Thread: Conditions at Sochi Olympics are bad/hilarious

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Conditions at Sochi Olympics are bad/hilarious

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

So what? Anyone in Vancouver in 2010 could have seen all the same scenes by going down east Hastings. Here's an idea. How about we just shut the hell up and follow the competition?

Some of it is quite funny, most of it isn't a huge deal in my opinion, the entitled reporters and journalists really get on my nerves after a while... You're there to work, you're not the stars of these games!

On a side note, if I was part if the organizing committee I would make every effort to keep those people happy as they'll be spreading the story of Sochi!
    i love lamp

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    So what? Anyone in Vancouver in 2010 could have seen all the same scenes by going down east Hastings. Here's an idea. How about we just shut the hell up and follow the competition?
    exactly... it also makes you wonder how many of those posting are there on their own dime. and for perspective don't forget that the last winter games started with an athlete dying even before the flame was lit. it sure is easier to gore someone else's ox isn't it?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I can't say if it's the main reason or not but the level of corruption would be a hindrance. Could also be a lack of qualified tradespeople. Perhaps using labourers to do the trades work.

Different culture ( shared toilets). And whiny piece of crap ******** that can't appreciate anything! Selective pics , I'm sure here in canada we could find way worse!!

When you get thousands of hotel rooms within a few blocks of each other you are bound to get issues. Las Vegas anyone.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain