for access to the mech and control rooms. However, I doubt that's what the opening on the condo floors is for, because, as they say, "Watch out for that first step..."

The brochure for Sky Residences, although it only shows detail on the 30th flr Amenities floor, does seem to match up with windows at the East end of the elevator lobbies.

I thought there was 6 elevators that went to the top for the Residential floors.(As seen on the Ground Floor Lobby) But on the 30th floor amenities floor plan in this link shows that they only have the 4. It would make sense that there is mechanical to the east of the elevators.
    http://skyresidencesedmonton.com/SKYbrochure.pdf

And then that the 2 rectangle voids at Unit F and beside Unit A are for Stairs/Fire Escapes.

I think you were right the first time, although, as we've both acknowledged, they don't show residential floor details.

But the amenities floor, with just the 3 or 4 elevator shafts you noticed, shows the space directly East of the shafts (N&S) as some sort of space such as mechanical but shows a non-enclosed space, with the same floor material as the lobby, directly East of the elevator lobby as if the lobby continues to the East wall (with windows to the outdoor amenity space on this particular floor).

Maybe I'm just hoping because having a window at the end of the elevator lobby would add a lot of atmosphere, but I do think that's the most likely interpretation of the vague plans available.

If you so concern with that, look up your post # 148 on the BC boycott thread. Infact, i encourage everyone to read up professor noodles' incredible skills.

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg[/QUOTE]

Great picture to illustrate this point. You can start to see the Glass on that concrete jut out (Unit H). It would be a good indication that if the Glass continues around, that the Elevator Lobby would have a window on each floor.

Ian, I will guess this has been asked before, but how do you get such stunning pictures, I mean some of them are honestly breathtaking when looking at them on my 60" HTPC. How do you get access to take these as I have tried to figure out sometimes where you are standing and you must have an awesome all access pass to everywhere! Thanks for posting up all of these and all the others through out multiple threads. Do you have a website that one can view your photos?

Thanks very much, but my photos are pretty basic compared to the real photographers. I just happen to be out and about a lot and often bring my DSLR.
    www.decl.org

Good enough for me. Anyone who complaints, tell them to drag their sorry lazy butt, and do what you and few others do. Beggars need not be choosers is my belief.

This afternoon...

Saturday, April 14, 2018

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

Looks like Stantec will reach Marriott's height in two or three weeks.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

One of our local EPS Sergeants took a shot of Stantec in the fog this AM.

@sergeant_jones
    www.decl.org

Stantec
    www.decl.org

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Cool pic. That could go into a lot of threads and not be out of place.

^ don't tell Ian that or he'll post it on every single thread :-p
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

^ that's the joke! Oh look, this image has one pixel that has stantec in it. Better post it everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post

If you look close enough, you can see some guy holding a banana for scale next to Stantec

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk)
    Last edited by Medwards; 18-04-2018 at 09:04 AM.

LOL

All @ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

That construction elevator transition would suck.... unload/ load / unload/ load/ unload

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

@nov_projectCAN
    www.decl.org

@JodyMitoma
    www.decl.org

Ow my eyes.

Not my photo, but taken off my balcony by my best friend on Friday. The evening burst of light is kinda neat, but man oh man does it make driving east down Jasper Ave a nightmare for about 10-15 minutes in the evenings.

Indeed.

@thebinster
    www.decl.org

By my count, Stantec is now on the 50th floor.

66 floors is the listed floor-count on all current publications and descriptions, but including mechanical levels, Stantec is actually 68/69 floors right?

@uptown_one
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete Jungle View Post

66 floors is the listed floor-count on all current publications and descriptions, but including mechanical levels, Stantec is actually 68/69 floors right?
    A very rough Photoshop job but I added 16 floors plus a few more for mechanical. Should give a pretty good idea of what the towers will look like when finished.

C2E SME

Looks like the Stantec crane will be jacked up soon.

C2E Posting Power

@uptown_one
    Judging from the drawn window shades, it looks like a few of the upper storeys of the CoE tower have been leased now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian108 View Post

A very rough Photoshop job but I added 16 floors plus a few more for mechanical. Should give a pretty good idea of what the towers will look like when finished.

How CN tower steps back alongside Epcor in this shot makes Stantec look so freaking dominant.

Stantec looks much better than I expected.

Rough or not, that is a great job. This is pretty much how I envisioned it to be with silverish blue
    Instead. The height seem to be bang on as I just visualized roughly 2/3 of Manulife on top of itself. Thank you!

C2E SME

The crane is climbing...

Man, what's funny is that I still remember vividly being on this forum talking about the construction about the Quest condos. It was pretty much the only thing to talk about at that time. We've changed so much!

How CN tower steps back alongside Epcor in this shot makes Stantec look so freaking dominant.
    Seeing as how you're so tech savvy, can you do a south elevation view, and add in Encore and 102st centre renders to it? Im curious how that will look compared to how I imagine it.

To think that the CN Tower was Western Canada's tallest building until 1971. Now it looks positively stumpy from this perspective.
    Last edited by lat; 24-04-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Seeing as how you're so tech savvy, can you do a south elevation view, and add in Encore and 102st centre renders to it? Im curious how that will look compared to how I imagine it.
    Sorry man, no laptop until my co-op starts next week. It’s amazing to see how the North side view has changed in 4 years. Absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by nosepass2 View Post
    Man, what's funny is that I still remember vividly being on this forum talking about the construction about the Quest condos. It was pretty much the only thing to talk about at that time. We've changed so much!
    Yes, those were painful days when we were excited even for the construction of a stumpy little 'tower' ... while the city to the south boomed and continued to reach new heights!

The Marriott's reign will soon be over, short-lived as it was.

@ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast