Thread: Cheap Alignment

Default Cheap Alignment

Groupon has a $30 alignment sale going on right now (July 19, 2013):

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ok-tire-sherwood-park-2

Though I'm not sure I'd go with a company that uses a toy car in their advertisement.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I always get a little scared when an alignment is required.

Usually means you'll be replacing an inner or outer tie rod end, control arm bushings or some other part that normally keeps the car tracking straight.

$30 sounds like a steal of a deal.. if that's all it ends up costing you!
    Parkdale

^Alignments don't require parts to be changed. Broken parts require parts to be changed.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

^ Yes and no. Chances are if your alignment is off something worn is causing it, unless you've whacked a kerb or something.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

I think these sort of offers are always a scam to get you in the door, you will then find out about a dozen issues with your vehicle that supposedly need fixing ASAP.

Wonder what repairs on these components will cost you? I'm guessing a lot:

If vehicle requires steering and suspension components, the repairs must be completed prior to alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    ^ Yes and no. Chances are if your alignment is off something worn is causing it, unless you've whacked a kerb or something.
    Or in my case, since I just replaced most of my suspension and need a wheel alignment to finish it off

Can't wait to hear what they tell me I need done, since I just replaced everything. I bought the coupon, so I'll let you all know how it goes.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

^ Yup, please do. Could be interesting. Rather your wallet than mine, though.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra