Thread: Auto and Home Insurance

Default Auto and Home Insurance

Hello,

Which auto insurance company in Edmonton has the cheapest rate.

Thanks

Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Depends on your driving record and what kind of coverage you want. You should contact a broker or call several companies for quotes.

Precious are you new to Alberta? Honest question no sarcasm here.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

TD Meloche Monnex offers better then average rates if you are an alumnai of a post-secondary institution or a member of professional organization.

^ On sometimes very reduced coverage.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

C2E Posting Power

I recently switched my house and car insurance to Canadian Direct - I think it is owned by the Canadian Western Bank - which is HQ'd in Edmonton. Their rates were the best for my situation..

Intact..
    Des Jardain
    Peace Hills.
    All State..

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeman View Post
    I recently switched my house and car insurance to Canadian Direct - I think it is owned by the Canadian Western Bank - which is HQ'd in Edmonton. Their rates were the best for my situation..
    same here...
    President and CEO - Airshow.

I'd rather C2E than work!

^ me too.

FWIW ... Canadian Direct was half HALF what I paid Meloche Monnex.

Still kicking myself ...
    ... gobsmacked

^ word on the street is the claims service is horrible but that is always suspect..

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

...well, my one claim went smoothly and fairly...FWIW
    President and CEO - Airshow.

^ that's good to hear.. It's always hard to gauge feedback on claims service as often the service is fine but the client just didn't get what they thought they deserved which can be unrealistic at times.

Thanks. I will try Canadian Direct. I already got a quote from Meloche Monnex.

@ Edmonton daily photo. Yes, I am new to the city and know no one

I'd rather C2E than work!

are you using an broker ?
    PM me for a very reputable one (60+ years in business here)
    Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgeman View Post
    same here...
    Me 2. I saved more than $1,000 when I changed from the personal to Canadian direct. I also have had excellent service from Canadian direct on the one claim I had.

Go to a broker, its their job to find you the best deal for your circumstances. My broker (Drayden) has set me up with Intact - so far its all been very good. Their rates were cheaper than equivalent Meloche (with professional discount). I am in the middle of a claim and so far its been very easy to deal with, only complaint is my claims advisor keeps changing, but really its all in the computer so its doesn't really matter who I talk to.

^ Is your home insurance with Intact.. if it is wait until your next renewal as you may not like them all that much shortly..

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on it. I am expecting we will all see increased rates due to the flooding down south. One way or another the burden will be shared with all.

It has little to do with down south and everything to do with the industry on a whole and the way we build houses today.

Look for their peril specific deductibles for things like wind and hail ($2500 is pretty common but could be higher) Look for sub limits on things like sewer backup and they halso had 2 rate increases this year so depending on when your reneal is you will likely get hit with one if not both...

I have stopped writing Intact at the moment until they cool down, as the amount of change they have put forward in the last couple years is staggering, They were also one of the principle reasons the gov't had to step in regarding auto insurance back in the mid 2000's..

I suspect we will start hearing MAJOR complaints about home insurance soon... I wonder what the gov't will do?

The market is also becoming very HARD... if you have a unique or hard to insure property it's becoming harder to place them. My underwriters favorite word as of late seems to be NO.