Thread: Leibovici telemarketing - Not providing acurate Caller ID 587-331-6586

Default Leibovici telemarketing - Not providing acurate Caller ID 587-331-6586

2nd call from Leibovici camp today despite being very clear their calls were not welcome.The calls show as 587-331-6586 and do not display a proper name on caller ID. More than a little disrespectful to the people their bothering with unsolicited calls.

Hafis Devji's team (Ward 10) took the time to get call display right.

Oh nooo better vote for Diotte then

I'd rather C2E than work!

could come from robocall ??
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by jagators63 View Post
    could come from robocall ??
    Nope, human caller.

Ah, I've gotten 3 calls from that number in the past few days. I don't answer 587 numbers though.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Leibovici is irrelevance bought by the highest bidding real estate developper, so why would it matter

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Ah, I've gotten 3 calls from that number in the past few days. I don't answer 587 numbers though.
    Why? 587 is a valid code in Alberta. I know a number of people with 587 numbers.

Also the lack of ID on the number could be solely because it's a temporary number. Campaigns only buy lines for the duration of the campaign so the name may never get added to the ID database.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Leibovici is like a decepticon, her campaign photos don't match real life.
    Last edited by Turtle; 11-10-2013 at 10:56 AM.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

From personal experince...

I now have a 587 number due to my new move. It came up without my ID for 4 weeks plus. It finally showed up on Monday when I made a call out, but it had the wrong name!

LOL

So yes, the lack of an immediate caller ID can be the system...not anything nefarious on the users part.
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    I know.. I wish she smiled more!
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Partially Addicted to C2E

haha..

it's unfortunate the do not call laws don't apply to political campaigns..

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/nrt-ntr-eng

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    Why? 587 is a valid code in Alberta. I know a number of people with 587 numbers.
    I don't know a single person with a 587 number, so I don't answer the calls. If they want to leave a message then I can return their call.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Fair enough. My solution to this was to not have call display. If you're not in my contact list, then all I see is a number. I often let those go to voice mail. Of course this proved a problem when Revenue Canada kept calling and never left a message so I didn't know it was them.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Just to note, 587 is the new province wide area code. If you get a new cell phone, get a 587 number so you're never long distance no matter where you are in Oilberta.

lol, perfectly stated.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Just to note, 587 is the new province wide area code. If you get a new cell phone, get a 587 number so you're never long distance no matter where you are in Oilberta.
    Long distance doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    Fair enough. My solution to this was to not have call display. If you're not in my contact list, then all I see is a number. I often let those go to voice mail. Of course this proved a problem when Revenue Canada kept calling and never left a message so I didn't know it was them.
    I answered a call from "PEI/Nova Scotia" because I thought it might be Revenue Canada. The first word was of course "congratulations" so I knew it wasn't them.

Addicted to C2E

I got a robocall from Dexx williams (ward 6)

Got a robocall from Karen last night. Does this actually work to gain support? It just annoyed me.

I got one, I hung up as soon as I heard this is Karen

Got one as well. That makes 2 robocalls, and another from a volunteer asking if I'd support Karen (no, sorry). I haven't had calls from any other mayoral candidate.

Got one as well. That makes 2 robocalls
    What decade do they think this is?

They might as well try spamming our email as well. You know, just to "get her name out there".

Well considering the federal PC and NDP party both still use robocalls and the WR party here in Alberta as recently as the last elections.... They still do reach some of the population that's not as computer savvy as us folks on C2E...

There are still people who either dont have email/internet, or dont check it very often... Robocalls are still an effective means to get a message out to the baby boomers and older.

^Agreed.

Robocalls are also very cost-effective in terms of money and time compared to distributing leaflets to mailboxes or paid advertising. Maybe a bit old fashioned, but robocalls are a perfectly legitimate form of communication for such things as letting people know of upcoming events or for inviting participation in telephone town halls with the candidate.

There have been some well-documented cases of robocall abuse. But that's true of any form of communication.

Robocalls seem to work better for getting out the time and date of an event to people you're pretty sure are going to want to go (party members for an event with the leader, etc.), less well for general voter contact.
    “It’s so beautiful. What sort of bird is that?”

^Think that depends on the demographic you're trying to reach. For reaching older voters whose names and land line phone numbers are in the white pages or 411.ca, robocalls are still effective. These voters are a declining but still important portion of the electorate that is difficult to reach in other ways (such as social media).

C2E Long Term Contributor

I got one from Ward 6 Melinda Hollis, which was a mini-questionnaire..."press 1 if you are going to support Melinda Hollis, etc"
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

I get so many robot calls these days which start off with "Congratulations" both on my cell and my work phone that I've learned to hang up right away, calm down and get back to work. It doesn't affect my opinion one way or another when they're political calls.

The "Press 1 if you are going to support ..." might make me withdraw support though. That's a pretty clueless opening.

Eve