Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 201 to 255 of 255

Thread: South Common

  1. #201

    Default

    I thought that all of their stores were company owned. I'm hoping they open it here in January as were the original rumors.

  2. #202

    Default

    Took a visit to the Rec Room over the weekend. As mentioned above, minors had to be accompanied by adults. This place is more of an adult playground than for kids - at least on the weekend night.
    Had to line up for about 20 minutes to get. Really surprised they didn't plan for that. Raining outside and people just have to stand there with no overhang or protection from the elements. I expect this place to be quite popular in the winter when there is not much outdoor activities. Should have had some consideration. Also there is no smoker accommodation either so everyone gets to second hand for free.








    All-in-all decently priced activities and food/drinks as well. And overall a good place to kill a night with a group of 4.

    Also parking tip: just park in front of the nike store.

  3. #203

    Default

    Job No 171103965-013
    Description: To change the use of a General Retail Store to a Specialty Food Service (30.87m2 of public space), and to construct interior alterations. (Chachi's Deli Canada).
    Location: 1320 - 99 STREET NW
    Plan 0922968 Blk 17 Lot 7A
    Applicant: AZTEC RENOVATIONS & REFIT INC, DAVE
    Status: To Be Assigned
    Create Date: 11/28/2016 10:02:33 AM

    Coming Soon

    Outlet Collection at EIA (Edmonton)
    South Common, Edmonton
    Edmonton Ice District

  4. #204

    Default

    checked out REC Room friday - crazy packed!
    Had playdium flashbacks, but on a much smaller scale. Tried axe throwing, was neat. Prices for games and everything seemed very reasonable actually, would go back.

  5. #205

    Default

    The triangular plot of land wedged between gateway blvd, the 19avenue exit overpass and 19th avenue (the land north of Wendy's), seems to be dug out with a fence around it. Not sure what's going on there.

  6. #206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    The triangular plot of land wedged between gateway blvd, the 19avenue exit overpass and 19th avenue (the land north of Wendy's), seems to be dug out with a fence around it. Not sure what's going on there.
    Sitemap on Cameron Developments site seems to indicate a Nordstrom Rack is going there.

    http://www.camdevcorp.com/wp-content...2016_09_06.pdf

  7. #207

    Default

    ^Thanks, Good exposure from the highway, but isolated from the rest of SEC to an extent as all other retail tends to be clustered. An odd spot to develop, you'd think they were really hard-pressed for land in the rest of SEC

  8. #208

    Default

    228593886-004
    01-Feb-2017
    9704 - 19 AVENUE NW
    Plan 0226204 Blk 7 Lot 6

    To construct interior alterations and to change the use of a General Retail Store to a Specialty Food Service- BUBBLE TEA (Public Space 20.44m2).

    GOCCHI HOLDINGS INC.

  9. #209

    Default

    I always thought that triangled lot would become a hotel. Guess things have changed.

  10. #210

    Default

    176287869-016
    07-Feb-2017
    9711 - 23 AVENUE NW
    Plan 0020087 Blk 6 Lot 3

    To construct original tenant fit up of CU "Barburrito" : Construct interior renovations for restaurant use; installation of commercial kitchen and associated mechanical equipment.

    BARBURRITO

  11. #211
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    4,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I always thought that triangled lot would become a hotel. Guess things have changed.
    Or another gas station. It just seems a bit of an orphaned space.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

  12. #212

    Default

    ^ sure, hotel, or gas station, highway commercial services related. Kinda surprised by a retail outlet, I would've thought that would be more at home further in with the other outlets.

  13. #213

    Default

    I don't if you guys heard but there was a fire in the Rec Room

    http://globalnews.ca/news/3240448/fi...monton-common/

  14. #214

    Default

    Chipotle isn't franchised but is thinking about it

    http://www.franchisetimes.com/news/S...n-Franchising/

  15. #215

    Default

    Job No 251451312-001
    Description: To install (2) Fascia On-premises Signs (Chatime).
    Location: 9704 - 19 AVENUE NW
    Plan 0226204 Blk 7 Lot 6
    Applicant: GOCHNI HOLDINGS INC
    Status: More Intake Info Requested
    Create Date: 5/9/2017 4:08:09 PM

  16. #216

    Default

    219867428-002
    26-Apr-2017
    1320 - 99 STREET NW
    Plan 0922968 Blk 17 Lot 7A

    To construct interior alterations to a restaurant (Blaze Pizza, CRU 3&4, South Edmonton Common)

    BENNETT DESIGN ASSOCIATES

  17. #217

    Default

    Job No 254196293-002
    Description: To construct a General Retail Store Use building (Nordstrom Rack).
    Location: 10008 - 22 AVENUE NW
    Plan 9926072 Blk X
    Applicant: CAMERON DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
    Status: On Hold
    Create Date: 7/17/2017 8:54:30 AM

  18. #218
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Edmonton Downtown Core
    Posts
    4,510

    Default

    "On Hold" ... The Rack. Am I reading into this the possibility of a change of location .... maybe to EIA as an anchor?? Or that Nordstrom's has rethought its Canadian operations?
    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 19-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.

  19. #219

    Default

    Very interesting.

  20. #220

    Default

    the status is probably more a reflection of where the development purpose is - on hold for review... etc.

  21. #221

    Default

    Job No 260503810-001
    Description: To construct an Accessory Building to an existing Commercial Use development (Public washroom building)
    Location: 1403 - 99 STREET NW
    Plan 9926548 Blk 15 Lot 1
    Applicant: HODGSON SCHILF ARCHITECTS
    Status: New
    Create Date: 8/24/2017 4:12:08 PM

  22. #222
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    7,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    the status is probably more a reflection of where the development purpose is - on hold for review... etc.
    Thats exactly it.

  23. #223

    Default

    Wholesale Sports is closing soon. Maybe Bass Pro Shops could open up in its place
    Last edited by BurritoBurger01; 05-10-2017 at 01:11 PM.

  24. #224
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,788

    Default

    ^Would be nice but Bass Pro would need way more space. Also I would think that they would prefer having a much more prominent location. Personally I would like to see Bass Pro but closer to the airport near the new mall or maybe along the freeway somewhere around Leduc.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

  25. #225

    Default

    Yeah, you're right. Now I'm thinking possibly a combined HomeSense and Winners. HomeSense needs to move from its Calgary Trail location so T&T can expand. I'm sure Winners would have no problem moving down from its Calgary Trail location either.

    Also, according to the Cameron site plan, there is 14K square feet of space between MEC and Saks. Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, it would be a good size to put in a pet store. I think Petland could work in both SEC and South Park. Walmart did, so why wouldn't Petland?

  26. #226

    Default

    miniso coming soon and will be located beside Jersey City.
    http://riocan.com/Siteplans/Siteplan-Alberta.pdf

  27. #227

    Default

    Captain’s Boil is coming soon as well.
    https://www.thecaptainsboil.com/

  28. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    miniso coming soon and will be located beside Jersey City.
    http://riocan.com/Siteplans/Siteplan-Alberta.pdf
    awesome i really like miniso. went to muji here and ended up getting basically the same stuff at miniso at a much cheaper price.

  29. #229

    Default

    SEC isn't a bad little area, though getting there via transit is a bit annoying (LRT to Century Park, then bus), considering it'd be like a 15-minute drive. No wonder they say Edmonton has a "toxic car culture".

    I never really "discovered" it until relatively late, as I assumed it was even HARDER to get to, and my friends never wanted to drive around. The department stores are absolutely mammoth, they have a really good bookstore (one of the nicer Chapters/Indigos I've seen), the Canadian Tire practically feels like a destination, the card shop is one of the nicer ones, and their hunting shop is like "Bass Pro Lite". Unfortunately, everything is MASSIVELY spread out, and infamously hard on pedestrians or people with kids. The stores are often separated by fairly-busy roads with lights that change every other minute, and it's a hell of a journey from nearly any place good. There are stores WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY off to the side, beside the movie theatre, that are almost TOO out of the way.

    The Rec Room is solid, but mostly the kind of arcade games I no longer really play. It's always busy whenever I visit (typically on Sundays), and they're open delightfully late, which is terrific if you're a night-owl like me. Too much of this city shuts down super-early.

    Part of me wants to go inside Chuck E. Cheese's just for the nostalgia (though I've only been in one a single time), but they probably frown on random adult males just walking around there by themselves .

  30. #230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Captain’s Boil is coming soon as well.
    https://www.thecaptainsboil.com/
    Job No 265889742-001
    Description: To change the Use from General Retail to Restaurant (92.06m2 of Public Space).
    Location: 2045 - 98 STREET NW
    Plan 9823278 Blk 7 Lot 4
    Applicant: 2002358 ALBERTA LTD O/A THE CAPTAIN'S BOIL
    Status: New
    Create Date: 10/31/2017 9:12:00 AM

  31. #231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Captainís Boil is coming soon as well.
    https://www.thecaptainsboil.com/
    Job No 265889742-001
    Description: To change the Use from General Retail to Restaurant (92.06m2 of Public Space).
    Location: 2045 - 98 STREET NW
    Plan 9823278 Blk 7 Lot 4
    Applicant: 2002358 ALBERTA LTD O/A THE CAPTAIN'S BOIL
    Status: New
    Create Date: 10/31/2017 9:12:00 AM

    I've been waiting for something like this to open up. Can't wait.

  32. #232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpIt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Captain’s Boil is coming soon as well.
    https://www.thecaptainsboil.com/
    Job No 265889742-001
    Description: To change the Use from General Retail to Restaurant (92.06m2 of Public Space).
    Location: 2045 - 98 STREET NW
    Plan 9823278 Blk 7 Lot 4
    Applicant: 2002358 ALBERTA LTD O/A THE CAPTAIN'S BOIL
    Status: New
    Create Date: 10/31/2017 9:12:00 AM

    I've been waiting for something like this to open up. Can't wait.
    Same. The menu looks good, the name throws me off tho...

  33. #233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisnotmyuseridlol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpIt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Captainís Boil is coming soon as well.
    https://www.thecaptainsboil.com/
    Job No 265889742-001
    Description: To change the Use from General Retail to Restaurant (92.06m2 of Public Space).
    Location: 2045 - 98 STREET NW
    Plan 9823278 Blk 7 Lot 4
    Applicant: 2002358 ALBERTA LTD O/A THE CAPTAIN'S BOIL
    Status: New
    Create Date: 10/31/2017 9:12:00 AM

    I've been waiting for something like this to open up. Can't wait.
    Same. The menu looks good, the name throws me off tho...
    Yah, the name did not summon food in my mind, either

    Odd way of serving food, too; it comes to you in a bag , and then you eat the food by hand, according to the review below:

  34. #234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisnotmyuseridlol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpIt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Captain’s Boil is coming soon as well.
    https://www.thecaptainsboil.com/
    Job No 265889742-001
    Description: To change the Use from General Retail to Restaurant (92.06m2 of Public Space).
    Location: 2045 - 98 STREET NW
    Plan 9823278 Blk 7 Lot 4
    Applicant: 2002358 ALBERTA LTD O/A THE CAPTAIN'S BOIL
    Status: New
    Create Date: 10/31/2017 9:12:00 AM

    I've been waiting for something like this to open up. Can't wait.
    Same. The menu looks good, the name throws me off tho...
    Captain's Boil... and the First Mate's Pimple

  35. #235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    "On Hold" ... The Rack. Am I reading into this the possibility of a change of location .... maybe to EIA as an anchor?? Or that Nordstrom's has rethought its Canadian operations?
    its on their site: https://shop.nordstrom.com/c/future-store-openings

    Canada

    Calgary, AB, CANADA: Deerfoot Meadows (Nordstrom Rack)
    Opening Spring 2018
    Edmonton, AB, CANADA: South Edmonton Common (Nordstrom Rack)
    Opening Fall 2018

    Mississauga, ON, CANADA: Heartland Town Centre (Nordstrom Rack)
    Opening Fall 2018
    Ottawa, ON, CANADA: The Ottawa Train Yards (Nordstrom Rack)
    Opening Fall 2018
    Toronto, ON, CANADA: Vaughan Mills (Nordstrom Rack)
    Opening Spring 2018
    Toronto, ON, CANADA: One Bloor (Nordstrom Rack)
    Opening 2018

  36. #236
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    6,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Job No 254196293-002
    Description: To construct a General Retail Store Use building (Nordstrom Rack).
    Location: 10008 - 22 AVENUE NW
    Plan 9926072 Blk X
    Applicant: CAMERON DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
    Status: On Hold
    Create Date: 7/17/2017 8:54:30 AM
    That little piece of land they are developing north of Wendy's but word is they pulled out. Could they be going to EIA, or maybe a better location in SEC ?

  37. #237

    Default

    265889742-002
    22-Dec-2017
    2045 - 98 STREET NW
    Plan 9823278 Blk 7 Lot 4

    To change the Use from General Retail to Restaurant (92.06m2 of Public Space). Captain's Boil

    2002358 ALBERTA LTD O/A THE CAPTAIN'S BOIL

  38. #238

    Default

    176287869-023
    01-Feb-2018
    9711 - 23 AVENUE NW
    Plan 0020087 Blk 6 Lot 3

    To construct interior alterations in an existing shell restaurant building - original tenant fit up for VietXpress (South Edmonton Common).

    VIETXPRESS

  39. #239

    Default

    Judging by the address, it appears to be going inside Superstore. Or is it in one of the new buildings located in front of Superstore?

  40. #240
    First One is Always Free
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Job No 254196293-002
    Description: To construct a General Retail Store Use building (Nordstrom Rack).
    Location: 10008 - 22 AVENUE NW
    Plan 9926072 Blk X
    Applicant: CAMERON DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
    Status: On Hold
    Create Date: 7/17/2017 8:54:30 AM
    That little piece of land they are developing north of Wendy's but word is they pulled out. Could they be going to EIA, or maybe a better location in SEC ?
    I drove by there two weekends ago and there was signage saying "Nordstrom Rack coming soon"

  41. #241

  42. #242

    Default

    looks to be at the strip with Aldo, and Lindt

  43. #243

    Default

    Spent a few hours in South Common today- pretty much the same as always, except Outdoor World (or whatever it was) is closed and is being worked on externally. I've heard the entire line was killed off by their rivals as Cabela's.

    Oddly, I think this is the first time in a year I've gone during the week and not the weekend- usually, the buses are empty and the stores are packed- on a Tuesday, I guess it's the opposite. Didn't help that I left at 4pm, so I got SLAMMED by the "everyone leaving downtown at once" rush. Naturally, hitting the #4 in Strathcona meant grabbing one of the 3-4 hopscotching buses that travel down the Ave at the exact same time.

    It's odd seeing some of these places empty- Superstore, Walmart & Rec Room were clear of people- the Rec Room is particularly bizarre with only 3-4 groups inside, because it looks like a total ghost town. Usually I come by on Sundays, where it's MUCH busier. I still remember when this place opened- jam-packed with people, but with hundreds of terrible reviews on Yelp & Google because this MONSTROUS location opened up a brand-new kitchen that was immediately hammered with orders- the poor Manager had to respond to like EVERY review promising better service in the future . I wonder if they ever pulled out of that, or if they even care? I would imagine this is more of a "destination/place to watch the big games with a crowd" than "a place you go for great food".

    Both Rec Rooms in the city seem to be very focused around "weekend crowds", from what I can see.

    All in all, the area looks pretty healthy, at least- only one closed store, and that's a recent development.

  44. #244

    Default

    The initial South Common was the only power Centre hence the busy angle; now every quadrant has their own...
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  45. #245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    The initial South Common was the only power Centre hence the busy angle; now every quadrant has their own...
    "busy angle"? How do you mean?

    South Common is usually pretty busy on the weekends; not as much during the week. Pretty much like every retail place, I guess.

    What HASN'T changed is what a nightmare it is to get to. You can DRIVE their in 10 minutes from where I live- taking the bus, it's 15 minutes to the LRT, 10-ish minutes to the next station, then a 7-10 minute bus ride to South Common- on a bad day for timing, it will take you an HOUR to get there. It's really quite stupid that there's no direct routes to South Common by public transit. Especially since one road is basically a straight-away the entire way there.

  46. #246

    Default

    It is hardly busy like it use to be. Now that all four corners of the city has their own power centres, that has eroded the traffic of South Common.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

  47. #247

    Default

    I disagree. South Common is still as busy as it ever has been. South Common has a lot of retailers not found it the other smaller power centers.

  48. #248

    Default

    I second Medwards post. It is a very busy place. IKEA is nuts most days.

  49. #249
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    10,788

    Default

    And will get busier as they fill up the empty lots with new buildings and businesses.

  50. #250

    Default

    Yep, SEC is always busy despite it not being a walkable place. There's a lot of stores that you won't find anywhere else I guess.

    I like going to SEC and I went to the BestBuy location there and it looks phenomenal inside!

  51. #251

    Default

    Protip: Best time to go to SEC is right-after a snowstorm. Hit up 5 stores few weekends ago, drove right up to the nearest parking stall each time. Pretty sure everyone went to WEM that weekend...or stayed home

  52. #252

    Default

    254196293-012
    16-Mar-2018
    1910 - 102 STREET NW
    Plan 1722300 Blk 22 Lot 1

    To construct FOOTINGS, FOUNDATIONS AND STRUCTURAL FRAME for future retail building SHELL ONLY - Nordstrom Rack.

    ETON-WEST CONSTRUCTION (ALTA) INC

  53. #253

    Default

    181958995-005
    19-Mar-2018
    10008 - 22 AVENUE NW
    Plan 9926072 Blk X

    To construct a Commercial building (General Retail Stores, CRU's 1 - 5; Restaurants, CRU's 6 (64.6 sq.m. of Public Space) & 7 (63.5 sq.m. of Public Space). 8 RTU's, 0 Washrooms, Demising walls between CRU3 & CRU 4, CRU 4 & CRU 5 and CRU 5 & CRU 6

    NORSON CONSTRUCTION LLP., TYLER HESSMANN

  54. #254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    181958995-005
    19-Mar-2018
    10008 - 22 AVENUE NW
    Plan 9926072 Blk X

    To construct a Commercial building (General Retail Stores, CRU's 1 - 5; Restaurants, CRU's 6 (64.6 sq.m. of Public Space) & 7 (63.5 sq.m. of Public Space). 8 RTU's, 0 Washrooms, Demising walls between CRU3 & CRU 4, CRU 4 & CRU 5 and CRU 5 & CRU 6

    NORSON CONSTRUCTION LLP., TYLER HESSMANN
    Sherwood Park is reopening its Via Cibo location. I recall seeing one on an old Cameron site map, so i think it could be going into this building.

  55. #255

    Default

    The new building is going up quickly at South Edmonton Common. Does anyone know what will be going in it? Look like there will be a lot of spaces. Any chance Chipotle might ever open there? What do you think will come? I hope that it isn't another of the same stores we have everywhere, it would be nice if we get some new to Edmonton retail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •