Thread: Jack's Burger Bar - St. Albert

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Jack's Burger Bar - St. Albert

Opening soon... moved down from Slave Lake and quite a different take on burgers/shakes.

http://www.jacksburgershack.ca

https://www.facebook.com/JacksBurgerShack
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Too bad he couldn't have been open for the Rockin' August last week.

When you put up a website, it's a good idea to have information in it. Ok, the address is in there, but since the site presently is otherwise information-free, IanO can you illuminate how their take on burgers and shakes differs?
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Unique combos and cereal
    www.decl.org

Wonder what this is going to do to Jack's Drive Inn in Spruce Grove? They may have issues with this name.

Why are they moving out of Slave Lake?

BTW some of these small town burger places are gems in the rough. Stopped at Ramzi's in Westlock a short while ago...delicious!
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Get snake faced at Hooliganz Tavern and choke down a nice greasy burger at Ramzi's.

The Westlock experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    When you put up a website, it's a good idea to have information in it. Ok, the address is in there, but since the site presently is otherwise information-free, IanO can you illuminate how their take on burgers and shakes differs?
    Here's some of the offerings from their FB page:

Todays Special: Porchetta Sandwich-slow roasted pork belly with herb mayo + pickles $7 mmmmmmmmmm

Daily Special: The Hangover 2-beef, ketchup, mustard, pickle on 2 Grill'd cheese buns $6 all day

Cocktail Party: shrimp patty, cocktail sauce + lettuce served on a buttered toasted bun.

Daily Burger: Hail Caesar - turkey patty, bacon, lettuce + Caesar dressing served on garlic toasted buns $8

Daily Burgers: Customer choice-Moe's Black + Blue: beef patty, berry sauce, blue cheese + LTO $6
    also featuring Picnic basket-beef patty + potato salad served between 2 grill'd ham+cheese $6

Daily Burg- Under The Sea:Fresh Salmon filet with tartar sauce + lettuce $8
    Soup du Jour: Fresh Seafood Chowda $3

Chicken + Waffles

Beignets

Wyatt Earp- beef patty, cheese, chili + fried onions $8

Kids In The Hall: beef patty + ketchup w/ bacon Mac + cheese

The Mayan- bacon stuffed beef patty, cheese, salsa + spicy mayo $8

Winnie the Pooh- beef patty, cheese, honey mustard, crispy onions + lettuce

Midnight Express- beef patty, cheese, chili, tortilla chips, onion + spicy ranch $8

TROY - beef patty, LTO, hummus, dill sauce + fried capers $8

Doc Holiday - beef patty, chili, crispy onions, jack sauce + honey lemon dressing $8

IL Divo: beef patty, Italian meat sauce, cheesy polenta, arugula + pesto mayo $8

Hawaii Five-0: beef patty, pineapple teriyaki sauce, lettuce + onion $8

SpaceBalls: meatballs in tomato sauce w/ mozza, onion & pesto mayo

Forget Paris: beef patty, Brie, caramelized onion, apple slaw and mustard sauce $8

Ukraine Train- beef patty, homemade perogy, garlic sausage, caramelized onion and dill sauce $6

When Harry Met Sally- beef patty, ricotta cheese, mortadella, lettuce & Jack sauce

Kalifornia- beef patty, bacon, guacamole, lettuce and tomato

The Grudge: pork loin, caramelized apples, spicy pickle and mustard $6

Californiacation- beef patty, cheese, salsa ranch, guacamole and lettuce $8

Pan's Labyrinth: beef patty, Brie, Serrano ham, sweet mustard, cranberry dressing & LTO

Cowboys & Aliens- beef patty, cheese, chili, onion and sweet mustard

Dani California: beef patty, guacamole, bacon bits, LTO, jack sauce

Finding Nemo: crab cake, LTO, bacon mayo $8

Days of (Slave Lake) Thunder! Beef patty and cheese on a doughnut $8

ATCO: beef patty, LTO, jack sauce & Andouille sausage, Thousand islands, Caramelized Onion

City of Angels: slow braised short rib in a grill'd cheese sandwich $7

American Werewolf in Paris: beef patty, cheese, honey mustard, ham and caramelized onions served on egg dipped buns $8

Johnny Ringo: beef patty, chili, cheese, caramelized onion, ranch & tortilla chips

Rey Mysterio: beef patty, jalapeño cheese sauce, tortilla chips, LTO & jack sauce $8

Ukraine Train: beef patty, housemade bacon + potato perogy, lettuce, onion, cheese, bacon bits & dill sauce

Curly Bill: Beef patty, cheese, chill, jack sauce $8

Fantastic! They should take exactly 1 minute to cut-and-paste that info into their website. Wordpress makes it a breeze...
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

I don't know if all of those are on a regular menu or if they were just for the daily specials. I guess since they were only in Slave Lake, the need for a website wasn't needed.

Great we are going to have a Burger war in St Albert with Soda Jerks.

Perron and St Anne are getting to be quite the Resto Streets.

It's a chain, but I'm a big fan of South St Burger (connected to NY Fries) - there is one in Crossiron Mills (since 2009, and a few others now), I haven't seen in Edmonton yet though. I just like the way they supposedly use hormone free beef (they have pictures of the farm), its very personalized, you can pick various cheeses (I like the blue, also have goat), sauces and toppings (like Harveys but more choice, and much better flame grilled meat), and good whole wheat buns (if you choose). Oh well, probably the wrong thread, I'll have to try Jack's, I'm always a little suspicious though of any fast food (or regular) restaurant if there are too many items on the menu.

Oh Moa, for you, it's never the wrong thread to talk about how something in Calgary you think is better!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Why are they moving out of Slave Lake?

BTW some of these small town burger places are gems in the rough. Stopped at Ramzi's in Westlock a short while ago...delicious!
    Lease issue
    www.decl.org

Just had the BBQ crunch, my god I should always order 2...
    www.decl.org

First One is Always Free

Happy to hear they have a food truck, and will be out this year in YEG.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Just had the BBQ crunch, my god I should always order 2...
    small?

No, just so damn good I want 2*

*the few times I have, I regret about 10 mins later.
    www.decl.org

You are such a food wh*re! I'm craving this now at nearly 5:00AM lol.

As per one other commenter re: Jack's Drive Through. I just mentioned their establishnent on State & Main. Looks like my agenda for today is St.Albert for lunch; a drive out to Spruce Grove for an afternoon munch and visit Stony/Spruce and visit the old former house I grew up in.