Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Race for the Mayor's Chair

C2E SME

^^^ Edmonton has an important decision to make on Monday. The quality of leadership will depend on the level of participation in these elections.

Gone are the days of the six ward system, where a marginal councillor could be elected on a second-place pick.

Gone are the days where some special interest group could hijack a initiative by city council at the eleventh hour. We do not need manipulation by these groups.

Councillors take their jobs far more seriously, rather than a stepping stone for a provincial or federal political office.

If Kerry Diotte somehow gets elected on Monday, Edmonton will regress back to these behaviours.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

^^
    Concur GenWhy? ! Im a male with a wife, family members and friends that are females. To insinuate I or other male would not have the best interest in that regards is just lacking intelligents.
    Who brought that topic up?

^
    SMD, this is politics and not a campaign for sexual escapade. Sausage fest? Come on and get real!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Silly article from Global. I always vote for the person who I feel represents my views, no matter their race or gender. Locally, those are men, but provincially and federally they're women.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

^Now that I think about it...me to. Weird.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Turnout at advance polls up 15% over 2010:

The number of people who voted in advance polls leading up to Monday’s civic election is up 15 per cent over the last municipal election, in 2010.

In all, 23,076 Edmontonians cast ballots in advance of election day this year, compared to 20,069 advance voters in 2010, according to a city news release.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...102/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
    Turnout at advance polls up 15% over 2010:

The number of people who voted in advance polls leading up to Monday’s civic election is up 15 per cent over the last municipal election, in 2010.

In all, 23,076 Edmontonians cast ballots in advance of election day this year, compared to 20,069 advance voters in 2010, according to a city news release.
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...102/story.html
    This can be viewed as a positive but one wonders if any of this is convenience advance voting vs having to vote in advance because one cannot vote during regular voting hours. This is starting to be a very huge portion of voters, already 10% of likely voters, and requires many more volunteers to enable this advance voting behavior.

Voting Polls are open long hours on voting day. Afaik employers have some responsibility to allow employees time to vote on voting day, so why not vote on voting day. I can see if a person is shut in or shift working out of town but other than that I'm not sure what this is servicing.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

^ that doesn't make sense. i am glad there are more opportunities to vote. this is democracy. people are taking advantage of it, so let them.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    ^ that doesn't make sense. i am glad there are more opportunities to vote. this is democracy. people are taking advantage of it, so let them.
    Advance polling used to have the stipulation that you ONLY use them if required and that you had specific reason that prevented you from being able to vote on voting day.

Operationally this has apparently been supplanted with advance voting now being convenience voting. With even K Diotte modeling this use.

Having been involved in elections polling stations I know how difficult it is to staff said locations. I also know that resources required to staff advance polling stations and many additional hours put greater strain on human resources available during ACTUAL voting day polls. This likely leading to more difficulty and longer lines on voting day.

Anybody that has had any experience in polling stations would know what I am raising here and why. More resources are required for advance voting than the actual voting day. Due to all the acvance voting staffed hours. So in essence more resources committed to service less voters.

This is classic illustration of the needs of the few out weighing the needs of the many.

Not even mentioning how actual elections can be impacted by advance voting that skews the final results before forums and campaigns are even completed. Advance voting also has possibly deleterious impacts including possible advance poll leaks.
    Last edited by Replacement; 20-10-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

As for Advanced Polling, my drivers license says one address (the one I'm registered to vote in) and I live really far away. So my buddy who worked all day Monday and could vote in regular hours, drove us DT to City Hall to vote, and big-bang-boom, no line up and all done!

Quote Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
    As for Advanced Polling, my drivers license says one address (the one I'm registered to vote in) and I live really far away. So my buddy who worked all day Monday and could vote in regular hours, drove us DT to City Hall to vote, and big-bang-boom, no line up and all done!
    Convenience voting duly noted. Further to my point above. Not saying I'm blaming you in any way either as nothing is currently stipulated to prevent people using advance polling merely as convenience. just saying.

Advance voting has changed. It shifted from an option for people that HAD to vote in advance to one where people WANT to vote in advance for whatever reason.

I wonder when this was allowed to change and why.

Ideal democratic representation and expression is ideally had on voting day. When election campaigns, devolopments, forums, are all said and done. Advance polls distort this process. If votes continue to shift in advance direction this impacts basic democratic process and further deteriorates election campaigning.

For instance advance voting STARTED on October 8, 2013. For the people that voted that early this pre empts the rest of the campaign, a full two weeks of that campaign. It renders election campaign process for those votes as null and void. What it does service instead is kneejerk, like, or dislike patterns of voting. Votes that takeplace regardless of actual spoken word campaign and forums.

Yet we wonder why election campaigns, forums, platforms are increasingly nebulous and lacking in substance. Perhaps as an electorate we are expressing that we do not require stated substance. That we will vote for a certain candidate regardless.

Voting too far in advance (not saying you GenWhy) may similarly lack in democratic substance. At some point, a look at whether a vote two weeks before voting day is as representative as a vote on election day needs consideration. I think it possible we are eroding democracy further the more we tend to advance voting.
    Last edited by Replacement; 20-10-2013 at 02:06 PM.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Low voter turnout and we dare to make voting more convenient...oh the horror!
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Went doorknocking for Don in Riverbend today - very strong levels of support. I'm feeling confident about tomorrow.
    In case anyone was wondering, the final campaign donors list was just released. Almost a thousand donors.
    http://doniveson.ca/wp-content/uploa...osure-List.pdf
    Go down a few dark alleys.

A day is a day is a day, in my opinion, and having people vote independently of thought for representatives of their choosing, when they feel fit with the information that they currently have, then in my books that's democracy. If voter turnout is up, that's democracy. My democracy is of the mind and the action, not the day a piece of paper is dropped. What democracy is not is when only a third of the population votes. Making voting "difficult" should not be a premise of the system. Having people drop their vote in a reasonable time with informed thought, then we all win. VIVA! I usually only watch forums for the entertainment value and to get a glimpse of what the "actual" public sees and uses to justify their vote. I'll well informed so I might be an 'odd duck', but the forum is a mantle of democracy, and if only 23,000 people voted prior to election day, then I think we're in the good books for how many actual eligible voters there are.

Just for fun here's my prediction:
    Iveson - 51%
    Leibovici - 24%
    Diotte - 20%
    Semotiuk- 3%
    Ward - 1%
    Acleio - 1%

This pretty confirms that I made the right choice in voting for Iveson

http://doniveson.ca/2013/10/20/final...-the-election/

Edmonton has an extraordinary education system from kindergarten to the PhD in nanotechnology. The arts scene is fantastic, unpretentious and accessible. Housing is still relatively affordable, at least relative to other Canadian cities. The river valley, sports and recreation, the romance of the dark seasons and the vibrancy of the bright ones compelled us to stay and build our family here. How could you leave this behind? Most of all, our economy and our business culture are open and inviting. Our iconic businesses, arts organizations, and social ventures have shown us that we can start anything, in Edmonton, and take it to out into the world. In Edmonton, if we build it together we build it strong. It endures. That’s the quintessential quality of this city.

We all feel this, but it wasn’t until I began making these presentations that it became clear, both to me and to others in the room, that we have to articulate it better. This isn’t just marketing. Making decisions based on who we are at our best can be our strategic advantage. It’s how we can solve our problems. A city with confidence, a city that knows what makes it special, can make the right decisions together — can build together.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I like Don but I'm going to give a woman another chance. I was pretty hard on Jan Reimer thinking I'll never vote another woman in for Mayor but Karen has all the right tools in her tool kit and she comes from my generation. I think the percentage margin between Don & Karen is closer then most people think.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

don posted some "final thoughts" and i responded with some final thoughts if my own:

Don,

Final thoughts on final thoughts? I will be voting for you tomorrow not because we have always agreed but because you have been reasoned when we have not and remained respectful when we have not. At the end of the day it is apparent that we both love the city we have chosen to live in and we both share a vision of how special a city it can be as long as we all work on building it, not simply managing it or criticizing it. Best wishes to you and your family regardless of what Tuesday morning brings.

Ken

whether you have arrived at the same conclusions i have or not, please get out and vote...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Low voter turnout and we dare to make voting more convenient...oh the horror!
    Apparently you don't comprehend the issues involved. How much of an advance vote would it take for you to recognize the issue? Advance voting Before the campaign started?

The last two weeks forms some of the most significant time periods in a lot of elections. By advance voting two weeks in advance that usually eventful time is missed out. To what effect?

Countless generations of people managed to make one day voting occur for centuries. We now have optimal transportation, more polling stations than ever, usually within walking distance, flexible work hours, and we can't make it out on a one day vote?

The new ethos seems to be democracy if its convenient.

I'm not sure how the issue I brought up re: advance polls is not understood. for instance the Ward 12 Candidate forum occurred on the evening of October 9. Advance voting commenced October 8. Is the problem inherent in that not clear? Are advance votes that took place Oct 8 and October 9 entirely informed votes?

I'm not specifically impressed with not supporting the voting process in seniors facilities in this election while providing advance polling locations directly in post secondary institutions. The cynical side of me views this as catering selectively to specific demographic.

This citation is American but raises some of the issues with advance voting not the least of which is that its a myth that it increases the numbers that actually vote.

http://academic.regis.edu/jriley/413%20early_voting.htm

heres another US link which explains some of the issues with early voting;

http://politics.stackexchange.com/qu...-pros-and-cons

From what I gathered the main arguments against early voting were:
    • It allows otherwise inactive / uninterested voters to vote,
    • Some states allowed people to vote weeks before election day, and those who took advantage of that voted without having all the information,
    • The integrity of the ballot was questioned, especially for the states that allowed absentee voting via mail, and
    • It wasn't worth the extra cost as studies have shown that it doesn't significantly increase participation (and it might even depress it).
    Now a link explaining how early voting may actually work to DECREASE total voter turnout, so we see that this is actually an issue worth re-evaluating in Canada as it has been in the US.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...turnout/65296/

It turns out that early voting mitigates the impact of get-out-the-vote mechanisms, and it also diminishes the impact of "Election Day". Voting used to be a public act of civic engagement, with all sorts of activity focused around election day, from exhortatory news stories to social pressure from the sight of neighbors trudging to the poll. One way to think about it is that voting signals something about you to others in the community, but with the advent of early voting, that signal is no longer so powerful
    The analysis of early voting is inconclusive but its worth monitoring and evaluation. Indeed jurisdictions have allowed this without properly understanding results and impact on democratic process. Clearly this is not as simple as it may seem.
    Last edited by Replacement; 20-10-2013 at 11:10 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'm voting tomorrow before I leave for work. Its a short 3-7pm shift for me so I'll be home before the polls close to watch the results.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    I like Don but I'm going to give a woman another chance. I was pretty hard on Jan Reimer thinking I'll never vote another woman in for Mayor but Karen has all the right tools in her tool kit and she comes from my generation. I think the percentage margin between Don & Karen is closer then most people think.
    Although I already voted for Iveson last week, if Leibovici wins I'd be perfectly OK with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    Just for fun here's my prediction:
    Iveson - 51%
    Leibovici - 24%
    Diotte - 20%
    Semotiuk- 3%
    Ward - 1%
    Acleio - 1%
    I would put iveson at 70%.
    The spoils will go slightly different
    diotte 20%
    Semotiuk 9%
    Liebo 1%

Wow! Karen at 1%? Not a chance.
    Iveson 52%
    Karen 27%
    Diotte 17%
    Also-rans 4%
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Iveson 44%
    Karen 30%
    iDiotte 22%
    Others 4%

If we were doing preferential or runoff voting (where you rank candidates from 1st choice to last choice) instead of the first past the post system, my vote would be:

1 - Iveson
    2 - Leibovici
    3 - Semotiuk
    4 - Diotte
    5 - Ward
    6 - Acleio

C2E SME

My predictions for Monday:

Iveson - 38%
    Diotte - 34%
    Leibovici - 25%
    Semotiuk - 2%
    Ward/Acleio - 1%

I think there will be some people who vote on emotion, which Diotte seems to evoke. Also, Leibovici will take a bigger bite than we expect.

Voter turnout predicition - 40%
    Last edited by The_Cat; 20-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Although I already voted for Iveson last week, if Leibovici wins I'd be perfectly OK with that too.
    I wasn't trying to sound sexist or anything. I just recall those dark days when Jan was Mayor. She set our City back 10 years. Smith tried and I liked him but but he didn't do much for my city.

I hope the out come isn't true but here's my take on later today:

Diotte- 41%
    Iveson -30%
    Leibovici - 23%
    Semotiuk - 4%
    Ward/Acleio - 2%
    Last edited by envaneo; 21-10-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Let's all get to the polls today and reaffirm what kind of city we want.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ I'm up and out the door with my voters card and ID as soon as I dress and out the door. I'm still undecided but my vote wont go to Diotte.

Partially Addicted to C2E

We will have to see how things go when they count the votes. I believe that Don will take it but Karen will be close behind. If Kerry wins, I will have to consider moving to (shudder) Calgary. LOL

C2E SME

I guess we'll see if Edmonton is ready to take this huge step forward. I think there will be a lot of new voters in this election.

C2E SME

Last election, I think Dorward got about 60,000 votes. I predict around the same number for Diotte tonight. If people stay home, Diotte could win. If voters come out in greater numbers, Iveson could win very easily.

ABCD. Anybody but crummy Diotte.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Last election, I think Dorward got about 60,000 votes. I predict around the same number for Diotte tonight. If people stay home, Diotte could win. If voters come out in greater numbers, Iveson could win very easily.
    Agreed, at this point apathy would be Diotte's greatest chance. His supporters are generally angry enough to vote, while those that can't be bothered are likely less extreme and wouldn't vote for him anyways. Apathy and complacency are Iveson's greatest enemy. The danger of being portrayed as a front-runner is that the moderate populace that would have voted for him may just not be bothered.

I don't know what to expect from Leibovici at all. I'll agree with most that she will do better than polls suggest, but her support is really hard to gauge since it generally seems to be less passionate and vocal than the other two main candidates. They are out there, but how many of them are there?

C2E SME

I haven't seen as many larger Diotte signs as Leibovici or Iveson. I wonder if Diotte fell short of contributions.

Last election, I think Dorward got about 60,000 votes.
    That was a bit of a weird election - a large portion of those votes were solely from City Center Airport supporters, and there was a huge organized push from the Envision Edmonton group to elect Dorward over Mandel. Their failed petition gave Dorward a massive voters list.

Diotte does not have that advantage that Dorward did.

We'll find out tonight, I suppose.

Diotte has been making his own voters lists...

recall the "sign up to report a pothole on my website and be entered in to win a trinket" and other goofball tactics in the last year..?

My predictions for Monday:

Iveson - 38%
    Diotte - 34%
    Leibovici - 25%
    Semotiuk - 2%
    Ward/Acleio - 1%

I think there will be some people who vote on emotion, which Diotte seems to evoke. Also, Leibovici will take a bigger bite than we expect.

Voter turnout predicition - 40%
    40% turnout, leading candidate at 38%= 15% of eligible voters.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

From this undecided voter heading to the polls...

Ward candidate...chosen.

Mayoral candidate...will decide when I am in the booth. Too many large arguments over simple first world problems, combined with a lack of passion and "fire in the belly" is making the choice hard. One friend summed it up...I am going to vote for an heir apparent project manager, one that is touted to be pre-ordained and the second coming of Camelot, one that is either the common person or no person, and the rest that are fun.

Translation...meh

In the end, for me, it will probably come down to the person I think will best shepherd the main issues I see - economic diversification, practicing what we preach (acting like a capital), accountability within Administration and to council vs the tail wagging the dog, and seeing that we need to actually work vs orate, research, study, issue a status of the study, study the status of the plan that studies the issue, issue a status of the planned status of the study, and then cry to others to "do something"...for free.

...plus...a couple in this race outright lied to me, misrepresented my opinion, and treated me with callousness and disdain when I dealt with them. That won't be forgotten when I hit the booth...
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

C2E Continued Contributor

I haven't seen as many larger Diotte signs as Leibovici or Iveson. I wonder if Diotte fell short of contributions.
    This is why I believe he would'nt disclose his list. It makes him look weaker if he has less contributions than Iveson and Leibovici.
    Vision - The art of seeing the invisible

Quote Originally Posted by Montrosian View Post
    This is why I believe he would'nt disclose his list. It makes him look weaker if he has less contributions than Iveson and Leibovici.
    Don't think that is so much the case as where you look.

In my area of the North West there are very few large Iveson/Leibovici signs but a ton of Diotte.

Likely a case of positioning rather than dollars.

Why put up large signs in zones you don't feel you can influence.

I can also appreciate the comment made by RichardS...

I'm headed out to vote right now
    Ward......yep made a decision
    Trustee...yep made a decision
    Mayor.....guess I'll be deciding in the booth

IN my highly biased personal opinion

I voted in today's civic election. Workers at my poll in Ward 10 told me that voting has been very steady this morning.

On a side note: I see that Cec Purvis has endorsed Diotte. YIKES!!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Vote cast. "Right to complain" reaffirmed

Just over 200 votes at my station.

Mayoral vote was a long decision. I even had a returning officer stop and ask if I had a question because I looked perplexed.

Oh well...
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

highlander

I've finally decided who will get my ward 7 council vote. Mayor was easy.

Now all I have to do is the actual vote part.

Am I the only one who loves taking that short walk to the polling station, and then waiting in line, and then voting , with all the I.D. procedures? It's a delicious experience, even when the wait is long, to be a part of a steady stream of citizens all doing theirs small part. It's good to remember that the process can be at least as important as the results.

^Yep. For all those who don't (bother to get informed) vote - you're missing a real feel-good. The process reminds me what freedom really is and how incredibly lucky we are to have it in spades.

Richard, when she asked if you were perplexed, did you respond, "no more than usual"?
    ... gobsmacked

Yep, felt good, always does, and we are as well within walking distance of the polls which always feels like a community activity, and not a duty.

No matter how limited the options seem, being able to mark a ballot is something I will never take for granted, and a privilege that is always better than the alternative.

Sun is shining, perfect day, walking on leaves of gold, incumbent heaven for a fall election..

I resisted looking perplexed. I was smiling and cordial and thanked the well organized poll staffers as usual. Be nice to a local poll station not too far from you today.
    Last edited by Replacement; 21-10-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Having door knocked 750 homes for Iveson over the weekend I predict he will get over 50% of the vote. If the youth vote comes out it could be a fair bit more. So far turnout appears to be better than last election.

^I feel very much the same from my experiences. He's done well to connect with all demographics.
    Go down a few dark alleys.

It'll be McKeen, Janz for me in Ward 6.

In terms of Mayor, still haven't decided if I vote strategically (Iveson) or for who would really be the best Mayor (Leibovici).

I'll know in the booth.

C2E Continued Contributor

Iveson, McKeen and Janz for me!

Just voted earlier this morning before I went to buy some stuff out of my local Safeway. That way, I don't have to deal with the late afternoon/early evening rush.
    Is there hope for Edmonton? Yes!!! The Oilers? Wait and see.

^^ You're not the first I've heard to have that conundrum - which kind of scares me.

Voted my candidate(s) - will be okay with either of the mayorlty choices expressed here often, just as long as it's not Cec Diotte, I mean Kerry Purves.
    ... gobsmacked

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    ^^ You're not the first I've heard to have that conundrum - which kind of scares me.

(...)
    It was the talk of the polling station I went to...indecision...nothing really standing out on 2 of the 3, and thise for the 3rd...were entrenched in the 3rd.

I'm looking forward to the results...I'm mainly curious as to turnout...

...as for the winner...remember, one vote of 13...

I spotted a couple of Nenshi signs on Whyte Avenue today. Very clever gag.

C2E SME

What are they smoking?

C2E SME

I saw a couple of Kerry Diotte signs - on top of potholes!

I was the 1st one to vote this morning, at my polling booth. There was quite a large group coming after me, so I'm also curious as to the turn out.

My voting is complete, so whatever happens tonight will be what the majority of voters/concerned citizens decide.

I will live with it, as I always do!
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

C2E SME

At least it's a healthy democracy of we see a strong turnout!

I too enjoy being in a line-up at the polls - although I stated I hit up the advanced polls, but there were still quite a few youngins making me feel good - reason is that a big line means people are excited (angry is excitement) and getting involved peacefully and making a small piece of the big puzzle. I had to vote in heart of two of my most cherished Edmontonians who are living abroad. That makes it even more worth it. Dictatorships may be easier, but in democracy the best part of "losing" is the legal after-bytch-fest that last until next time. If yer bytchin', then you'll vote next time. Can't do that in any other system. I'll cheers my whiskey to C2E for aiding in democratic debate!

Iveson should win but Leibovici should be close 2nd and Diotte is way behind Leibovici.
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

C2E SME

Well I voted and now I'm just going to hope for the best.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

I predict Don Iveson will be declared the winner before 8:30 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 24karat View Post
    I predict Don Iveson will be declared the winner before 8:30 pm.
    I predict you're wrong.

I don't think significant results will return until after 9.

Global not even tuning in until 9.
    CFRN will spend an hour before that gabbing for anybody interested.

CTV is going to flip to The Voice sometime after 10 PM. Hi Global!
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 21-10-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Don Iveson1,940 57.5%
    Karen Leibovici770 22.8%
    Kerry Diotte577 17.1%
    Gordon Ward39 1.2%
    Joshua Semotiuk32 0.9%
    Kristine Acielo18 0.5%
    15/279 polls reporting

All i have to say is LOL Iveson has this

Quote Originally Posted by darkmagnoblade View Post
    Don Iveson1,940 57.5%
    Karen Leibovici770 22.8%
    Kerry Diotte577 17.1%
    Gordon Ward39 1.2%
    Joshua Semotiuk32 0.9%
    Kristine Acielo18 0.5%
    15/279 polls reporting

All i have to say is LOL Iveson has this
    Depends a lot on which polls are reporting.

That said I'd be surprised if it isn't Iveson.
    Last edited by Replacement; 21-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.

I thought Kim Krushell would be a good political commentator. But for someone who loved the camera time when serving as a councillor, she doesn't really have anything enlightening to say on CTV's election coverage.

Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Don Iveson 2,262 56.9%
    Karen Leibovici 969 24.4%
    Kerry Diotte 632 15.9%

17/279 polls reporting

Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    I thought Kim Krushell would be a good political commentator. But for someone who loved the camera time when serving as a councillor, she doesn't really have anything enlightening to say on CTV's election coverage.
    I haven't much liked her coverage. The "I really like this result" rings as a little different.

So far this has been like viewing who Krushell would invite to a garden party than objective commentary on all the candidates.

I'm actually somewhat surprised the degree to which she is this candid. Although not surprised how partisan she is. I don't think for a moment she's aware that when she's resolutely supporting one candidate that it reflects unfairly on everybody representing democracy in each ward.

Although she is no longer incumbent and needing to work with some of these people so I think she's feeling a little free to say whatever she wants.
    Last edited by Replacement; 21-10-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Don Iveson 8,725 58.6%
    Karen Leibovici 2,965 19.9%
    Kerry Diotte 2,707 18.2%

29/279 polls reporting

C2E SME

Looks like Iveson's elected!

So far the amount of mayoral votes cast projects out to a total of 173,154.

The total from 2010 was 198,136.
    Last edited by TerryH; 21-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Don Iveson 15,176 61.1%
    Karen Leibovici 4,881 19.7%
    Kerry Diotte 4,019 16.2%

40/279 polls reporting

Really liking this watching the results at the Mercer with beer and CBC.
    Last edited by Paul Turnbull; 21-10-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Grammar

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Global bringing much better political commentary if anybody is interested. Night and day more depth.

Don Iveson 33,582 60.6%
    Karen Leibovici 11,016 19.9%
    Kerry Diotte 9,072 16.4%

74/279 polls reporting

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Thread closed. A new one is open for the election night forward.
    Ow

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789