Thread: Declined Ballot

Addicted to C2E

Default Declined Ballot

Do procedures exist in the municipal election for declined ballots, refused ballots, or "scratch" votes as they do in Alberta provincial elections?

Hypothetically, how would a person condemn the whole slate of candidates without having him/herself counted among the lazy folks who didn't show up to vote, or among the people who couldn't mark their ballots correctly (the "spoiled/rejected" count)?

Also, hypothetically, does spoiling one section of the ballot void the entire ballot? i.e. writing the word DECLINED across the councillor section but marking the mayor and school board sections correctly?

I noticed looking here that the city doesn't even keep a count of spoiled/rejected ballots, which seems odd...

Discuss.

^ If you feel that strongly run...
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I'd rather C2E than work!

I believe that these are simply tallied as Spoiled Ballots without further definition or tracking
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

I'd rather C2E than work!

Thank you Adam.

A most salient observation given the current mayor and council's abject performance over the last two terms, now compounded with the pyss poor calibre of candidates that have stepped up to challenge the incumbents to date.

Top_Dawg would go even further than make provisions for discarded ballots.

Top_Dawg believes that every municipal election in Alberta should have as one of the ballot options the choice of voting for the Province to appoint an administrator to run the municipality for the term in question.

Given the number of Alberta municipalities suffering from abysmal governance, this would provide welcome relief from the perpetual cycle that we have seen in recent years of voting in useless sacks of scatology - only to have the sole option of replacing them with even more useless sacks of scatology.

^ Again if you think its so bad... run! You can be Top Dog.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi