Thread: Ward 4 Candidates

Default Ward 4 Candidates

Candidates running so far:

Ed Gibbons

Sam Hachem
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

First One is Always Free

I attended the Ward 4 forum last night and Gibbons was rude, dismissive and defensive on nearly everything.

Highlight for me included when asked about our awful snow removal, his stated quite clearly that it is your responsibility to own a proper vehicle as there will be not changes. Oh, and he doesn't care if you can't get out of your driveway because they piled a mountain of snow in your keyhole. So invest in a big truck and deal with it. Last time I checked, I paid taxes for services. If you don't want to provide me with services, lower my taxes.

Hachem is young and has room to grow but his head is in the game, has a 6 year plan to improve Ward 4 and vows to listen more to constituents where it was clearly made by several people Gibbons is failing.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Gibbons wins
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Who's the kid running for ward 4? Justin draper, how old is he? I'm suppose to trust a 20 year old with my tax dollars, no thank you. His mom is the Chair of the Edmonton public school board trustee.
    The Caterina's are also looking at building an empire in city council since Tony is running in ward 7 and Rocco in ward 4.

What is the communities feedback on this?